PDA

View Full Version : Resultz with the 35 Cal. 180 RNFP GC

TCLouis
06-03-2006, 12:38 AM
in the 357 Herrett or Max . . . Heck. even the mag.

What worked and how did it perform at 50 and 100 yards.
How about on game!

Your stories/successes are things I want to read about!

Glen
06-03-2006, 09:13 AM
The 180 grain WFN-GC is an excellent bullet for the .357 Maximum. From a 7 1/2" Ruger, you can safely drive it 1600 fps, and get very good accuracy (4227 is my favorite powder for this case). It shoots surprisingly flat, and it hits hard (heck it's got almost as much meplat as Elmer Keith put on his .44 SWC!). The one thing you need to look out for is that this bullet comes right up to the front of the Ruger's cylinder, so it needs to be seated all the way into the case, and then firmly crimped in place to avoid tying up the gun.

Also, I've gotten better accuracy when these bullets are cast fairly hard (water quenched WW alloy is dandy), and sized .357" (my Ruger has tight throats).

Slowpoke
06-05-2006, 01:53 AM
in the 357 Herrett or Max . . . Heck. even the mag.

What worked and how did it perform at 50 and 100 yards.
How about on game!

Your stories/successes are things I want to read about!

Me and the LBT version go way back. Its my favorite bullet.

Out of the Mag case it is a excellent 100 yard bullet when fired out of a Win 94 or a TC pistole.

I have killed Coues Whitetail, one cougar, Javelina , coyotes, bobcats, fox, badger, Coati mundies, Jackrabbits, etc. with that bullet from 5 yrds to close to 200yrds.

I always used # 9 or one of its variants and either the CCI 450 or the WSRM with the Win or Fed case.

The TC had the typical long factory throat but it handled that bullet extremely well, seated normal and crimped, I say had because a couple years ago I had it chambered to the Max case, it still handles that bullet extremely well.

Good luck