PDA

View Full Version : At Peace at last

mold maker
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
At the age of 93, my Mom is no longer a captive of MS and Diabetes. After a 35 year fight with them, she was finally overcome by Cancer. We were able to attend her at home in her bed and make her last days comfortable.
Yesterday we buried her and for the first time I can remember, she wasn't wearing a smile.
Mom was a very gifted person in many fields. She baked elaborate wedding and birthday cakes, was an expert seamstress, and taught drapery making and interior decorating for 13 years. During this time, she made time, to be a wonderful loving Mother, Grandmother, and Great Grandmother.
My Grandson, Daughter, and I, held her hands, as she drew her last long breath, and departed this world to her rewards. I couldn't hear the angles singing, but I'm sure she was welcomed home by a tremendous choir.

Uncle Grinch
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM
My sympathies to you and your family. I've been there. Mom's are special.

Take care...

dubber123
02-08-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

DLCTEX
02-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Sounds as if she had a full rich life. My condolences for your loss. My mother passed at age 59, but had a full rich, blessed life and left a great legacy in her 10 children that now extends to great-great grandchildren.

Bret4207
02-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. A tough time, but it sounds like you have some real good memories.

cajun shooter
02-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Sorry for your loss!! It sounds as if heaven has a new teacher of the finer arts with them now.