PDA

View Full Version : Lubing a Star Lubrisizer

Bob J
01-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi Guys! Got my star several months ago and have noticed that it is starting to drag (friction) lately on the upstroke.... Feels a lot like it needs to be lubed....

Before I take it apart, I thought I would see if anyone has any experience here that they would be willing to share....;)

mtgrs737
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Both of mine work flawlessly. But I keep them well lubed with Mobil One 15w50 on all parts that slide or turn to the point of being drippy. I am an overluber though! LOL!

Cherokee
01-29-2010, 11:59 AM
If you don't have an instruction sheet, look in 2 places for little holes and drop some oil in the holes and put a little on the guide rod. Looking down on the sizer, you should see a hole on the lever housing and one on the top piston housing. No need to take it apart. I also lube the linkage parts with pins thru them. Newer ones my have more lube points, I don't know.

Fugowii
01-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Bob,

I do what the other folks do. Lube the linkages and those two holes with a drop of oil. I also give the shaft surfaces a light coat and anything else that's not painted or alum (and even that, LOL!). My Star is in the cellar and like most cellars gets quite humid in the summer so I have to keep it coated or it will rust up. Use a good quality oil,

wv109323
01-29-2010, 04:19 PM
I would add that before oiling I would wipe down the guide rod with some hoppes no.9 . It seems that an oiled machine collects dust while stored. No need to mix oil with the crud that gathers on the oiled surfaces. I do not use a cover while stored.

Bob J
01-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks guys! Will oil it up and see how it goes..... I use Mobile 1 on my dillon so will probably use that here as well.....:smile: