PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show, Albany, N.Y., 1/23-1/24, 2010

Maven
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
If you have a bad case of cabin fever, you'll want to check out the NYS Arms Collectors gun show in Albany, N.Y. (at the Convention Center) on Jan. 23 and 24th. The show is open to the public. Hours are 9AM -5PM on Saturday, but only 9AM - 3PM on Sunday. Not lots of bargains, but it's an excuse to get out of the house and it is a treat to view the old weapons.

Patrick L
01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Are you sure its in the Egg? Usually its held in the Convention Center, which is in the concourse under the Egg.

I've been going to that show for better than 20 years now.

Maven
01-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Patrick L, You're right, it is the Convention Center, but people often refer to the entire area as "The Egg."

dubber123
01-13-2010, 07:32 PM
I always called the whole thing "the egg". Maybe I should drag myself over. I did learn, DON'T buy the case of 7.62x39 the first thing through the door.... At least have the guy tag it and leave it with him, lugging one of those things around gets old quick.

roarindan
01-14-2010, 10:07 AM
I drove two hrs. with my 16 yr old son(that in itself is an adventure) to that "show" ONCE!!. I'll stay up here and mold or reload or take a nap or talk with my wife,before I go there again where its 80 degrees, all the tables are in a small area, and people are "cheek to jowl",and people will stop in the isle and block it and not make room for anybody else to wlak by ,so we get this stop and go ****. It might be a good place to go if I didnt have to pay $3.00/gal. for gas, but it not worth my time, because I felt the dealers were only moving their shops, and not giving any real deals.