PDA

View Full Version : I moved and

Phat Man Mike
01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
didn't even know it!! hell I think it's colder here that at Bullshops house! it got down to -2 lastnight!:roll: I have little chihuahua dogs and can't let them out! (they look at me and run the other way) where is all that global warming stuff at I can't even cast any boolit's I think they would freeze in my molds LOL

runfiverun
01-10-2010, 11:53 AM
-2 hahaha i wish.

Oldtimer
01-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Hey Phat Man, my thermometer had 12 on it last night. This is the sunny south in Miss. Think south Fla. even had some freezin temps. I'm ready for the spring. Bob

Geraldo
01-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey Phat Man, my thermometer had 12 on it last night. This is the sunny south in Miss. Think south Fla. even had some freezin temps. I'm ready for the spring. Bob

We sure did...high 20s last night, up to a whoppping 37 right now.

Oldtimer
01-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm not lookin forward to seeing the OJ prices. Any idea how the orange orchards have fared? 10:15 here and its up to a smoking 24. Bob

Guesser
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
We were -33 thursday morning @ sunup, wind chill @ -55. UNGOOD!!!!!!!

Ed Barrett
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
It was 11 below here last night, where's that global warming when you need it.

Oldtimer
01-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Yuk---- and I thought I was hurtin at 12 above. Still cold for our part of the country. Bob

DLCTEX
01-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Hey, I'm hoping it stays cold enough to freeze the polar ice cap far beyond its past boundries, just to prove to the duped how insane Al Gore really is. Notice how much cooler it is since the solar flares have died down?

C1PNR
01-10-2010, 03:41 PM
It is the absolute height of hubris for puny man to think he can influence the weather on earth more than the sun does. What fools they are!

Other than that, I really don't have much of an opinion on the "global warming" religion.:coffee:

JIMinPHX
01-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Boy, you really have to hand it to that Obama fella. He makes one trip to Copenhagen & that whole global warming problem is all cleared up. Large portions of the country are now having the coldest winter they've seen in 60 years. Once again, the messiah has saved us.[smilie=w:

OK, we can serve the Kool-aid now...:mrgreen:

montana_charlie
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Global Warming is firmly latched to Al Gore's coattails. It follows him everywhere, and never leaves him. That is why he sees it everywhere he goes...and points it out to all who will listen.

Unforunately, Al is only human and can't be in more than one place at a time (hard to believe, huh?) so wherever he ain't...Gobal Warming also isn't.
If you need some, invite Al to visit...and be ready to pay for it.

CM

TAWILDCATT
01-10-2010, 09:28 PM
it was 37 degrees here in mid SC on I95.it has not warmed up yet and the wind was blowing.I too cant get in my shop to cold for an old man.at least I am not in Mass.my friends all are coldddddd.
any one from port charlotte area my friend there says it was 40 and I think its down lower.

jhrosier
01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
it was 37 degrees here in mid SC on I95......

Maybe your neighbors voted for change.:kidding:

It was a balmy 20 degrees here today so I went shooting.
No sense in letting good weather go to waste.

Jack

Finster101
01-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm not lookin forward to seeing the OJ prices. Any idea how the orange orchards have fared? 10:15 here and its up to a smoking 24. Bob

Still waiting on crop damage. Strawberries, tomatoes, corn, several other crops besides oranges are going to get hit. I am right on the gulf and only about 100 miles from as south as you can go and it supposed to be 28 at 8A.M. It's going to ba a cold day in the dealership garage tomorrow. A few schools are closed tomorrow because of the strain on the power grid. Our houses are set up for AC efficiency not heat. It sucks right now, but we are supposed to be back at 70 by friday. I'm hopin'

weasel 21
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
77 F today in Commifornia(San Diego)

GOPHER SLAYER
01-10-2010, 10:03 PM
My wife and I drove down to LaJolla today for a classic car show and the temp was a balmy 75 degrees. LaJolla is 0n the coast a few miles north of San Diego. It was a lovely day and we saw many fantastic vintage cars but boy was it crowded. It was very nice to set on the quay wall and watch the big waves crash into the rocks. It was also nice to get away from the crowd. When we got home at 4 pm it was 65 degrees. Southern California has the best climate in the world but it is getting more difficult to find a place to shoot.

grages
01-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I remember the great blizzard, the Christmas of '88 in N.E Florida. I have never seen so many accidents and cars push off the road. My wife was trapped in Jacksonville because they had closed the bridges due to snow. It was a mess.

That was the year that I declared that white sand beaches was all the White Christmas I wanted. Now we have had snow in Central Florida to boot. Ba Humbug Global warming! If this keeps up I might have to move to Miami :)

oneokie
01-10-2010, 11:36 PM
A bright note on the cold for us southerners, it may thin out the fire ants some.

Rick N Bama
01-11-2010, 06:52 AM
A bright note on the cold for us southerners, it may thin out the fire ants some.

Don't count on it. I understand they can actually live where Bullshop lives. Reckon he would want to trade some for a bottle of BullPlate:bigsmyl2:

Rick

John Guedry
01-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I don't beleive those fire ants are affected at all. They just dig a little deeper and wait it out.

lwknight
01-11-2010, 06:42 PM
It used to be that fireants would not go north of the Red River. They have adapted and now reside in Oklahoma too. Eventually, only fireants will exist in the ant world at this rate.

The only thing that really hurts firants is wetlands. They have to be able to go deep enough to get below the frost line and cannot do that in swampy areas

Freightman
01-11-2010, 07:15 PM
It has been cold here I had three cords of wood for the winter normally use two, here it is January and April is two and a half months away and I am running short on wood. So I went to the brush dump and nothing but Christmas trees. I was about to leave when there were two TORO hauls a lot coming through the gate (look like a ATV with a bed) they were loaded with six to eight inch elm branches already cut, they dumped them right behind my PU and said we will be back. They were trimming the elm trees in the large park across the street. They returned about the time I had the first loaded and I almost didn't get it on my old Ford. Went home and stacked it 75% was cut the right length, by my measurements I got one and a half cords, the old Ford was looking skyward it was squatted so much. Looking forward to "Global Warming" hope it hurry s up.
O by the way we now have "Fire Ants" thanks for sharing.

johnlaw484
01-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Winter has been pretty rough on my wood pile too, this year.
Oh by the way Gobal Warming is out Seems they were not able to prove it, so they are calling it "Climate Change" FYI
Gotta keep all the "green guys" happy.

Freightman
01-11-2010, 07:45 PM
If it were not for elm trees I would have to do something I have never done, buy fire wood!

Dark Helmet
01-11-2010, 09:08 PM
19 degrees when I got to to work at 5 am today. Chance of flurries on my route tommorow am. Hate Fire Ants.

Bullshop Junior
01-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Phat Man Mike
Colder than Bullshops house? I dont think so!!! We just got a brandly new -100 F thermometer and this morning it was only being half used. What a waste.
I guess when cold weather comes we will see if it works.
Colder than Bullshops house, HA!!!!!

geargnasher
01-11-2010, 11:08 PM
One very, very good thing about having fire ants: They killed out most of the ground hornets here in the mid-to-late '80s, and I'd rather have fire ants any day. Another observation, haven't had fireants ruining the pressure switch in the wellhouse in many years, used to be a weekly occurance until we started using grease barriers, but at some point they just stopped going for the juice. Guess Mr. Darwin was right.

BTW, we had a low of eight degrees early Saturday morning here in the Hill Country, coldest it's ever been here in my lifetime. But it was PC and 55 this afternoon so it's all ok.

Gear

Phat Man Mike
01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
update my 92 year old aunt who lives alone has some frozen water lines!!! yuck! it's the coldest spell we've had in over a 90 year span. the news said from Christmas eve till the 9th of Jan. took a average and it was the coldest in that amount of time YIKES [smilie=b:

Bullshop Junior
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
update my 92 year old aunt who lives alone has some frozen water lines!!! yuck! it's the coldest spell we've had in over a 90 year span. the news said from Christmas eve till the 9th of Jan. took a average and it was the coldest in that amount of time YIKES [smilie=b:
Move to Alaska! :p

wistlepig1
01-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Were voting for global warning here in Colorado, when it came thru here it was -15 below but blased up to 16 in the daytime.