PDA

View Full Version : Dang sticky boolits

motorcycle_dan
05-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Someone help here. I'm lub/sizing my .45 RN bullets and then drop'n them into a coffee can. From there they are poured into my Dillon bullet tray. Some lube from other bullets gets pretty much everywhere on the projectile. When loading there is almost always wax up near the case mouth. So I painstakenly wipe each cartridge before case gaging it. Very time consuming and hard on my poor fingers.

Look'n for an easier way.
Suggestions? Plunk the loaded ammo into a bucket of soapy water? solvent?
Run them through the dishwasher when the spousal unit is out shopping?
What about another trip through the polisher?

There's gotta be an easier way. Mebby another type of bullet will spread the lube less? I have an H&G #34 with a larger single lube groove. Will that spread lube more or less?

Ken O
05-31-2006, 10:24 PM
When using soft lube, run them thought your lubrisizer and put them base down on a styrofoam meat tray. Line them up just touching each other, you can stack one tray on top another just to the left of your Dillon (ditch the Dillon bullet tray). When you feed your Dillon there shouldn't be any lube anywhere except in the lube groove where its suppose to be.
Or you could go to a hard lube with a heated lubesizer and do what you've been doing.

slughammer
05-31-2006, 11:27 PM
I used shoe box lids for storing pistol boolits with soft lube. Put them in rows and the time spent pays off when you go to load them. You allready oriented the boolit once before sizing, no need to repeat that work.

I tried a little vibratory tumbling with hard lube ONCE, but ended up with a lube/walnut mixture that was probably worse. If you stack your soft lube boolits and have a good bell, your cases will stay clean.