PDA

View Full Version : Lee TL356-124-2R in Glock 19?

TORCHrider
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Okay, I have decided to cast bullets for my 9mm pistols first and will go after the other calibers later. I have decided to go with the Lee TL356-124-2R mould first because I dont yet have a sizer/lubricator. I am sure I will be buying one sooner or later.

Does anyone have any experience with this bullet (unsized) in the Glock 19 with factory or aftermarket barrel? I know Glock says not to shoot lead bullets in the factory barrel, but I might try it and clean often to see how it works before buying an after market barrel.

I will also be shooting these bullets in a Kahr PM9 and a Sig P239, so if you have any experience with this bullet in those guns please chime in.

Oh, I should also add that I will likely be shooting straight WW or maybe a 75/25 WW and lead mix.

[smilie=s:

Nate1778
02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Not that exact bullet but the TL TC in the same weight. My Glock 19, both factory and aftermarket will only chamber a .356 bullet. I have tried and tried to get a .357 bullet in there and it ain't happening. Slow powders are working for me.

awaveritt
02-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I load that boolit in my CZ 75B over 3.5 grains Bullseye and it functions perfectly and is a good inexpensive plinking round. My two-banger drops them at .3565 and I shoot them un-sized. Since you state you're aware of the controversy with Glocks, I assume you've read the very helpful sticky on this forum. If not, its a good balanced discussion on the subject.

The Truth about Glocks and Cast:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=33855