PDA

View Full Version : Cooked-done-Stick a fork in me.

gray wolf
01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
I put this here because I wanted to make sure the boy's saw it.
Well as you can see by my avatar the old homestead is not that big. My wife and I manage to not step on each other and Ashly our Malamute (85 pounds) two years old is not to hard to see--so stepping over her is OK as Long as it's not to early in the day or the middle of the night. After two years with the dog we are pretty much used to the routine.
BUT--I made a BIG mistake about a month ago--I SAID--you know Hun the dog looks lonely, being such a pack animal she just seems sad :( . I mean look at her
she looks like she needs more attention.
You guy's want to guess what direction this is going? [smilie=1:
Well the wife took it to mean--you guessed it--ANOTHER DOG :Fire:
So I tried this--but Hun we raw feed and there isn't enough Deer meet now :roll:
She Say's well buanna I guess you got to become a better hunter.
I say but Hun--I am 68 years old girl--I think I am at my peek Eh.
But Hun there just isn't enough room in here--
She Say's I'll move stuff around 8-) Around to ware outside ?
Well we talked about it and you guy's would have been proud, I stomped my foot, said I would sleep in the truck, didn't talk to her for hours, moped around the house, and even refused to eat my dinner.
Well guess what boy's I lost big time
So she gets on the puter like a hound on the hunt [smilie=2:
And there I am looking at doggy Pics. and trying to be cool 8-)
Long story short she sees this Labra-doodle that needs a home, 12 weeks old.
Now I thought I had her--she Say's $75.00 AH Ha I say we got no money you know we live on my small as in very small fixed income. Now my chest is out and I am the Man. She Say's don't you have some silver eagles that you were saving?
Chest goes in --head go's down- Um I don't even remember what I did with those things---DING--DING---DING I do ! there in your top draw, with your socks,
and tee shirts, next to your pistol and your reloading books, you know the books next to the box of primers.
OH that draw--So she calls the people and what you know--Oh sure we will take three silver Eagles for the pup. :roll:
So off we go to New Hampshire and now I got another dog. she is a little black bundle and she sure is part lab. I got here chasing a Partridge skin already and her and Ashly are playing up a storm. Ashly is happy--The wife one, and I got a new friend. :grin:
I guess the women know what we need---sometimes.
This little pup is all over me, she really is digin her new home--she sleeps next to me.
So I got to take smaller steps and watch ware my feet go and eat a little less
Ain't so bad--I think we are all going to get through it just fine.
Didn't need the Silver Eagles anyway. Well they were for my new Lee pot but Oh well.
Hey I just wanted to share how I lost the battle --But men I won the war.
Now I got two fur kids that lick my face.
I am teaching them to pull the handle on my press--does that mean it's ok to post it?

jhrosier
01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
gray wolf,

Never let a dawg guard yer lunch.....or a woman guard yer money.
Bet you knew that all along.

Jack

Typecaster
01-26-2010, 08:17 PM
"Now I got two fur kids that lick my face."

Yeah, and I'll bet your wife is equally demonstrative. Congratulations, that looks like a real cutie.

I was afraid you were going to have to get rid of all your casting/reloading stuff…

Richard

NSP64
01-26-2010, 08:24 PM
LOL! I know how you feel. I brought both our dogs home to be my dogs and SWMBO corrupted both of them. They're her dogs now.;-)

MtGun44
01-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Congratulations on your new family member!

Bill

Baron von Trollwhack
01-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Heck ! My dog's name is SWMBO. Vizla's are bossy too ! BvT

Three-Fifty-Seven
01-27-2010, 08:31 AM
+1 on feeding raw!

We only got one dog, got for my wife, but I get to enjoy it too . . . whenever it is time for a walk or cleaning the yard, I say "Your dog"!

Wayne Smith
01-27-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm laughing reading this as I sit here petting the owner of the house, the cat who owns us. The last of the three who owned us. We are resisting getting another.

Greywolf, teach that dog to hunt!

44man
01-27-2010, 09:14 AM
I can't say a thing, my little girl is sitting here begging for goodies! :-P

SPRINGFIELDM141972
01-27-2010, 11:52 AM
gray wolf,

Never let a dawg guard yer lunch.....or a woman guard yer money.
Bet you knew that all along.

Jack

Now that's funny.

I am in awe of the wisdom and nurturing that is part of this sight.:wink:

Everett

Doc Highwall
01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
"Dogs have owners and Cats have staff." I have four cats right now and they sure have their way around here.

Springfield
01-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Four cats, a beagle and a hamster. One cat is asleep on my bed, one is on the couch watching me sew holsters, one on top of the piano, and don't know where the fourth one is. The dog is locked up in her "area" as she can't be trusted to not chew everything in sight.

9.3X62AL
01-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Cute little gal, for sure! Marie wants to know your new friend's name.

Now, I'm just a working stiff here, not a part of management........but I would say that any kind of dog or cat story/pic is welcome here.

oldhickory
01-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Good lookin pair you have there![smilie=s:

Geraldo
01-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Don't even ask me how much a top end Lab pup goes for these days...

My wife is all excited that the new pup (we currently have two adult labs) will be here next week.

All things considered, having a wife that likes hunting dogs isn't a bad thing :)

Doc Highwall
01-27-2010, 04:06 PM
The four cats that have me and the wife right now are indoor cats only, but before them the cats were inside/outside cats and still spoiled rotten. Here is a picture of the "Cat House" that I built out of scrap wood so they would have a place to go when the wife and I were at work. No it is not air condition either, even I have my limits

gray wolf
01-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Great job on the house--are you a contractor?

Well the Malamute will show up if you call Ashly and the new girl comes a running if you call out Sophia--if she is hungry Sof or Sophie.
I can't believe how smart this little pup is. 12 weeks--knows her name--sits--knows what fingers she likes to chew on. When I give her a treat I make a little gurgle sound with my throat and then give her the cookie. Three time and she comes now to the sound.
The full blood Mal.--Ashly is so smart she is scary--But she has selective hearing.
Almost cat like--God Bless my wife she just loves animals--Her dad was a farmer and she grew up with cows, chickens and horses. She hunts,shoots,and puts up with me in our little cabin. But she wont pull the handle on the ammo press--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------YET. HA,HA,Ha, I love it.