PDA

View Full Version : Mold Handles

DeadWood
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
New to casting my own, I've came across many threads/posts referring to this. Could some one please educate me on what to look for if buying a mold new or used. I haven't understood some of my reading because lack of using the different molds.

So if buying a LEE/Lyman/NEI/etc..mold do i have to use there handles or do i have another option and what is that? Have read a thread were a member made "better" handles, but could only sell a certain amount, then i saw in the GB were a gentleman in Canada(?) was selling some.

Anything else i should now or look for?

Mk42gunner
02-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Basically, the Lee six cavity handles are cheaper than any of the others, and can be modified to fit several different manufacturer's molds.

Caster's tend to be cheap... um, I mean frugal people.

Robert

kbstenberg
02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Deadwood the groupby on the mold handles are the same one made by another member. They are excelent quality. He makes 5 models each one fits diferent molds. Some handles are able to fit multipal mold styles.

02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
DeadWood,

Lee 6-cavity handles fit Lyman moulds without any modification and will fit RCBS moulds with a bit of filing. They also fit Lee 6-cavity moulds.

largom
02-01-2010, 09:49 PM
The Lee 2 cavity molds come with handles attached. All other molds require seperate handles. The Lee 6 cavity handles do or can be made to fit most all other mold blocks.

Welcome aboard! Larry

DLCTEX
02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
The member is Red River Rick and he makes excellent mould handles at reasonable prices. His handles will out last you and your children. I use them and highly recommend them.
Just noticed a group by going on for Rick's handles under "Active Group Buys". Kal is the brand.