PDA

View Full Version : molds on fleabay

Tazman1602
02-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Post deleted, too much controvery on this issue. Sorry guys.

Art

beagle
02-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Heck, I have a DC 358156 sitting here on the desk that I put on Swappin' and Sellin' for $45 shipped and no takers. I could have saved you $2./beagle

Tazman1602
02-10-2010, 08:26 AM

Art

Rex
02-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I'd like the 358429 but I won't do paypal.
Rex

Bad Water Bill
02-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I would not mind picking one up but when I try to get to my page Evil bay wants my card # even my a t m PIN #. i do not use pay pal but it looks like they are trying to force the issue. :groner:

Tazman1602
02-10-2010, 01:00 PM

Art

Finster101
02-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I simply don't understand what the issue is with a lot of people and Paypal or Gunpal for that matter. I've used Paypal for years with zero issues. You do have to make sure you are actually getting to the Paypal page and not a scammers page. Paypal shoult always be https://www.paypal.com -- the "s" after the http denotes it as a secure page.

It is only because you have not had an issue yet. I spent over six months trying to get $2000.00 back on an incorrect charge. Whenever I did get to speak to a living individual, they were far less than helpful. [smilie=b:

Bad Water Bill
02-10-2010, 03:38 PM
My son is still having credit problems THANK YOU PAYPAL. He was in high school and had a small checking account. He purchased an item. The money was deducted on Monday then again for the same item on Wednesday and when they tried again on Thursday the account was bankrupt so paypal notified all of the credit bureaus about the DEADBEAT. Our bank saw the problem and got his money back BUT paypal still has their deadbeat notice in place. That is one of many horror stories I have seen and heard from friends.

Uncle R.
02-10-2010, 05:38 PM
I would not mind picking one up but when I try to get to my page Evil bay wants my card # even my a t m PIN #. i do not use pay pal but it looks like they are trying to force the issue. :groner:

Evil Bay wwants your ATM PIN number?
I don't THINK so! Thank goodness you didn't give it up!
Sounds sinister as heck to me - sounds like one of those scam web sites. What do they call it - phishing?
I'm an old curmudgeon and way out of date on things - but there must be some people here who know. Is THAT for real?
Uncle R.

Tazman1602
02-10-2010, 05:54 PM
My son is still having credit problems THANK YOU PAYPAL. He was in high school and had a small checking account. He purchased an item. The money was deducted on Monday then again for the same item on Wednesday and when they tried again on Thursday the account was bankrupt so paypal notified all of the credit bureaus about the DEADBEAT. Our bank saw the problem and got his money back BUT paypal still has their deadbeat notice in place. That is one of many horror stories I have seen and heard from friends.

Bill I've heard the horror stories and I do believe you. Matter of fact I had heard them early on, years ago which is why I setup two bank accounts. If I make a purchase I transfer THAT amount into the account paypal has access to and NO more. When I get money out of my paypal account, I immediatly transfer the money from the account that paypal has access to to the account that paypal does NOT have access to.

Man Bill I just saw that they wanted your ATM PIN number???? I've never had to give them that one nor would I. Sorry I got your blood boiling, I'd be pretty hot too guys if I had gotten burned.

I think I'm gonna delete my posts except this one so I don't get anyone any more upuset than I already have, didn't mean to do that. I hate the controversy that comes out here sometimes.

Not trying to be a paypal advocate to anyone who hates them, I understand that, just trying to give people an idea of how they can protect themselves if they want to use paypal and trying to get sellers here to use it so I can scarf up on some of those great deals I see sometimes on swappin and sellin...

No offense was intended man.........

Art

Bad Water Bill
02-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Tazman Not to worry. I had never thought of using 2 accounts. I am now in the process of closing out the folks estate and was worried about them confiscating the money if I used them for anything.

Now all I have to do is find an evil bay phone # to talk to a live person so I can get my info a long way removed from my son's. Wish me luck.

PS They also want mothers maiden name, # on the back and that is just to much personal info. My own kids don't have all that info and I should put it on the internet NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

anachronism
02-11-2010, 12:19 AM
There are no live people at E-bay. Ebay is a division of Cyberdyne, and humans have been removed from the decision making process.

Gelandangan
02-11-2010, 12:58 AM
I dont think ebay or any other websites that deals with Electronics Funds Transfer system would require your ATM PIN number.
This would never happen, unless you are dealing with scamming sites.
I deal with ebay for years, and I am one of their so called Powerseller (not that it mean much), never in my whole experience that they requested my ATM PIN.

Paypal is owned by eBay, thus they want to maximise their income by forcing users of eBay to use Paypal as the sole funds transfer tool.
They try this out in Australia a few month ago, but the motion were thrown out by the Australian Fair Trading dept.
But they still can force all user to use Paypal whether or not the user wants to.

Bad Water Bill
02-11-2010, 02:43 AM
In case you really doubt me here it is.

Enter your information
We have noticed an increasing fraudulent activity recently. In order to provide your security and protect you from fraudsters we have introduced a new system of identification that will help us to avoid any kind of fraud or unauthorised access.

Please enter as more information as possible to provide your complete identification and to activate all the features of the new system.

User Information:
First Name: Last Name:

Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy):
/ /

Social Security Number:
- -

Mother's Maiden Name:

Card Information (ie, ATM, debit, credit card):

Card Number:

Card Expiration Date (mm/yyyy):
/

Card CVV2:

ATM PIN:
Continue

About eBay | Announcements | Security Center | eBay Toolbar | Policies | Government Relations | Site Map | Help
Copyright © 1995-2008 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
eBay official time

There it is.

Bad Water Bill
02-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Here is their addy

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?co_partnerId=2&siteid=0&UsingSSL=1

Do you really want to give all of that info to the internet?

The addy will not respond but I copied and pasted it here.

What is your opinion?

ReloaderFred
02-11-2010, 04:06 AM
It's a fraudulent phishing scam. Don't respond to it, but you can report it to ebay and paypal. They do track down those sites and shut them down.

Look at the wording of the message after the words "enter your information". A legitimate site wouldn't word their message like that. They would use proper sentence structure, etc. They would also use proper spelling, and would never use the English spelling of authorized.

"Please enter as more information as possible to provide your complete identification and to activate all the features of the new system."
This is another example of how a phisher words their message. They used "more" instead of "much". You need to actually read what is printed in these things to see through them.

My bet is they're connected to my Nigerian banker, who is trying to send me millions in unclaimed dollars........... Or the person who is trying to give me the millions that I've won in the lottery that I never entered.

Be smart and pay attention to detail on these things. It will save you a lot of heartache and Tums.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Tazman1602
02-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Here is their addy

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?co_partnerId=2&siteid=0&UsingSSL=1

Do you really want to give all of that info to the internet?

The addy will not respond but I copied and pasted it here.

What is your opinion?

Bill you're getting scammed by a phisher. Ebay will NOT ask that information and ANY time they ask you anything they use your registered username.

Try this one:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=0&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmy.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3 FMyEbayBeta%26MyEbay%3D%26gbh%3D1%26guest%3D1&pageType=3984

and see if they still ask those questions. DO NOT give out that information over the internet. Ebay will NOT ask you those questions like that!!

Art

Bad Water Bill
02-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks folks My gut feeling all along is that this IS a scam.

Tazman when I click on your line I get the same as I posted, I can not get past it to report anything to evil bay. All suggestions are appreciated. :veryconfu:veryconfu

Bill*
02-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Forward it to spoof@ebay.com
they will investigate it

Tazman1602
02-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Forward it to spoof@ebay.com
they will investigate it

What this Bill said BW Bill - either that or your computer has a virus/hijacker on it that will not let go.

Do you have anti-virus protection at all???? I would do a total scan along with anti-spyware also. Sounds like you are getting 'jacked but PLEASE do NOT give out that info......

OR...........you could try downloading and installing Firefox browser

www.firefox.com (http://www.firefox.com)

and that *may* help.

Art

theperfessor
02-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I used to buy a lot of molds on ebay. I stopped as soon as they required all payments had to be through PayPal. There isn't anything on ebay I want bad enough to open a PayPal account, a second bank account to protect my credit, etc. If they won't take a Postal Money Order screw 'em.

Just my 2 cents worth.

1874Sharps
02-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I sell custom molds on ebay, but I will tell you all up front I do not like either ebay or PayPal. The fees from PayPal are high. The policies of ebay are paternalistic and anti-shooting sports. I only sell there because right now it best serves my needs, but I am hoping a better selling forum that is friendly to shooters will come.

Blacksmith
02-11-2010, 06:32 PM
There seems to be a way to create a Paypal account without giving them your bank account or credit card. I have not tried this yet, but since MiHec only accecpts Paypal for group buy molds, I will be trying it. You can purchase a MoneyPak and use it to fund a Paypal account. Here is the link to the explanation on the Paypal site:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=xpt/Marketing/demo/additionalpayment/GreenDot-outside
Costs a little more but seems like it would be secure.

Blacksmith

Gelandangan
02-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I sell custom molds on ebay, but I will tell you all up front I do not like either ebay or PayPal. The fees from PayPal are high. The policies of ebay are paternalistic and anti-shooting sports. I only sell there because right now it best serves my needs, but I am hoping a better selling forum that is friendly to shooters will come.

I agree with you, although I have been selling on eBay for years, I will move out as quick as someone could point out a similarly well visited and advertised site.
Last few years or so, there are a few sites that were created as a "replacement" or even "improvement" to eBay in Australia and overseas.
I am very quick to join up and start using their services.. Days became weeks and months, it is still the same thing ,
although the newer sites are more friendlier and cheaper etc, eBay still is the one that generates customer.
So, again until there is a better alternative, unfortunately we are quite stuck with the evil corporation.

On ebay I sell engineering stuff (mills, drills, taps etc) and whatever tools (tool & cutter grinders, soldering stations and steel balls for bearings etc) I use.
I have refused to sell outside Australia because a few scammers claimed that they never received the goods I sent to them using slow (surface mail) on their insistence.
I have enough of fight with the one sided system that I just stop all overseas orders.

Just last month, I got over 15 of my ads removed by eBay for breach of policy.
I sell steel balls and I listed as one of the uses of those balls beside the obvious bearings duties, as sling shot ammo.
Well.. tis definitely a big sin I have committed!!
Now my bearings ads all listed with "these balls are not weapon, please do not use them as weapons" :bigsmyl2:
it seems to appease the powers that be in the ebay clueless brain.

-- just a shameless plug, please remove if it offends or breach the forum rules --
My ebay ID is gelandangan
If any of the member here see my eBay ads and want any of the item I sell there,
you will get 10% off everything .
The delivery cost is exactly as the Post office charge me, or you can see the Australian Post web site for delivery cost.

Tazman1602
02-11-2010, 07:16 PM

I hear that one. I used to sell a lot of "stuff" on ebay, specifically antique .22 shell boxes but my ads were always getting pulled because of ebay's communistic attitude towards anything firearms related.

I stopped selling altogether unless it's a big ticket item I want to move because the FEES got just outrageous.

For those sellers that do sell guns, ammo, etc, there is a site that is relatively new:

https://www.gunpal.net/

that I've been looking into if any of you sellers are interested. I *think* Bullshop now uses this payment service too but am not for sure.

You start stackin ebay fees, final value fees, paypal fees, etc and before you know it you are LOSING money.

The majority of the molds I've seen on ebay lately except for the one I just bought have gone for outrageous prices which is why I don't buy many there anymore...................

Art