Bullshop
06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
sharpsshooter check your pm
BIC/BS

SharpsShooter
06-07-2006, 07:43 PM
sharpsshooter check your pm
BIC/BS

Uh I did...nothing new. Try again sir. If you have a new improved BP lube that is better than your #2. I gotta have some.

SS

Bullshop
06-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Great you saw my flare. If you get me your address I will get some to ya.
Maybe this will fix that problem with your roller.
BTW that aint no sharps in your avitar but it shure is a perty hepbern. Ugly as they are I realy like them.
BIC/BS

iowa
06-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Dan, I just joined this forum. Do you have a new BP lube formulation? Tells me (us) more about your thoughts on this. Your old customer steve witt, waterloo, Ia.

Bullshop
06-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Welcome Steve glad to have you with us. Thanks for sending us some business. Everybody seems to want the same thing Steve uses! Keep up the good work and good shooting.
Yes we are trying a new lube formula called nasa lube. Reason is we are borrowing technology developed by/for nasa for keeping things lubed under some rather harsh conditions.
Nasa lube uses some of the same ingrediance as #2 but with adjusted proportions. We have also added a water soluable lube also containing synthetic ester fibers. The improvment I am hoping for is the ability of the lube to hold any available moistier weather it be from humidity or from a blow tube. I think this should help to keep fouling soft and hopefully allow longer strings of shots without wiping. Also in fairly high humudity may eliminate the need for a blow tube.
There is another board member well verced in BP testing nasa lube and I think we should be getting a report soon.
Once again it is my honor and pleasure to welcome a dedicated profesional to our ranks. We just got even better!
BIC/BS

StarMetal
06-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Boy, ain't that something. I too am working a truely nasa outerspace special lube. This stuff, even if I mentioned the name, wouldn't ring a bell in many posters heads as a lubricant either. Mine will be for smokeless powder though.

When I get it developed I'll have to call it SpaceStar

Joe

montana_charlie
06-17-2006, 01:32 PM
I just discovered 2 cents in an old pair of jeans, and thought I'd throw it into a 'lube' discussion. I am not a 'lube designer', but all of the back and forth you see on the subject kinda tickles my interest from time to time.

I just read SharpShooter's report in the other thread...where the 'ability of a lube to draw moisture from the atmosphere' was talked about. That property prompted this 2 cents worth.

It became necessary (a couple years ago) to replace the air conditioner compressor in my swather. A local 'back yard mechanic' and I (after some education) managed to get it done.

During my 'education', I learned that the lubricating oil in air conditioning systems is very prone to absorb moisture from the air. You even have to take some precautions when handling it to reduce the possibility of that happening, as refrigerating systems need to be very dry.

Once a guy has a handful of beeswax, he starts looking for exciting stuff to melt into it. The more exotic sounding the oil is, the more likely it is that he'll consider using it.
Wouldn't be too surprising if a guy found his Nirvana by rendering earthworm tallow.

So...what about refrigerant oil?
CM

felix
06-17-2006, 01:52 PM
You can tell the brakes on a car are not up to snuff, right? It's like booze in that if you open the brake fluid can, the fluid becomes diluted from the atmoshpere moisture. Might be a good additive for BP lube. Never let a mechanic change out brakes and NOT use a brand new can. ... felix

montana_charlie
06-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Sorry...I probably should have left an indication that my 'question' is a rhetorical one...because it is unlikely that anyone can describe his experience with that particular oil in a bullet lube application.

But, when one gives another two cents, it would be reasonable to expect the recipient will just hold onto that until he collects enough to make a nickle.

So my question was intended to become a 'possibility' in the mind of someone when he starts considering untried oils.

As for utilizing the moisture absorbing properties of brake fluid...I have never heard it referred to as a lubricant, even though it may ease the movement of rubber seals, and keep them from drying out.

However, when a 'lube designer' as well-respected as Felix makes a statement like...

It's like booze in that if you open the brake fluid can, the fluid becomes diluted from the atmoshpere moisture. Might be a good additive for BP lube.
...who am I to argue?
CM

StarMetal
06-17-2006, 09:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken the newer silicone brakefluid is not at all like the previous ones. I don't believe it absorbs water.

Joe

KevMT
06-17-2006, 11:35 PM
If I'm not mistaken the newer silicone brakefluid is not at all like the previous ones. I don't believe it absorbs water.

Joe

On my company truck they just had to do over $1800 worth of brake work because someone put some sort of oil in the brake reservoir. I blame the Quicky oil change/service place that services our fleet. They were the only ones under the hood of the vehicle besides myself and I'm not THAT stupid. Although they deny it and their service record does not show that they added anything to the brakes. Jeesh, I guess that's the 102nd reason I don't / can't own a new personal truck.

Kev