PDA

View Full Version : Lube from Larsen's Gun Works

johnho
04-27-2005, 08:52 PM
anyone have any experience with this lube? He says it's 50/50 alox/beeswax and is selling at a good price. I saw it on Ebay and went to his web site.

45nut
04-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Got the link to his website? I "googled" the name and got nowhere in page after page.

johnho
04-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Sure, it's www.lsstuff.com

Cayoot
04-27-2005, 10:56 PM
I've seen these on ebay also. I have bid on them, but I always get out bidded. Now I see that it is much cheaper to buy them direct from him than on ebay....1/2 to 1/3 the price.

I'm gonna try it.

trooperdan
04-27-2005, 11:07 PM
No mention of where he is located. Looks like he is going to have a custom run of big-bore dies made also; probalby from Lee as the price is under $90 for the bigg'uns. Good enough price on the lube to give it a try, for sure, buck a stick.

lar45
04-29-2005, 02:24 AM
Hi guys this is me. I'm lar45 on ebay. I started a new handle as whitelabellube to sell the lube.
This is bee's wax from Mr. Williams and Alox 350 from Lubrizol.
I'll be getting in some 1" clear plastic tubes with end caps in a couple of weeks to put the lube in. Until then it's in zip lock baggies.

If anyone wants a sample, just email me at idahobronco@aol.com

I put extra lube in your box Cayoot. I also sent some FWFL from the big batch. Didn't know if you had any.
I'm not selling FWFL, just for clarification.

I tested this in my 35 whelen, needed more velocity than the 454 would give me, with plain based bullets next to Javalina, Lee, FWFL and another one, don't remember right now. It held out to the same velocity as Javalina And LEE but FWFL went to higher speeds before it started to show some gray wash.

What I've been thinking is that if I could get an online store going and a small chunk of change in the bank, that I could offer to do the custom mold runs and order 100 to get the dealer price break. Then we wouldn't have to pay $50 anymore. I'm not looking to put a monopoly on the mold runs or make bank off of the group. We could do the group buy as usual, but at a cheaper price, then I could put the extras up on my site at the regular price for anybody else.

Willbird
04-29-2005, 06:45 AM
75 molds might take awile to move, but on the other hand a cheaper price would induce me to maybe buy (2) of each instead of (1) .

Bill

Cayoot
04-29-2005, 08:03 AM
I put extra lube in your box Cayoot. I also sent some FWFL from the big batch. Didn't know if you had any.
I'm not selling FWFL, just for clarification.

Lar45,
Thank you, that was really kind of you!
I've never tried FWFL, but I have been wanting too!

I think your idea of an on-line store is a great one. I have been working towards a similar goal, but with a different product.

I can't be sure until I try your product, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be a regular customer!

lar45
04-29-2005, 02:22 PM
75 molds might take awile to move, but on the other hand a cheaper price would induce me to maybe buy (2) of each instead of (1) .

Bill
On the 357-180, 30 tumble lube and Fat30 molds, we ordered around 50 molds and I had several people still contacting me wanting in after it was done.

45 2.1
04-29-2005, 03:32 PM
What I've been thinking is that if I could get an online store going and a small chunk of change in the bank, that I could offer to do the custom mold runs and order 100 to get the dealer price break. Then we wouldn't have to pay $50 anymore. I'm not looking to put a monopoly on the mold runs or make bank off of the group. We could do the group buy as usual, but at a cheaper price, then I could put the extras up on my site at the regular price for anybody else.

Lar-
That would be a good thing for all of us. I'll be the first to encourage you on that. Good Luck!

imashooter2
04-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Lar-
That would be a good thing for all of us. I'll be the first to encourage you on that. Good Luck!

I agree. Making an honest buck providing honest service is the American way.