PDA

View Full Version : Mihec .40 (.402) hollow point mold

Down South
01-15-2010, 01:55 PM
I received the five sided pins for this mould a few days ago. Since I was doing some casting last night I decided to try the mould out with the new pins. I casted about 50 boolits with the new 5-sided pins.
The boolits drop from the pins very well. The boolits do not tend to stick to the 5-sided pins like they did with the round pins. Most of the time the boolits dropped freely from the pins. It took a single gentle rap on the on the mould handles bolt to free the ones that didn’t fall on their own.
I inspected all of the hollow points for voids and I found none. There was some void issues using the round pins but the 5-sided pins appear to fill out much easier.

yondering
01-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Great!

I hope mine show up soon.

SethD
01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
I received the five sided pins for this mould a few days ago. Since I was doing some casting last night I decided to try the mould out with the new pins. I casted about 50 boolits with the new 5-sided pins.
The boolits drop from the pins very well. The boolits do not tend to stick to the 5-sided pins like they did with the round pins. Most of the time the boolits dropped freely from the pins. It took a single gentle rap on the on the mould handles bolt to free the ones that didn’t fall on their own.
I inspected all of the hollow points for voids and I found none. There was some void issues using the round pins but the 5-sided pins appear to fill out much easier.

Good to hear. I was hoping the five sided pins wouldn't have the same issues the round pins were having. Hopefully my set of pins will show up soon.