PDA

View Full Version : Old Gun Books

Tazman1602
01-12-2010, 12:46 AM
EDIT: Violating copyrights scare me to death. None of these books are going to be for sale but I'd be happy to share information with anyone on this forum. These are some really great old books. If anyone has any input on them I'd be glad to hear it. Most of these are older than the eldest forum members.

This is a collection of old books I have on guns.

(OLD) Airguns
By Eldon G. Wolff
Date unknown, guessing 50's from dates in book

Ammunition (Factory Production)
Report of a British Productivity Team on Ammunition
which visited the United States of America in 1952

Complete guide to handloading
By Philib B. Sharpe

Handloaders Manual
By Earl Naramore
Major, Ordnance Department Reserve
The Army of the United States
sketches by Lt. Col. Julian S. Hatcher
LOTS OF GOOD INFO ON CASTING

Hatchers Notebook
Julian Hatcher
Self Explanatory
Second Edition 1957

Our Rifles
By Charles Winthrop Sawyer

Springfield Muzzleloading shoulder Arms
Compiled by Claud E. Fuller
1930's

Story of the Guns
J. Emerson Tennent

The American Shotgun
By Charles Askins

The Book of Rifles
By W.H.B. Smith
and
Joseph E. Smith
1948 NRA
Includes information about almost every
country in existence at the time

No copyright laws will be violated but I'd be happy to share any information I have at no charge.

Thanks,

Art

Tazman1602
01-12-2010, 09:23 AM
OK not much interest in anyone *paying* for a CD so for the good of the forum does anyone know where I might upload and post these on the internet and I'll GIVE them to forum members for FREE??????

Art

Blacksmith
01-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Tazman 1602
To help you keep out of trouble here is a link that gives a good explanation on what is under copyright and what is in the public domain. You need to review each of your books and figure out if copyright laws apply. If they are in the public domain you are good to go but if they are still under copyright you could get sued. I'd be worried about Hatchers Notebook since it is still available in print. Here is the link:
http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm

Blacksmith

Tazman1602
01-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Thank you Blacksmith. I edited my original post accordingly. None will be for sale now. If you are a forum member and you've done me favors I'll be glad to LEND you my copies.

Art