PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to RCBS

Greg in Malad
01-23-2010, 07:52 PM
This may get long winded. About 2 years ago I bought a 7mm-145-sil mold, the driving band was casting .283 and the nose was .281. Needless to say it wouldn't work. I returned it and received one that cast .284 driving bands and a .281 nose. The nose was too big to chamber without using a hammer, and I wont hammer on a rifle. So I waited until last Sept. to return it, then I forgot about it. Last week RCBS called to say they had sent a new mold, but it was the wrong one. She explained that when the new shipment arrived she grabbed one off the shelf without knowing they had one with a smaller nose diameter for me. So now I had 2 molds being sent, and to keep both of them. I offered to return one, but was told they are so busy they didn't want to bother with it. So now I have an extra mold. I cast samples with both of them today. One measures .285 driving bands and a .278 nose, and fits my Remington perfectly. The other measures .2865 bands and a .2795 nose. It takes a little effort to close the bolt, but it fits. It should be no suprise that my next mold will be a RCBS. The fact that they looked for one with a smaller nose is more than most companies would do.

That'll Do
01-23-2010, 10:24 PM
If only there were more companies that provided customer service like RCBS. I own two molds and some other reloading equipment from them, and I am 100% satisfied.