PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

runfiveswife
01-29-2010, 11:21 AM
How many of your wifes are involved in the process. Like the smelting,making of the boolits,reloading and the shooting. Not trying to start a fight just wondering out of curiousity thanks alice

winelover
01-29-2010, 11:43 AM
My wife only takes part in the disposal process, aka, pulling the trigger.[smilie=l:

Winelover:cbpour:

lurch
01-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Unfortunately, my wife holds a gun about like it's a dead skunk...

Bill*
01-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Not Here :sad:

MT Gianni
01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Mine has bought reloading equipment or supplies for birthdays if I circle the catalog item and leave it with specific instructions. She shoots but doesn't hunt.

Charlie Sometimes
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
No help here. :sad: Sometimes the kids (2 girls) help sorting and counting (busy work), but they aren't quite old enough to fully participate yet. :smile: Someday.....

snake river marksman
01-29-2010, 11:56 AM
She'll shoot some of them, but she isn't going to make any of them. I just asked her and she said she has no interest. She went hunting for the first time this year, killed an antelope and liked it, but has no interest beyond that.

RugerFan
01-29-2010, 11:58 AM
If my wife sees a wheel weight laying in the road, she will point it out to me. Thats about it. My kids will at least pick up ww they see and bring them to me. My wife is a very good sport, but doesn't take part in the shooting processes. On the other hand, she does help packaging game meat when I'm processing deer and hogs I've killed.

fishhawk
01-29-2010, 12:04 PM
mine leaves the reloading and casting to me. she does shoot and hunt and fishes to! went and married my hunting and fishing partner! the first moose hunt i had was one that took us both by surprise. out of the blue got a call from a resort owner in canada one day and asks if i was still interestid because he had a guy that couldn't get a partner for the 2 person hunt. i said yea but let me check with the wife and i will get back to him later that evening. wife said i hope you said yes? i told her i hadn't and i got called a idiot! call back right now and say yes! now she wants me to go for caribou! steve k

captain-03
01-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Have had the same one for 39 years ... she has tolerated my obsession for that long -- could not ask for nothing more!!

Recluse
01-29-2010, 12:16 PM
My wife enjoys shooting, will occasionally keep me company while I'm reloading, has an interest in casting, is a member of the NRA and TSRA, has her concealed handgun license, and could not possibly be a more supportive spouse when it comes to shooting and Second Amendment.

She's also equally supportive of my other passion, which is aviation. In addition, she's as crazy about dogs as I am. "Love me, love my dogs," is what I told her on our first date. Here's a pic of her and our Rottweiler from a few years ago.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/The1Recluse/Eva.jpg

What more could a man possibly ask for?

:coffee:

RayinNH
01-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Mine shoots a couple times a year, a Ruger Bearcat, we got it because she thought it was cute :rolleyes:...Ray

wiljen
01-29-2010, 12:58 PM
My wife is not nearly as involved as my daughter. Wife will occasionally pickup a pewter plate or a cheap toaster oven etc as she knows I use em, but she doesnt involve herself in making boolits.

lbaize3
01-29-2010, 01:17 PM
My wife not only shoots Cowboy Action with me, she has a concealed carry permit, helps me reload, cast and clean guns. She has evolved into a wonderful shot and a joy to hang around with at the range. She practices safe gun handling and makes a good teacher to friends' wives who have not been interested in shooting until Alice began helping them learn the basics. She can shoot a 44 mag like a trooper (sometimes talks like one, too) but prefers her 32-20 model 1873 revolvers and her Taurus 357 tracker to the other firearms at her disposal.

1Shirt
01-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Mine used to shoot when we shot black powder front stuffers. Hasn't shot or participated in many years. However she not only tolerates me and what I do, but encourages it. Wish she was still shooting, but will accept the reality.
1Shirt!:coffeecom

Freightman
01-29-2010, 01:33 PM
My wife is not opposed to guns in any manor! but she isn't a good shooter the only way a intruder is going to die if she is shooting at him is by accident or heart attack. He might lose something important as she tends to shoot at the chest area and hits the crotch area!

LAH
01-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Barbara is a supporter 100% but that's all.........Creeker

Dry Creek Bullet Works
Dry Creek Firewood

MtGun44
01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Wife helps get rid of the loaded ammo, is a really excellent shot, has killed a gemsbok,
but isn't really "into it" too much. Keeps a handgun handy around our rural property,
definitely knows how and is willing to use it if required. She'd rather do other stuff for
fun, accepts guns as useful tools.

lwknight
01-29-2010, 03:02 PM
My wife can shoot very well but doesn't care anything for it. She could not care less about reloading and boolit casting.

monadnock#5
01-29-2010, 03:16 PM
My wife will go shooting with me, if I drag her kicking and screaming! We have fun once we get there though, as I'm very careful to instruct only when asked. She knows how to handle a gun well enough in all safety aspects that I don't have to watch her like a hawk. She's only good for twice a year though. She doesn't help with the casting or reloading, but I'm here to tell you, when it comes to scrounging lead and brass at the range the woman is a veritable bloodhound! She would rather scrounge than shoot! I'll keep on working on getting her to the range more often, but you'll hear no complaints from me.

Oldtimer
01-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Mine loves to shoot her S&W mod 60, has her CCW permit, but lets me do all the casting, and case stuffing. Bob

Cherokee
01-29-2010, 06:35 PM
My wife went shootng with me before we got married, not after. But for 47 years she has not objected to casting, reloading, shooting. Doesn't like the smell of "smelting" WW's tho....

gray wolf
01-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Well now take my wife--no don't you dare.
She Say's things like--Hun we don't have enough ammo. Loves to go to the gun store.
Butchers the game after I clean and gut it. When she gets tired I take over.
She found my H&G # 68 4 banger for 40 bucks after I walked by it. Got my Iron for the sizer hot plate for a dollar in a yard sale. Has her own mini 30, 40 Beretta 96, 32 ACP Tomcat,
and her own 10/22 target rifle, Knows the difference between Stainless, blued and rust.
Shoots as good as I do ( that' a fact ) and I ain't no duffer. Thinks cammo pants and a watch cap is go to church attire and don't own no shoe polish.
Has her own version of a K-bar fighting knife. Loves to hunt and when we met she had more fishing gear than I had. Oh did I say she has her own very old Browning A-5 12 gage.
Likes to do things and don't mind saying screw off I can do it myself.
Loves the dog and the new one. Is a love mate and a help mate.
Never Say's the words I want--I need--I wish I had or by me take me give me.
No-- I do the reloading --she does the disturbing. Loves to watch me make bullet lube on the stove. I always clean up and respect her for sharing with me and me with her.
Clean her guns ???---Um--I think she is holding off till they make a gun cleaner that Say's
--------------------------------------FOR WOMEN ONLY-------------------------
She helps me render Bear fat and Deer tallow, and goes to the Jon with the Midway catalog
if she can't find the one from Dixie gun works.

And best of all she thinks I am cute and loves me and I her--did I say puts up with me.

AND NO YOU WONT FIND HER ON THE PAY IT FOWORD OR SWAPPIN AND SELLIN.

Thank's men I enjoyed braggin her up.

leadeye
01-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Mine shoots and hunts with me and keeps an eye out for any scrap that I might be able to melt down. She never was interested in the actual casting or reloading. She is a crackerjack seamstress though, keeps us in clothes and blankets.:smile:

Ed Barrett
01-29-2010, 08:19 PM
My wife doesn't hunt anymore but likes to shoot, she thinks my 40S&W is hers, It's bad enough she has taken over my 35 Remington 336. She doesn't reload but doesn't complain about me buying stuff for my hobby, thinks it's better than drinking.

GOPHER SLAYER
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
My wife would go shooting with me when we were younger but has not done so in many years. The tragidy is , she is one of those people who are natural born pistol shots while the rest of us have to learn. As for helping me with reloading, forget it. We were visiting family back in Southeast Mo. back in 1961 and I took her to shoot from a bridge over this small ditch. There was a small fish that would come to the surface , take a breath and submerge. You only had a split second to see one, aim and shoot. I stood on the bottom rail of the bridge locked my knees on the top rail and tried to shoot them as they came up. I didn't get many and the way you knew you scored is, they rolled over on thier back and sank. There as never been a shooting gallery or video game that could compare to it. I looked at my wife and said, isn't this fun and she said, how much longer are we going to be here? I said ,get in the car. That bridge, by the way was used to film the first scene of the movie,How The West Was Won. I described in another thread how I got Debbie Reynolds autograph on the same bridge. I have a picture of my better half taken that day if I can just get on this thread. Be right back.

BD
01-29-2010, 08:24 PM
My wife doesn't care much about rifles, but she's up for a couple hundred rounds of .45acp most any time. She's the dark haired sweet heart in the background between me and Fred. She'd never walk past a piece of brass on the ground without checking it out. She's helped me set up more than one reloading room, but doesn't care about the process much. Doesn't hunt, but I wouldn't advise coming around at all if she's mad at you. Mostly she thinks I'm a little too carried away with the whole casting/reloading/shooting thing. She sewed me up a brass catcher for the .450B this week.

I eat better than anyone I've ever met, including millionaires, and that's no lie. I've had unforgettable meals even when all I brought home was a rabbit.

The big thing is that I love her, she loves me most of the time, and she's put up with me for 25 years through thick and thin, ( some was mighty thin and at times I've been pretty darn thick). That's really all that matters.

BD

Tazman1602
01-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Wife of 29 years goes hunting and shooting with me whenever I go, is a pretty good shot with revolver and semi. She will shoot the bigger stuff but doesn't like it much. With her S&W .38 revolver if you're an intruder and you're running you'll just die tired.

As far as actually casting and reloading she will come down and sit with me when I'm casting and loading, is familiar with all the tools, keeps an eye out for deals for me when we are at gunshows, etc, but as far as casting bullets and reloading goes she doesn't do much with it. She is familiar with procedures and could get by if I died just like I could with some of the stuff she does.

Only thing she won't do is to join a "Sportsmens" Club with me and go to shoots. Seems the "good ole boys" always relegate the girls to cookin or some other "womanly" endeavor and that just ticks her off to no end. She's the only girl in a family of six, has five brothers and would rather do "guy" stuff although she does like girl stuff too, but she will not be "un-included" or given "female" tasks because she's female. She don't take no cr*p from no men either.

She outshoots most of my male friends with her rifle but she cheats because I load her ammo...................

Carp. OK she's shot more, bigger deer than I have too..............and can gut a deer a lot faster than I can too after she smiles when cutting off his, ah, you know..............................rymes with "walls"

Beekeeper
01-29-2010, 09:11 PM
#1 Wife,
My Bride of 52 years is A japaneese lady who grew up in war time Japan.
Since coming to the US 50 yaers ago she has tolerated my addictions to Camping, Fishing, Hunting, and Guns.
I have a home defence gun by every door and one on the night stand.
She will clean around them and tell me they need to be cleaned but will not handle them.
It stems from when she was a young girl and had to train for the war. She lost friends and watched the "A" bomb over Nagasaki.

She understands the need and I think if the moment required it would use one but normally refuses.

That said she has never said no when I wanted to buy a new one and on a couple of ocasions has even told me to stop at the store or go back and get the gun I wanted.

Jim

SharpsShooter
01-29-2010, 09:37 PM
When we first got together my wife loved to shoot my 1911. Then my dipstick brother handed her a 44 mag with full house loads. One shot and she was done with guns for about 8-9 years. I traded into a 22 revolver and she wanted to try it. After the first two cylinder, I knew my 22 ammo stash was gonna need replenishing in short order. Now its "her" gun. She has bought shooting items I needed and does not complain .

SS

Gunfixer
01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
When I met my now wife 17 yrs ago, she did not shoot or hunt. Now she cant get enough. Still learning the shotgun but if you are a deer or pig and she can see you either a 50gr 223 or a 120gr 6.5x55 bullet is in your head. And look out when she's got her 686. She worked in a gun shop so she knows deals when she see's them. She doesn't do the reloading or casting but that's OK, we have a lot of fun emptying cases.

geargnasher
01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
My wife has been around shooting, reloading, and casting all her life but liked to "be around it" more than do it. I'm aiming to get her more involved, especially since she is one of the rare young women these days who has chosen homemaking as a career and IS our home security system most of the time.

She should be joining the forum tonight, I'll mention this thread to her and maybe she can give you her own words.

Gear

Mrs.Geargnasher
01-30-2010, 02:22 AM
My wife has been around shooting, reloading, and casting all her life but liked to "be around it" more than do it. I'm aiming to get her more involved, especially since she is one of the rare young women these days who has chosen homemaking as a career and IS our home security system most of the time.

She should be joining the forum tonight, I'll mention this thread to her and maybe she can give you her own words.

Gear

Yeah, I grew up around guns and the whole reloading process, both shotgun and bullets. However most of that experience was playing with the contents of the brass tumblers that my dad had in the gun room/shop. I do have an interest in it but to be honest I'd rather leave the reloading up to my husband. I admit that I am very A.D.D so it's probably best to leave that kind of stuff up to him since there is a lot of shiny things involved....

Howeeeeever, I would like to shoot more. -insert hint to her husband for her own handgun here-

Recluse
01-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Well here's a warm welcome to a fellow Texas shooter who is one half of a husband-wife shooting duo.

I reckon your husband will now get the hint about you having your own handgun. If not, he's remiss in his duties as a certified, bonafide redneck Texas husband.

Hell, I gave my wife a gun and a German Shepherd in lieu of an engagement ring when I proposed to her--and we've been happily married for many years since.

:coffee:

wiersy111
01-30-2010, 03:15 AM
I married my wife 19 years ago in Germany, she had no exposure to guns let alone reloading and casting. She has really taken a liking to shooting, she likes to sit down on the bench at the local range and shoot smiley faces with her 7mm mag. She has become a very good shot. She hasn't showed any interest in the loading though, I just started casting and she does show a little interest in that but probably just because she knows how much bullets cost. Not to bad going from German city girl to a shooting, hunting, fishing, gun toting redneck woman that loves camo.

Bret4207
01-30-2010, 08:43 AM
My wife enjoys shooting a little, but that's about it. She goes in spurts, right now it's dog training, for a while it was herbs, then spinning, then painting, then....whatever makes her happy. At the moment I'm just happy she's watching dog shows instead of those freakin' home decorating shows!

Taylor
01-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Mine helps as far as letting me spend money,likes guns,does't shoot.She see's it as cheaper than motorcycle parts,and as an investment--she can sell them should the need arise.I got lucky,she likes fishing and the outdoors,guns,motorcycles,beer and John Wayne.

BBA
01-30-2010, 09:23 AM
My wife has enjoyed shooting when I can bribe her to go with me to the range. After she's there, she has alot of fun. She sweet talks others out of their used brass. She a good sport and puts up with our sons and myself and our shooting addiction. She has wanted to get her CCW but cancer has put a big damper on the things she likes to do.

BruceB
01-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Deteriorating vision has pretty-much ended my Karen's shooting, BUT....

She didn't shoot at the time we met, but became an extremely good shot by the time we married (she was 19). She later became the Canadian Ladies' Pistol Champion and shot on the National Shooting Team for some years. If the team had had more funding, she would have gone to the Seoul Olympics, but hard choices had to be made and the ladies were left at home.

She never does anything related to handloading, but has bought me more seriously-superb goodies than I can remember. Also hunted with me a great deal....I've seen her literally up to her knees in blood (BIG bison) and she never turned a hair. Same thing for some desperately-dangerous episodes during our times; she simply did what needed doing.

RobS
01-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Supportive of my addiction, God bless her, my wife enjoys shooting although she is just beginning out. She likes the revolvers, lever action, and pump shotguns and is a natural with a shotgun. She likes the idea of a semi auto pistol, but due to the weight of the large frame revolver she can shoot the target loads much easier than the 45 auto; a bit too snappy of recoil with the lighter framed 45 ACP.

Reloading, smelting, casting etc. is something that I do and she doesn't have much interest right now as it is something yet to add to her already full plate. She did mention that she would like to have more time to learn about it all, but for now she is perfectly happy going out and shooting things up at the range. I just like the fact that she's happy shooting, can find a release in it and is actually a pretty good shot to boot.

Down South
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
My wife hates guns, casting, reloading and anything else that involves shooting. As much as I have tried to get her interested, she refuses. She does come out to the shop and visit form time to time when I'm reloading or casting.

TCLouis
01-30-2010, 04:13 PM
My wife is actively involved . . .
She lives in the same house as I do, and that is as close as she gets to any of it.
Oh wait, she does eat anything I should bag afield.

She will begrudgingly fire a couple of cylinders full into a target each year.
Good enough for minute of burglar each time!

At least she does not hate or fear guns, shooting and such.

geargnasher
01-31-2010, 05:14 AM
How many of your wifes are involved in the process. Like the smelting,making of the boolits,reloading and the shooting. Not trying to start a fight just wondering out of curiousity thanks alice

Ok, now I'm wondering. Do you? If you do it looks like you might be about the only one!

Gear

Tazman1602
01-31-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote from your wife:

"Howeeeeever, I would like to shoot more. -insert hint to her husband for her own handgun here"

GOOD LORD MAN get on it!!! LOL!

Art

Gear

Tazman1602
01-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Hey Alice,

I've talked to you a couple of times in chat and just wondered if you were involved with the casting and reloading aspect of this sport?

I posted that one problem for my wife with shooting clubs, gun clubs, etc (she IS a hunter/shooter too but we have a deal on casting/reloading) is every time I find a club to shoot at it seems the "good ole boys" want to immediately relegate the girls to doing what they deem "womanly" stuff -- ie cooking the meals, cleaning up, etc and she would really rather be included in the shooting more than what she did the most of while our kids were growing up. She usually has some choice words for those old boys and as a result we don't go back as she's my hunting partner.

Just wonder if you run into much of the same at gun clubs if you guys (you and hubby) have ever tried one out???

Art

dale2242
01-31-2010, 09:29 AM
I have been married to my wife 46 yrs. She never shot until she met me. Loves to hunt bucks and has killed as many as most men. She does not reload now, but did all the shot shell loading when we shot trap. Loading a case of 12 ga a week. We were match directors at the local range for IHMSA and put on several state championships. BTW, she was Oregon state Unlimited Champion in 1985. Beat out 7 men in the shoot off. She does NOT cast or shoot black powder. She will shoot with us once in a while and can show most male shooters a thing or two. Her favorite gun is my 1911.......dale

RP
01-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Mine dont care anything about it as long as the bills get paid and I dont neleget my chores alot all is well in reloading shooting and hunting land. My boys are slowly starting to reload some because I wont do it for them anymore told them yea reload or buy but iam not supporting your habit anymore.

runfiveswife
01-31-2010, 11:36 AM
well to answer your questions guys yes i am involved in the whole thing including shooting. I love to do it all i dont reload unless lamar is home but yes i do help with it all. guess i am the only one thanks for answering my question i must be the only weird one on here. lol

The guys at the gun club here do not do that to me they include me in the shooting and then if there is a special event going on i do help cook but they always come over and get me when it is my turn to shoot i guess i am lucky in that aspect.

thanks for asking. And thanks for all of your imput

oh and a after thought i have shot on trap shooting teams with lamar and with myself only won once but that was good enough for me. i was proud that i could even hit the clay pigeon.

mooman76
01-31-2010, 11:42 AM
I tried to trick my wife into helping saying it was good exersize for the arms but she didn't by that. She used to go shooting with me occationally but I can't seem to get her to go any more even though she says she still wants too.

runfiverun
01-31-2010, 12:09 PM
well, i guess i don't get to answer.

Wayne Smith
01-31-2010, 12:14 PM
LOML is as good if not a better shot than I am but sees it as a utilitarian thing, not a fun thing. She is amazingly tolerant of my loading and casting mess and the gun room.

I, too, am ADHD and, with glacoma, was unable to take stimulant medication for years. Just got on a new non-stimulant med so, next vacation I stay home, there will be some serious cleaning.

She is a Scot and has those values - thus she appreciates the cost savings of casting and loading.

Bass Ackward
01-31-2010, 12:34 PM
This qualifies as a trick question cause the answer really depends on a technicality.

My wife is one of those crafting types that just loves making something from something else. So .... she will mold or load if you let it be on her schedule. Problem is that it isn't anything that you can rely on not to let you down. And it's another thing that you have to rely on communication from her which is like waiting for the second coming.

Everything is the same though that she does. Complain about being hungry and wanting lunch and I get hot dogs. Wait'll she gets hungry and get a nice meal.

When we hit our 20th wedding anniversary she asked me what I wanted. I told here I wanted to hear and feel the rumble of a Harley again. Did I get it? Yes. In a snow globe that when you shake it the head light comes on and it goes varoom, varoom.

Yesterday was our 25th and this was a big deal to her. She is in need of a new car and loves the new Camaro ever since she took the grand kids to see Transformers. She said to me in that non-communicative, female logic that she wanted something in white with lots of chrome and it had to go to 160 really fast. (She wanted the V8.) I used her logic and she got a bathroom scale. (fastest thing to 160 on this planet anyway.)

Gonna be hot dogs for quite some time I recon. So yea she will mold. Yea she will load her stuff .... sometimes. Just not reliable enough to answer yes for me.

felix
01-31-2010, 12:59 PM
John, I like it!!!! Same here about meals. I get left-overs or cereal when it's normal meal time for me. When she needs to eat, she fixes the fixings her diabetic way. I'm lucky to get a pie, for example. Thanksgiving and Christmas meals are 5-star grade, including made from scratch pies. She KNOWS how to make pies from total scratch, cook game, etc., having grown up with imported parents (Polish). ... felix

KY_Camper
01-31-2010, 01:09 PM
While my wife supports my habits, the only part she participates in is the shooting. She says we don't do enough of that (and I agree)! She usually outshoots me since we figured out that she is left eye dominate (she is right handed). Nothing new about that, though. When we go fishing she out fishes me too. She is one of the few women I know that will not only catch fish, but will clean and cook them as well! :-P

Echo
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Sweet Ol' Carole tolerates my shooting habits, and has actually participated in the Senior Olys, but isn't enthusiastic, and is out of shooting for good, I fear. I believe she is glad to get me out from underfoot when I go out into the reloading room, or go off shooting or whatever...

Char-Gar
01-31-2010, 01:39 PM
The wife doesn't complain about what I do, but she also does not watch, help or shoot.

Lead Fred
01-31-2010, 02:37 PM
My wife comes from a place with no guns. So she shys away from them. Because all my fiends have them, she isnt afraid of them any more.

Except for her once a year SKS outing, she stays in the house and far away from all this stuff.

But she understands the need to have this, and backs that 100%

gray wolf
01-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Gonna be hot dogs for quite some time I recon. So yea she will mold. Yea she will load her stuff .... sometimes. Just not reliable enough to answer yes for me. __________________

I new a women like that once---got her flash cards--taught her how to hold them up.
You know
----YES----PERHAPS-----COULD BE------NO-----NOT NOW I AM BUSSY-----
hey she cought on in about a week or two.

geargnasher
01-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes indeed, Tazman, I'm on it. I got really lucky when she found me. She's a female for sure, but one of the very few I've ever met that came with instructions. In English. Right nice, no flash cards required, just a set of open ears on my part.

Sure wish somebody would come out with a true "small frame" 6-shot .32 Federal Magnum revolver with about a 4" barrel, I'd love to buy her one of those.

Gear

Mrs.Geargnasher
01-31-2010, 04:19 PM
Well here's a warm welcome to a fellow Texas shooter who is one half of a husband-wife shooting duo.

:D Thanks.

crabo
01-31-2010, 07:13 PM
My wife is a supporter of my addictions. They flop back and forth between guitars and guns. I'm a bass player. She says that the guns and guitars are my girlfriends. They come and they go, but she is my wife and she stays.

She used to shoot steel with me back a number of years ago. She got good enough to beat about 1/3 of the guys in the match. She didn't really care about it, just didn't want to spend all that time without doing anything. She still likes to shoot 22 pistols and my 357, but has no interest in reloading or casting. Shooting a shotgun makes no sense to her, probably has someting to do with the math.

When I hurt my back and wanted to shoot, she hauled all the gear and me to the range. I hobbeled out to the firing line, and she set out targets and changed them out for me. When it was time to go, she packed up and hauled us back to the house.

When we deer hunt, she doesn't want to shoot, but will participate in drives and cleaning of the deer.

She supports the shooting sports in our house, but thinks it borders on the obsessive at times.

runfiveswife
02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
lamar you can answer correct me if i got anything wrong lol

The Double D
02-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I have been married to my wife 46 yrs. She never shot until she met me. Loves to hunt bucks and has killed as many as most men. She does not reload now, but did all the shot shell loading when we shot trap. Loading a case of 12 ga a week. We were match directors at the local range for IHMSA and put on several state championships. BTW, she was Oregon state Unlimited Champion in 1985. Beat out 7 men in the shoot off. She does NOT cast or shoot black powder. She will shoot with us once in a while and can show most male shooters a thing or two. Her favorite gun is my 1911.......dale

Dale you been whale fishing lately!

The Double D
02-01-2010, 11:50 AM

Alice,

To Answer your question.

One day I went to get a clean pair of socks and when I opened the sock drawer, there weren't any. She was in the other room and I yelled to her, "hey where are my clean socks?" She answered, "think they are out by my empty K-Hornet cases."

I got the messege. I keep her K-hornet case full and always have clean socks.

http://www.fototime.com/11208ADB5D48413/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/D02C7C90E206240/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/E51613E8C1B3407/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/FE162475D292449/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/B6CCD6DB32774E5/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/53F5C10A1A9C093/standard.jpg

She is my most favorite hunting partner of 44 years. Only slightly ahead of my granddaughter.

gray wolf
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Very nice,
Not much to add to that---best wishes for you and all the rest of the boy's and girls.
This has been a nice thread so far.

Jon
02-01-2010, 01:21 PM
My wife goes shooting with me once in awhile. That's about all I've been able to get her to help with so far. I'm hoping that she'll be interested in more eventually.

Leadforbrains
02-01-2010, 09:36 PM
My wife has no interest whatsoever. She thinks I am looney.

BOOM BOOM
02-03-2010, 08:00 PM
HI,
She tolerates me doing it. AS LONG AS I DO NOT STINK UP THE HOUSE !

collyer
02-13-2010, 01:59 AM
My wife enjoys shooting. She does not help with any of the loading or cleaning of the guns. But I don,t do dishes, laundry, clean house, shopping and many other things. I say this is not to bad of a deal for me.

DLCTEX
02-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Mrs. Geargnasher: Welcome from another fellow Texan, a pleasure to have you join the forum.
Now as to my wife. She doesn't load but does shoot some and is a good pistol shot. She likes my 38 so it now is officially hers. She didn't have much choice but to be accepting of shooting since she married me and mothered 5 sons who love shooting as much as I do. She doesn't clean game, but does help with deer processing, and has helped with butchering livestock and birds as long as I do the "stinky" part. She likes fishing and we went fishing together a lot until we moved to the Texas Panhandle where fishing opportunities are scarce. She lovingly cooked all the game our boys brought home and took our son Dave hunting when he was too young to go by himself and I was tied up working. She has been putting up with me for 44 years, and has bought me reloading equip. for birthdays and Christmas. I think I'll keep her a while longer. DALE

Kraschenbirn
02-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Mine doesn't shoot as much as she once did but still, occasionally, keeps me company when go to the Danville range and, when she does, packs along the same old 4" Diamondback .38 I bought her thirty-some years ago...just to keep her her hand in, she says. Actually, though, she's suggested several times in the last year or so that we join the trap & skeet club about ten miles down the road...neither of us has shot clay birds for years but the club does have a 25-yard pistol range.

Bill