PDA

View Full Version : More on using fillers...

lovedogs
06-12-2006, 05:59 PM
I know there's a lot of controversy on using fillers. Some of us love them, some hate the idea, some are in-between. Have any of you had any experience with a fairly new product called Pufflon? Their web site is www.pufflon.com It looks interesting and was just wondering if any of you have tried it and what you think about it.

Buckshot
06-12-2006, 10:46 PM
................I know some here have used it. It's expensive stuff. I use either Dacron or Super Sam which is a ground poly shotshell buffer if I feel I need a solid filler.

................Buckshot

guninhand
06-14-2006, 10:12 PM
I have used it so far in one load, a .308. Used 25.9 gr imr 4198, 2.3 gr Pufflon, bullet was 183 gr RCBS FN, Norma brass, win primers. cartridge OAL 2.644 in. Alloy was heat treated WW. Used soft Saeco green lube and Hornady GC. Bullet was sized to .310. For some reason, round wouldn't chamber in the rifle, a Tikka 595 with a 4X Leupold, unless I sized the first drive band .308. I haven't had time to cerrosafe this rifle's goodies. Bullets were inspected visually only.

I loaded on a Dillon 550 and took cases out at the bullet station to load the Pufflon with a Lyman No.55. Cases were already sized and primed and first station on the dillon had the Lyman M die.

I'd have to go diggin' to get exact numbers but final speed was close to 2000fps. As I started shooting speed decreased steadily as the Pufflon has the molllydeum (sp) disulfide and slicks up the bore. I got consistant 1.2 inch groups at 100 yds.

I haven't had time to see how the load would do without Pufflon. There was no leading and the bore cleaned up fast and easy.