PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

BD
04-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Yesterday I had the first convergence of clear spring weather and time off. I set up the smelting rig and put together 2 buckets of WW and three of indoor range scrap for about 400 lb. of finished ingots. Using a pair of the large steel muffin tins I was able to pull it off in about 3 hours. I'll tell ya, I was getting awful close to the bottom of the alloy barrel. I thought winter was never gonna end. BD

Bass Ackward
04-28-2005, 07:22 AM
Yesterday I had the first convergence of clear spring weather and time off. I set up the smelting rig and put together 2 buckets of WW and three of indoor range scrap for about 400 lb. of finished ingots. Using a pair of the large steel muffin tins I was able to pull it off in about 3 hours. I'll tell ya, I was getting awful close to the bottom of the alloy barrel. I thought winter was never gonna end. BD

Boy Howdy! You aren't kidding.

But for me spring can be more of a problem here. You can't just pick up my pot and run inside and water not cold is my enemy. I have a back log that needs smelted too. Always something.