PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for this forum

mack1
02-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I shot 150 boolits from my 686, no leading supurb accuracy only missed 6" target at 30 yards when I did something bad. I started casting last august so am very new to this addiction but wanted to thank you all for the great forum and all the information in it alittle time resurching here has saved me years of trial end error. thanks again.

Dutchman
02-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I like this forum because of the wide spectrum of experience it contains. And not just with bullet casting but with machine fabricating and handloading. I've been handloading 41 years but there are lots of guys here who've gone deeper into specific areas than I have so I get to learn much more in those areas.

I have a 6" 686-2 that I think is one of the best .357 magnum revolvers made. It would stand behind the Registered Magnum and probably the Model 27 as well. I don't think that snakey slithering thing has anything on the 686 except its tarted up more. In my younger days I owned 3 Model 28 with 6" barrels and loved it for the weight and accuracy. The Model 28 convinced me it was a waste of time to mess with anything lessor than a beefy .357.. though the Model 66 made a good belly gun with reduced loads.

I cast first for .38 Special using an ancient Lyman 357446 and then later 358156. I got outstanding accuracy with 358156 in the Model 28. Later I cast 35893 which was 125 grain pointed with a full caliber front band. Light but cut nice holes in paper and could be loaded quite fast in a heavy revolver.

Dutch

jhrosier
02-07-2010, 09:22 PM
This is the best place to learn about casting boolits and a lot of other things to boot!
I cast many years ago and gave up on it when I didn't get good results.
I came here and started learning that most of what I thought that I knew was wrong.
I have had very good results by learning from the thousands of years of collective knowledge here.
I have had way too many hours of enjoment reading about the special projects of the other forum members.
If I had a social life, this place would have interfered with it.;)

Jack

45nut
02-07-2010, 09:25 PM
If I had a social life, this place would have interfered with it.

Now that's funny!

Shiloh
02-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Centuries of combined knowledge on this sight.

Shiloh

wire nut
02-08-2010, 07:53 PM
I to want to thank ken and everyone else on this site. As you can see by my registration date and the no. of post that I have posted very little.
This is the first site that I check each day as I get on the computer. I have been taught a lot just by reading all the posts. Thanks wire nut

ghh3rd
02-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I stumbled onto this site while wondering if there was a way to "pour" 'bullets'. I had decided that I wanted to try reloading ammo, and since I was already pouring fishing sinkers, started wondering if anyone ever "poured" their own 'bullets' the same way :-)

Well, I sure wish I had gotten into casting boolits a long, long time ago. I was shocked to find out what's been going on out of sight in the background, while I was plucking down good money for inferior ammo. Reloading is great, but casting boolits is a fun, rewarding hobby in itself.

This forum has sure given me one heck of a kick start, although I still have tons of stuff to learn, and lots of experience to gather. It seems that everyone here wants the new guy to succeed.

Pass it on...