PDA

View Full Version : Casting DVD

RugerFan
05-30-2006, 09:19 PM
For those that are unaware, Wolf Publishing is selling a DVD containing the following for $25 + S&H:

The Art of Bullet Casting
Handloaders Bullet Making Annual
Handloaders Bullet Making Annual II
Handloaders Bullet Special Edition

The ad pictured below in part, is in the June issue of Handloader.

The web link is:
http://www.riflemagazine.com/catalog/detail.cfm?ProductID=809

Wayne Smith
05-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks, just ordered it.

AnthonyB
05-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Ordered mine last night. Thanks for the link. Tony

jballs918
05-31-2006, 11:08 AM
hey you guys need to do a review and tell us if it worth the money. i know peeps order stuff like that thinking it will be the greatest thing since bottled beer but then found out that they wish the company had a "this sucks" return poicy.:-D

Dale53
05-31-2006, 03:49 PM
I have the original publications and can recommend the material.

Dale53

RayinNH
05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
I'd like to know how easy it is to use. When I subscribed to "Guns Magazine" they threw in a CD for a past year as a free gift. The back issues are in PDF files format and I find it annoying to scroll up and down and left and right constantly to read the whole page. I was wondering if these are set up the same way? Course I suppose you could print it all out to make it easier...Ray

223tenx
06-03-2006, 01:10 PM
This may be the only way to obtain some of these books. I read a thread where someone had seen an original on squeezebay for mucho dinero. It's really easy to use. Just insert disc and it loads to a menu, then click on the book you want to read and an index comes up. This is a no brainer if you've seen any of the casting manuals. The content is in Pdf format and an Adobe Reader is included if you don't already have it. You can also save individual pages and print them out.

223tenx
06-03-2006, 01:13 PM
The new adobe Reader has a feature that allows one to adjust the text size so the page fits the screen. It may be a little unwieldy, but, all that information for $25 is a steal.

RayinNH
06-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Pete, thanks. I went back and played with the above mentioned CD. I find that if I narrow up the menu on the left side of the screen and hide the Microsoft toolbar and eliminate other screen junk the page font size does become readable. Articles that are of particular interest at the moment will probably get printed and saved. Eventually I guess
the whole thing will be printed one article at a time. :-D They do look like a good resource to have...Ray

AnthonyB
06-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Fellas, my DVD came in three days ago. I've found it very easy to use, especially since I carried it to work and used my tax dollars to print the PDF files - they are much easier to read in the format the Great Librarian intended us to use. Reading on a computer screen is tough, but the info is there. Tony

Wayne Smith
06-20-2006, 07:43 AM
OK, how do you print just one article. Mine comes up saying "page x of 257" or some such number. Isn't it going to print out the whole issue rather than one article? I see no way to choose one article to print, but haven't tried, either. Does highlighting one article with the cursor work?

cabezaverde
06-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Identify the pages you want to print.

When you hit print, there is a section of the print dialog that will allow you to print specific pages, i.e. pages 118 - 122.

wills
06-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Click file and see if your program has Print Preview. You can pick the pages you are interested in.

If you click File > Print you should get a box with some options in it one of which would be Page range, and you can fill in the page numbers you want to print.

Wayne Smith
06-23-2006, 07:17 AM
OK, got all that done, and it works. Now my problem is that I can't find a way to change the text color and mine is a light blue that isn't saturated enough to print! Is yours the same?

PS: I had to load it on my hard drive to get the print to work. I'm apparently using a combination drive (CD/DVD) and it really didn't want to cooperate.