PDA

View Full Version : Explain your avatar and name.

Pages : [1] 2

Recluse
01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I was thinking about this during the "Cast Boolits, USA--or our own town?" discussion (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=70435&highlight=Cast+Boolits) and realized not only do we have a lot of talent here at Cast Boolits, we also have a lot of characters--unique individuals, most of whom dance to their own drum.

You see all kinds of unique and interesting avatars and names to go with them. It's a Saturday morning, I'm waiting on the Dayquil to kick in and so I'm probably out of my head a little bit wondering about all this.

What the heck, might be fun.

Mine is pretty self explanatory. The older I get, the more reclusive from other folks and general society I become. My circle of true and close friends gets closer and tighter--likewise my disgust for the entitlement mentality segment of society grows larger.

Avatar? Self-explanatory as well. Guns do NOT cause crime any more than matches cause arson. In fact, when I argue with nimrods who believe in gun control, I tell them that based on my experience in law enforcement, guns CONTROL crime when used correctly and that if there were less gun control, there would be less crime.

So my avatar is just my way of preaching to the choir, I reckon. If I was on a lot of other forums where I posted/contributed, then I guess it would make more of a statement.

:coffee:

jameslovesjammie
01-09-2010, 01:37 PM
My name is James, my wife is Jammie. I kinda like her.

My avatar pic is myself on the left and my Grandpa on the right. The deer in the pic (well, the heads of the deer) are the ones we harvested in 2000 about a week apart. Growing up, my Grandpa was my mentor. I grew up 20 feet away from him and was at his side all the time. He and my Father got me into shooting and reloading EARLY. I remember seating primers with a Lee hand tool around the age of 7 or so. It was probably earlier than that.

I am continuing the tradition with my boy. He is 4 and likes to help pull the handle of my turret press. He isn't allowed anywhere near the room when I'm not there, and we are starting gun safety with nerf guns and a BB gun this summer.

j20owner
01-09-2010, 01:42 PM
I'll join in.

A J20 is a jeep truck, as some here might know, and I own one for some odd reason.

My avatar is a Missouri Battle Flag that was used during the US Civil War. I like the flag and history, so I use it everywhere. I also have a full-sized flag that drapes over my gun cabinet.
http://xaclan.com/Heinrich/heinrich/Gun%20stuff/SKS%20with%20Missouri%20battle%20flag%20small.JPG

DLCTEX
01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
At the time I became a member I had been lurking for a few months and was of the opinion that if the govt. wanted to find out who posted what they could. So I just used my name since I have nothing to hide. Recently my wife googled my name and I was surprised to find that statements I'd made on Cast Boolits came up. I now wish I had used something else and would recommend that all new members do so. No sense in making it easy for the enemy, but I'm sure a determined one could get the info anyway. BTW, I recently signed up on facebook and there are six of us Dale Clawsons there, but I'm the best looking one.:drinks:
I forgot to explain my avatar, which is mostly self explanatory. If you can see better than I there is a small star near the eastern edge of the panhandle that almost marks my place of residence, but is actually a tad too far south. I'm 5 miles from Oklahoma.

Jim
01-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Mine's pretty much self explanatory.

Bullshop Junior
01-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Bullshop Junior = My dads user name is Bullshop, because that is the name of out shop. I am Jr. so I used Bullshop Junior.

Avatar. I just change it when Ever I find something better. right now it is the Prairie dog with the gun, because I was looking for some info about a ammo belt I found on google, and ran across it.

Oldtimer
01-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Name comes from 35 plus years of casting and reloading. Picture comes as a result of 31 years in the Air National Guard flying jets. My favorite was the f-4 Phantom. 14 years , and 3500 plus hours. Hope to retire in 3-4 more months. Bob

winelover
01-09-2010, 02:04 PM
What can I say? I'm a WINO!!! You know that SMILIE with the coffee cup at the computer?:coffeecom Well that's me but substitute the coffee cup with a wine glass.:kidding:

Winelover

hornsurgeon
01-09-2010, 02:09 PM
no, not a taxidermist. i repair musical instruments for one of the largest musical instrument chains in wi. i also am in sales there.

EMC45
01-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Mine is my name....Sort of. My first name is Evan That's where the E comes in and I am Irish so the MC is the other part. And the 45 is self explanatory.

geargnasher
01-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Nickname given to me by an old coworker and good friend. We're mechanics, you see, and I like to get my face close to my work.

My avatar is one of our pet hooded rats, this one's name is Fudgie and he was just a few weeks old in the photo. Thinking of updating it soon with a pic of Fudgie on a pile of boolits.

Gear

Dennis Eugene
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Dennis Eugene, That's me my avatar is me, one of my favorite Mt's and a Sitka blacktail buck, The pic was taken with the camera timer as I spend most of my hunting time alone. Dennis

Wayne Smith
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Mine is my name, more common than any alias I could think of. My avitar is our cat, Indiana Jones, who died last year @18 years old. He was our squirrel killer, he was mostly blind, deaf, and slow, but about 8mo before he died he proudly walked in with a squirrel in his mouth. Must have been a suicidal squirrel, but it made his day. He curled up in our bathroom sink and this picture was the result.

My statement refers to the "right" of medical care. There is no such thing.

Recluse
01-09-2010, 02:37 PM
31 years in the Air National Guard flying jets. My favorite was the f-4 Phantom. 14 years , and 3500 plus hours. Hope to retire in 3-4 more months. Bob

Bob, from my time in the Air Force and later years as a civilian pilot, I have to say you are the first pilot I've known or heard of to actually claim that the F4 was/is your favorite airplane. :)

But then again, I ran into a few Thud drivers that never wanted to fly anything else. Makes me think something was amiss with their O2 system while in the flight levels. :)

Thanks for your service in the Guard.

Bad Water Bill
01-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I had a hard time trying to find a good handle. Then I remembered the name my uncle used for many years representing the state of Nevada at Outdoor and Travel shows.

Yes he was also a real prospector.

My avitar is a photo of the original B W B and his faithful companion Girty.

Westwindmike
01-09-2010, 02:59 PM
My name is Mike and Westwind is the type of jet I flew for the past 8 years(till I got laid off).
My avitar is just a 3 view of the Westwind.

LIMPINGJ
01-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Mike at least you did not pick the other name for the Jet Commander when it went to Isreal.

357maximum
01-09-2010, 03:19 PM
When I joined the forum I was putting about 7-8 hundred rounds through my new pistol a week and it was what I was obsessing about at the time. I could not find a good way to express O.C.D and A.D.D in the same handle so I went with the one I have.

My current avatar was a pic I stumbled across and got enamoured by the pretty color and lines basically.

My signature .......... I love to turn animate objects into inanimate ones..they taste good:lol:. For inanimate objects I like to hit them from a distance that is way out of proportion to "normal" for caliber.

Muddy Creek Sam
01-09-2010, 03:28 PM
First the easy Part, The avitar is Katie OneShot and my own ugly mug at the GeeChee Gunfighters Christmas Shoot in 2007. As for the username, Muddy Creek is the location of the old Huggins family homestead in between Hemingway and Johnsonville, SC. This is the location of the first house I ever lived in, it was built by my GGGgrandfather George Samuel Briley Huggins. Sam is from my initials and what my Dad called me when he was real pissed.

Sam :D

SCIBUL
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
In french army we use to abbreviate our names by writting only three letters of it : the first, the centered and the last one. That is for the "SCI". The "BUL" part is for the english (or american) term "v-bul".
[smilie=s:

casey
01-09-2010, 03:57 PM
My initials are K.A.C. therefore "casey" The avitar is my favorite hunting handgun. It is a 5.5" ruger bisley in .45 colt. A real thumper on our whitetail deer and some varmints that got in the way of a 320grn. cast!:lovebooli

powderburnerr
01-09-2010, 03:57 PM
mine has to do with long case sharps ctgs, 50-2&1/2, 50 3&1/4, 45 2 & 7/8 , and the amount of powder I go through shooting them The only feller who burns more than me is probably Kurt the lead pot. He just is more adept at it than me.
my avatar is my favorite Shiloh, a 26 in barreled 45 2&7/8 .

PepperBuddha
01-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Always had a big belly and used to grow a lot of peppers...
http://bbdart.com/index_files/97gardn.jpg

Ajax
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I grew up and learned to hunt in the Big Thicket federal preserve in Texas. My avatar is me.

Andy

lead Foot
01-09-2010, 04:28 PM
In my early years I used to have a 46' Ford with a Chevy motor and drove it flat every were I went ~ they called me lead foot: [smilie=2:
Lead foot;

corvette8n
01-09-2010, 04:50 PM
I have a 1948 Ford 8N tractor and have recently sold my '95 six speed Vette, that was the second one I had owned, my previous one was a '78.

TCFAN
01-09-2010, 05:08 PM
My name come from being a fan of Thompson center arms.

My avatar is from the back of the old Lyman handbook of cast bullets.My copy's were pretty beat up so I had to run the scans through Photoshop.

This has always been a favorite picture and I would like to find a good print of it.
Below is a b/4 and after.

crabo
01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
My first name is Craig and the first sylable of my last name is pronounced Bow, so you put them together and you get Crabo. Of course all my friends like to call me crabbo, but I don't care.

My avitar is my 10/22

I wish you guys would at least put your states on the location because it helps give perspective to your answers.

Philngruvy
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
My name is just a different way to spell Feelingroovy which was my very first screen name way back when Al Gore invented the internet. I had to spell it differently because Feelingroovy was already taken on AOL. And the name comes from the Paul Simon song, you know, "Slow down, you move too fast, got to make the mornin' last!" No, my name is not Phil, but you can call me Bill. Actually it is Ron. My avatar is a pic "thru the ears" of our pair of Haflingers taken on the road just down from our cabin in North Carolina. The cabin is about 3 1/2 miles as the crow flies from the peak of Mount Mitchell which is the tallest peak in all of North America east of the Mississippi. And man do we have a bunch of black bears there.

Oldtimer
01-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Hey Recluse, Guess I'll have to say the Phantom was my favorite since I never got to fly the F-15, or F-16. Did wind up with about 2500 hr. in the KC-135, but that was like getting out of a Corvette, and getting on a school bus. I still miss the old girl. She was built like a tank. Bob

batman
01-09-2010, 05:53 PM
my name is batman because I got bit by a bat and got rabies when I was 6 and was the first to live from rabies.when I got out of the hospital and went back to school a year later the kid and all my friends started calling me batman.I am 45 now and everyone still calls me batman

johnlaw484
01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
I'll join in.

A J20 is a jeep truck, as some here might know, and I own one for some odd reason.

My avatar is a Missouri Battle Flag that was used during the US Civil War. I like the flag and history, so I use it everywhere. I also have a full-sized flag that drapes over my gun cabinet.
http://xaclan.com/Heinrich/heinrich/Gun%20stuff/SKS%20with%20Missouri%20battle%20flag%20small.JPG
A Border Ruffin. Capt Quantrill and Bill Anderson, Good people.

pmeisel
01-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Well, the P is from my first name... and the avatar was the best looking one already uploaded stock, I dunno how to make my camera phone talk to my computer!

Oldtimer, I work across the street from the airport in the south industrial park.... I've probably watched you take off and land, or maybe turning on final while floating in the pool (I live just out of town on the NW side). I wish you happy retirement! My dad spent about 15 years in the Michigan ANG, a little before and mostly after 14 years in the USAAC/USAF...most as a senior NCO in medium bomber outfits.

johnlaw484
01-09-2010, 06:02 PM
My Avatar is of my youngest son and I at Rockford Ill WWII reenactment. He is British airbourne and of course mine is US Navy.

The name is in relation to my profession and the 484 my badge number.

My signature is pretty self explainatory. It relates to outfitters tying up all the hunting ground for rich city people.

Charlie Sometimes
01-09-2010, 06:11 PM
The Sometimes part of my handle goes along with my "Also answers to-" names.
To some people I am Charles, and others Chuck. Some of the same people call me Charlie, sometimes.

The avatar varies from time to time, but right now, it's the rounds I cast and load for, and all the variations thereof.

clodhopper
01-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I chose Clodhopper partly in honor of my grandfather Claude who grew up a poor dirt farmer.
And long ago decided it would be my handle if I ever joined SASS.
Many the SASS members portray low lifes and such, my statement is the homesteader is who really tamed the west.
Never got around to joining SASS, to fond of 1911s, and bolt guns with scopes.

megafatcat
01-09-2010, 06:45 PM
My daughter has a VERY large, fat, calico cat.

OutHuntn84
01-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Back when AOL was the internet and everyone had screen names. My sister was bringing the twentieth century into our home and asked where I was and they told her as usual I was Out Hunting so there was my screen name. My avitar is of me getting a proper education by a group of vets. God I miss those days. Go to work, train with the vets, sleep and repeat daily. My paychecks went to guns gear and ammo, this was obviously before I got married.

Depdog
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM
DepDog

Dep=Deputy Sheriff Dog=USMC Devil Dog

theperfessor
01-09-2010, 06:56 PM
My handle comes from my profession - I teach mechanical/manufacturing engineering courses at the University of Southern Indiana. My avatar is me (the furball) holding my cold weather CCW. It's a S & W 296, which is a lightweight five shot .44 Special L- frame with a concealed hammer. I call it the humpback whale because of it's size and profile. Right now it's wearing Lasergrips but I'll probably replace them with something more handfilling so I can control the DA only trigger a little better.

gnoahhh
01-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Gnoahhh= the G is for my first name, Gary, and the noahhh is my Hash nickname (from when I was a Hasher- google "Hashing" or "Hash House Harriers." I'm a wooden boat builder, and I'm an "old " guy, with the HHH of Hash House Harriers tacked on.)

Gotta get around to picking an avatar one of these days.

Bret4207
01-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Bret is my first name. I was named after James Garners character on "Maverick". I thinl my Mom hoped I grow up to look like a young James Garner. Instead she got Homer Simpson with a dash of Wilford Brimley thrown in, or vice versa.

My avatar is the Bennington Flag. I wanted to use the Bi-Centennial flag but couldn't find a pic. The 1976 Bi-Centennial was a really big event to me.

4207 was my shield (badge) number. My original name here was Tpr. (Trooper) Bret and my original avatar was an NYSP shield but the whole cop thing ruffled too many feathers.

danski26
01-09-2010, 07:08 PM
My first name is Dan and I am a full blooded Polak and my last name ends in "ski." My avatar is of the Green Bay Packers as I am a big fan and live near Green Bay.

RayinNH
01-09-2010, 07:20 PM
My screen name is obviously my name and location. The avitar comes from the fact that my ancestors on my father's side have been traced back to 1500's France. The more recent relations great-grandparents on my mother and father's side came from Canada. So being of french descent and the fact that frenchmen are referred to as frogs, hence the avitar. The picture was e-mailed to me by my son. It shows a contented frog chillin' out on a lily pad, laying back with his hands er front flippers resting on his belly...Ray

Mumblypeg
01-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Years ago I was at the Criminal Justice Academy in Columbia for a class, don't remember which one. A classmate and I had been out on the town and came back late. The door to the dorm was locked and we had to knock on a window to get someone to let us in. When the guy came to the door he asked for a password and the guy I was with said "Mumblypeg". I actually thought he said mumbly pig and about fell out laughing. When I asked where he came up with mumbly pig he told me it was mumblypeg and it has stuck in my mind ever since. I don't know much about the game but I never forgot that night. So it's just something that I use. My avatar is my blue healer "Belle". She doesn't mind wearing ear muffs and I thought it looked cool. I also have a picture of her at the shooting bench behind a Highwall in 38-55, looks like she's shooting. My signature is Albert Einstein... very true.

billyb
01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
First name and first letter of my last name. I am a member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, thus the seal of the Cherokee Nation. My Dad's mother was full blood, my granddad was half Cherokee half Irish. Bill

Bob Krack
01-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I started with screen name "VillageIdjit" hoping to show some humility (after years of using the screen name of "Sorcerer's Apprentice" for the same reason).

After watching a little rebel rousing and being involved in some "community service" here decided to use my real name. Charles Robert Krack - going by Bob as known by my family.

Dad was Charles Francis Krack and he was adamnant about not having a "JR" so I ended up with a different middle name. Dad's Uncle Charlie, and Dad's oldest brother , Uncle Robert, a WWII fatality, might have had some bearing also.

A feller here sent me a cash payment of $10 and enclosed in a card, I assume to disguise its contents, depicting the bald eagle which I really liked. I scanned it, cropped it and uploaded it as my avatar. Durned proud of it, too!

And yes, this village is my home now.

Bob

Rick N Bama
01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Well I'm called Rick which is a nickname for my real name, Richard. Then since I live in Alabama (Roll Tide!) I go by Rick N Bama.

My avatar is shows 2 of my 4 Grandsons. BTW, I have 6 Grandchildren with another Granddaughter due toward the end of the month.

Rick

alamogunr
01-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I live in Alamo, TN, which is the county seat of Crockett county. No, David Crockett(he didn't like to be called Davy) was not born here or ever lived here. When the county was formed from 4 other counties back in the 1800's, they liked the name and renamed the county seat.

The avatar is the result of looking for a picture that was appropriate. When I found it, it said that permission was required to use it. I emailed the referenced address but got no answer, so it may disappear someday if they threaten to sue me.

John
W.TN

trk
01-09-2010, 09:20 PM
trk are my initials, avatar at the moment is me.

Chief of Smoke - a term used in the Artillary for the senior enlisted sargent of the firing battery. This is the guy that commands "FIRE!"
Pulaski Coehorn works - I make cannons and mortars. Comoderate the Blackpowder Mortar and Cannon forum on graybeard outdoors.
Winery - home brew. Wears the label: Chateau Barracks.
and grid coordinates of where I live.

azrednek
01-09-2010, 09:22 PM
I adopted my handle back in the 90's. I started on the internet with a WebTv unit and cruised political discussion groups. I discovered that when arguing with sissies, liberals or professional welfare recipients and confronting them with facts they would usually respond with "what ever", "racist" or "you're a red neck". I'd always thank them when called a red neck. I adopted AzRednek to PO the libs. I discovered somebody else had already chosen the correct spelling in a local group sponsered by a talk radio station I participated in so I dropped the C and have been using it since.

Lead Fred
01-09-2010, 09:24 PM
I died, the medics brought me back

One of my buds said "Fred is dead'

Which lead to dead Fred as my nick.

So now that im killing my self slowly smelting lead.

Lead Fred

<---random avatars

Longrange
01-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Longrange, Retired Navy Sniper.

It is a SIG, nuf said on that point I hope

:cbpour:

PatMarlin
01-09-2010, 09:42 PM
We seriously have talent from all walks of life here.

My first rifle, purchased by my own hard work at 10 years old, my first love, in my avatar.

Kraschenbirn
01-09-2010, 09:42 PM
My handle comes from flying RC scale models. I had a Fokker EII "Eindekker" (early WWI German monoplane for those who aren't airplane buffs) which I pranged in so frequently that it became known around our flying field as "Baron von Kraschenbirn".

So far as my avatar, I'm a confessed "parrothead"...Jimmy Buffet fan...so the "It's five o'clock somewhere" bird pretty much explains itself.

Bill

hoosierlogger
01-09-2010, 10:32 PM
My avatar is just a picture I found several years ago and have always liked it.

And I am a logger in Indiana the Hoosier state.

Daddyfixit
01-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm the typical jack of all trades, master of none. When the kids ( all 4 are boys) would break something ( and they were always doing that!) mom would scold them and one day out came " ah oh...daddy fix it ". After 30 years they still use the phrase

imashooter2
01-09-2010, 10:49 PM
The avatar is because I like to shoot USPSA revolver. The screen name is because I didn't think about it very long on the first gun board I signed up to, and I've kept it the same everywhere I go (except for ARFCOM).

MtGun44
01-09-2010, 11:11 PM
I like the S&W Mountain Gun .44 Mag. The warthog was shot with my orginal Mountain
Gun, rebarreled with a 6.5" powerport bbl. to use in South Africa. Was planning to put
the original barrle back on, but the new one shot too well to remove. So I bought a
replacement. Thinking about putting a different avatar, maybe me and the wife and my
kudu.

Bill

sargenv
01-09-2010, 11:15 PM
login ID = boring... first six letters of my last name, last letter = first letter of my first name.. I've been using this login ID on several boards for several years.. it's even my geocaching name.. Just not creative I think..

Avatar = A day at an OHV area.. we found a 2 ft deep mudhole.. and my wheeling buddy caught this nice muddy picture :)

montana_charlie
01-09-2010, 11:29 PM
username = location_first name

golden bullet = big talker

avatar = livestock brand (animated)

CM

elk hunter
01-09-2010, 11:49 PM
User name is what I like to do. Signature explains the avatar which are the largest and smallest calibers I shoot cast bullets in, at least for now.

runfiverun
01-09-2010, 11:49 PM
avatar name is from my dog five.
she died some time back,and i like to tell stories about her.
she was a silver labrador and one of the smartest dogs i have ever known.
the runfiverun is from her always stealing things to get the kids/dogs/horses, to play with her.
and i'd tell her to go steal the kids toy,horses oat bucket, and run five run.
the avatar is one i found somewhere,and since i admire frogs and octopuses i use it.

fecmech
01-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Wife was going to get me a vanity plate with fecmech which was Fed Ex Corp mechanic hence the name. I 'm a retired aircraft line mechanic from Buffalo. The Avitar is one of our 727's landing at Buf which is an aircraft I've worked on a good portion of my life both at Fed Ex and American Airlines. I think it's the best looking airliner ever made and one of the most reliable. I've been gun and airplane crazy since I was a kid and always will be!

Owens
01-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Just really simple. Its my surname and the avatar, well one of those caricatures. My son insisted I get it done at a fair one time. I scanned it and reduced it.

smoked turkey
01-09-2010, 11:57 PM
For Christmas 2008 I received a copy of Lyman Black Powder Handbook 2nd addition written by Sam Fadala. I became very interested in muzzleloading shotguns. I now have a couple and in the Spring 2009 I harvested two longbeards with my muzzleloading shotgun. My wife said looks like we are going to have 'smoked turkey'. Such fun and as they say..the rest is history.

BSkerj
01-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Name is the first inital of first name and first 5 letters of my last.

Avatar...I am a Freemason and the Square and Compass are the working tools of a Mason. one of our motto's ...to be One Ask One. I was surprised to find so many Masons on this site.
I know if Boolit town ever came to pass we would have a great lodge !!

Tazman1602
01-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Oh boy. The "Tazman" part I got back in my younger days and since everyone has either mostly forgotten all the stupid crazy stuff I did now I am not about to explain, the "1602" part is because that is the size of my motorcycle engine in cc's which is my daily rider in the summer, therefor "Tazman1602".

The avatar is kind of self explanatory. I never did buy the double tap theory, and, well, I was being a smart aleck during one of the "which caliber is better" threads, I mean, arguments:

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc336/Tazman1602/45acp.jpg

desteve811
01-10-2010, 12:45 AM
My username DE is the state i live in, my name is STEVE and i was born in 81. the only reason the second "1" is there is because thats also my email user name and just 81 was already taken plus easy to remember. The avatar is what i love to hunt. Antlers or no antlers.

shooting on a shoestring
01-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Self explanatory.

Grew up in Dad's machine shop. He taught me reloading and casting early. These days I'm a Scientist for an environmental company. Money has always been tight, but I keep the fun factor high.

One of the things I enjoy about reloading and casting is coming back from the range after a day's worth of shooting and having a week's worth of reloading/casting to do, or play with. Also, the shooting budget for a day's worth of shooting, turns into a week's worth of enjoyment at the loading bench. What a bargin. And I can keep myself proficient with my carry weapon and my house protection device (GP101 these days), without breaking the bank.

crazy mark
01-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Crazy Mark: been called that for years. Ex CG boilerman who has a healthy respect for steam but works on stuff that has live steam. I throw caution to the wind at times. I work at a touchy feely (catholic Medical Center) place and the Nuns actually like my attitude as I get work done.
Avatar is because I like the Taz cartoon character and I do have an attitude problem. I also have a Taz Tattoo on my right rear calf holding a baseball bat.

dk17hmr
01-10-2010, 02:11 AM
DK=Doug Kruske, my name.
17hmr= my favorite cartridge at the time I started signing to forums and it stuck.

Avatar is myself shooting my Kahr CW45 with a peice of brass being ejected.

wiersy111
01-10-2010, 02:31 AM
The nickname wiersy was given to me by my gunner in the Army.

The 111 is because I am a third edition (my son is the fourth).

The avatar is of my wife and I enjoying the redneck way of life.

My signature speaks for itself.

S.R.Custom
01-10-2010, 02:56 AM
SuperMag: Because I'm a big fan of the SuperMags, the .445 in particular. Years ago, that big Dan Wesson was one of the first guns I bought when I first got into guns & handloading.

Current Avatar: From a poster for "Gun Crazy," a cheesey 1949 film noir starring Peggy Cummins and John Dall.

Buckshot
01-10-2010, 04:45 AM
Avatar: Just me and my mule Toby.

Handle: Buckshot. My grandfather was a great one for nicknames and mine was Buckshot.

..................Buckshot

SciFiJim
01-10-2010, 05:44 AM
Username - SciFi because I have been a science fiction fan since I learned to read. I actually cut teeth on the classics. I still have a couple of the books with toothmarks. Jim, because its the nickname of my first name James. I picked it as an email address because everything else with "Jim" in it was already chosen.

The avatar is a DeLameter Mark IV blaster, from the Lensmen series of books by E.E. "Doc" Smith, The first series that I owned the entire collection of books in.

The sig line is links to the group buys that I currently have going. I added the "I cast mine" logo the day I cast my first boolit. :)

bmblong
01-10-2010, 08:57 AM
My username is my first initial and my wifes intitials (two names from Alabama) and our last name.

My avatar? I used to fix F-15's and that is a picture of one getting refueled.

BBA
01-10-2010, 09:51 AM
My user name comes from the guys at the fire dept I work at. BBA = Big Bad Al. At an accident, I would grab the Jaws and the hydraulic power unit and carry it to where I needed it. The old set we had weighed 175 to 200 pounds. One time, my Capt got stuck under a small Chevy when it shifted and dropped off another car it had T-boned and I rolled the vehicle off of him. Nowadays I really notice the aches and pains of my younger days, But only for 14 more months

curator
01-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Actual museum curator and armorer. I get paid to play with old guns and direct living history programs. Avatar is me as George Washington's colonial guard. I've been a bullet caster since age 10, more than 50 years now, still learning---

Freightman
01-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I spent 30+ years working for one freight line or another, finished up the last 25 years at Yellof Freight. I was a pick-up-and deleivery man thus Freightman.

Dragon 31
01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
My user name is from a radio call sign given to me almost 48 years ago in a far an distant place.

Geraldo
01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
A friend of mine saw a comedy routine making fun of Geraldo Rivera and tagged me with the nickname, a play on my real first name. So many people have used it for so long it might as well be my real name.

I'm interested in genealogy and have traced my father's family back to the 1600s near Weisbaden, Hesse. The avatar is the coat of arms of Hesse.

oldhickory
01-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Old Hickory, (Andrew Jackson) has always been one of my favorite "charictors" in American history. He stomped the British at the Battle of New Orleans, was shot in a duel and went on to take careful aim at his opponit, (front sight-breath-squeeze-fire!) and mortally wounded him, opened the White House to EVERYONE on his innoguration. Besides, he's the only one of my admired American charictors to have a good nick-name and wouldn't mind if I used it.:mrgreen:

My avatar is just my 4" S&W 629-3. It's one good gun.

southpaw
01-10-2010, 10:21 AM
southpaw - cuz I am left handed

My avatar is me and my son with our big catch this past summer.

The sig lines are some of favorite sayings that I have heard. The first one is from one of the guys that hunts with us ( or I hunt with him one of the two) and the second is something that my dad has said a time or two. example: Hey Jerry (my dads name) what do you think the best way to frame this wall out is (he was a farmer for the first 20 some years of his life and a contractor the rest, about 50years building houses). Dad- gives a very detailed way of going about framing the wall. guy- Huh. well I was thinking... Dad- ah but what do I know I'm just a dumb farmer.

Jerry Jr.

wallenba
01-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Mine is a combination of my first name initial and a truncated version of my last name. The present avatar picture is just something I found on the internet that reflects my sense of humor. I change them from time to time as the mood strikes.

Big Country
01-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Most of the guys on the department have nicknames. Several years ago while in the office finishing some reports, one of the guys called me "Big Country". That nickname got around our department and several other local departments and I have been called that ever since.

oldhickory
01-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Name comes from 35 plus years of casting and reloading. Picture comes as a result of 31 years in the Air National Guard flying jets. My favorite was the f-4 Phantom. 14 years , and 3500 plus hours. Hope to retire in 3-4 more months. Bob

Them F-4s are FANTASTIC aircraft, Bob! I don't know much about how the Air Force felt about them "flying tanks", but for us "Mud Marines" on the ground, they were always a welcome sight when things got "uncomfortable." Flown by Marine and Navy pilots, they got the job done at "pruning" level!

I've never been in the cockpit of any aircraft, and I've never been closer than probably 300yds from a F-4, but in my opinion...It's the best aircraft for close ground support ever made! They're nothing short of flying tanks!:drinks:

jnovotny
01-10-2010, 11:11 AM
My user name is my name. John Novotny, the avatar is something special. It is a 1919 Baldwin steam engine that sat in the park, where I live, for ages. A group of fellas here decided it was time to restore her, I didn't think they would ever get the job done. But 10 years later they ran their madien voyage.

Oldtimer
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM
oldhickory, could'nt have put it better myself. The hardest thing I think i've ever done was in 1991. I took one of our last Phantoms to the bone yard out in Arizona. We landed, shut down, and started to walk away. Something made me turn around. It was almost like the old girl was looking at me saying where you going? Where's the fuel truck? You leavin me here? Kinda get moist eyed every time I think about it. Everyone of those jets had a personality. It was almost like she knew she would never fly again. I walked over and kinda rubbed her nose like you would do an old dog.
You work with the same machines for 14 years, you kinda get to know them, and get attached to them. Sorry to be so long winded. Bob

Phat Man Mike
01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
mine is way to easy!! if you seen my pic I'm a little Phat man ... and the other is :castmine: :mrgreen: :drinks:

high standard 40
01-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I've shot IHMSA silhouette since 1980 except for a 5 year period when my financial situation did not allow. Started back in 1990 with a match my brother & I started sponsoring here in my home town, smallbore only. Up until that time I had never shot a perfect score (40x40). Anyway, at that first match, on my first entry, I shot a perfect score with my High Standard Trophy in Production category.

archmaker
01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Enjoyed reading everyones story. :)

Archmaker - because about 1998 I started to make Takedown bows and have migrated to longbows and I was consulting about computer security and needed to setup my own website. Archmaker.com was available so I took it, still have it after 12 years. Nothing on it now, but maybe I will revive it one of these days.

Trey45
01-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Mines pretty easy, My name is Trey, and I like 45's. Also Trey means 3, so 345. Clever aint I.
The avatar is just a gun related smiley I like.

HeavyMetal
01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
heavyMetal, well when I signed in the first time it was what I use in my hobby and I figured what could be better as a handle!

My avatar? Heaviest piece of metal that shoots I could think of. I have no idea what the writing says at the bottom of the picture, been asked a couple time.

The avatar was posted by one of the moderators a couple Christmas's ago and I like it very much even if it's not parked on a Camel!

JSnover
01-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Nothin' fancy here; My first initial and my last name (no relation to Ron Snover as far as I know).
The avatar was sent in an email. The crown of the barrel in the picture says "Smile, wait for flash." It's probably photo shopped but a lazer engraver or EDM could do it.

01-10-2010, 02:21 PM
462 was my Air Force job code, maintaining and loading F-100 and F-4 weapons systems.

oldhickory: If you were there in '68/'69, I hope some of what I loaded helped you out.

oldtimer: When it came to the F-4, it was love at first sight. Worked on the E Model for two stateside years.

Recluse: I share your feelings and sentiments.

Avatar is John Wayne as Hondo Lane, in the movie "Hondo". To me, Hondo represents the beliefs, values and morals that were the foundation upon which America was bulit. Since I was born 100-years to late, it is easier to relate to Hondo's time than it is to the times in which I live.

Oldtimer
01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
462, nice to see a few of us "old" guys still around. All of my time was in the RF. Bob

dukenukum
01-10-2010, 02:47 PM
I got my screen name when I was loading these in to the trailer
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/dukenukum_album/DSCF0133-1.jpg
the police happened by and things got interesting, until my neighbor a home land security guy told them He's okay that's just dukenukum getting ready to take out the aliens. my avatar is Tibby the cat ( short for Tiberius ). I was getting ready to go to the range when he cuddled up to my .45 auto.

Gar
01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
My handler is my name and the avatar is something I found on the net and really believe children show be taught from the start.

waco
01-10-2010, 06:55 PM
my handle WACO is simply the first two letters of my first and last name
WAlter COats
my avatar is me out in the shop with my .44 ruger blackhawk

rugerdude
01-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Mine comes from a trip to the range with some friends. When we all started unloading, all I had at the time were guns made by Ruger and one of the guys that didn't know about my obsession looked over at them and said "Dude! All you got are Rugers!" So all the range regulars started calling me the "Ruger dude".

My avatar is Jasper, one of our 3 Dachshunds. He was our first and even though we got him because my wife wanted him, he latched on to me and made me "his human"! Teed the wife off, but I have really come to think highly of the little furball.

Philngruvy
01-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I got my screen name when I was loading these in to the trailer
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/dukenukum_album/DSCF0133-1.jpg
the police happened by and things got interesting, until my neighbor a home land security guy told them He's okay that's just dukenukum getting ready to take out the aliens. my avatar is Tibby the cat ( short for Tiberius ). I was getting ready to go to the range when he cuddled up to my .45 auto.

Did you ever belong to Tripoli? Back in the heyday, I was a member (#880). I still have a couple of my rockets around. I will take some pics and post them.
Ron

Cherokee
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
My screen name comes from being part Cherokee. I use it for SASS and on any forum that it was not already taken. The pic is a box of bullets I had cast. Its changes from time to time.

Its been interesting reading all the comments.

10 ga
01-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Screen name comes from what I shoot for $. When someone shoots his mouth off, usually a club visitor with a loud mouth, about how BAD his shotgun is I offer a wager on what would appear to be shooting where winning is mostly by chance, NOT. I have 2 #10 autos. One is an Ithaca automag 10 ga and the other is a Browning gold 10 ga auto. Both have had a bunch of the standard tricks smithed on them to make em shoot in a NASTY manner. Mostly because I do ADC work and hunt fur and I can't afford to let anything get away when a shot is presented. Of course that goes with custom and hand loaded ammo. Usually when I pull the 10s out the loudmouth immediatly begins to alibi and try to reframe the wager. Then I get to say "put up or shut up". I usually reserve this for especially obnoxious braggarts and all the guys that are reguars know it's coming. Makes for great fun and entertainment. Best to all, 10 ga

.30/30 Guy
01-10-2010, 11:46 PM
I am in love with .30/30's. That is where my screen name comes from.
The rifle shown is a hi-wall that was rebarreled to .30/30 when I lived in Montrose, Colorado by Rich Hoch who later developed the Hoch boolit mold.
Also have a Remington 788 in .30/30.
Savage model 219 in .30/30.
Savage 1899 also in .30/30.
Marlin 1936 carbine in .30/30.
Yes, I love the .30/30's!

oksmle
01-11-2010, 12:49 AM
oksmle was given to me by Sundog when I was having difficulty signing on with the old Shooters Forum. The picture is of my 1946 Aeronca Champ 7AC. If I'm not shooting something, I'm flying something.

Recluse
01-11-2010, 12:56 AM
If I'm not shooting something, I'm flying something.

A man after my own heart.

Captain*Kirk
01-11-2010, 01:12 AM
I've (Kirk) been "Captain Kirk" since the mid-sixties....not by my own choice. Seems a lot more people were, and are Trekkies, than you'd ever know (surprisingly enough, I'm not.) The name has sorta attached itself to me, so why not, right?
So, after I register, I find out there's already a captainkirk here.....:-P
"thar's only room for one of us h'yar on this starship, pilgrim".....:holysheep

Echo
01-11-2010, 10:42 AM
When I was a pup I used to repeat what the grown-ups said, and there was a song out at the time called 'Little Sir Echo', so my family started calling me 'Echo'. This all occurred a little while after the avatar picture was taken...

Blacksmith
01-11-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm a retired manufacturing engineer that did some blacksmithing for fun from time to time. I now demonstrate blacksmithing at a living history museum and since we all like playing with hot metal picked it for a handle. No avatar yet haven't found the right statement to make but will have to think about the genealogist who used a coat of arms because I also like digging up my ancestors and have found several sets of arms.

Blacksmith

AZ-Stew
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
AZ-Stew:

AZ: Standard US Mail abbreviation for Arizona, where I live.

Stew: A nickname I've carried since the beginning of my Navy career 40+ years ago.

The avatar is my US Navy Chief Petty Officer rank emblem. I took one of my headgear anchors and scanned it on a flatbed scanner. The scan looked like c**p, so I used my photo handling software, Paint Shop Pro, and went over it pixel by pixel to get the result I wanted. I served 9 years active and 7.5 years in the reserves, attaining the rank of Chief Gunner's Mate.

I recently changed my sig file, dropping the humor and replacing it with the first line, which conveys my thoughts about the upcoming election. We have the opportunity to completely replace the House of Representatives, and to replace 1/3 of the Senate. While this may not be logistically possible, I believe replacing 1/2 of the seats up for election in both houses IS possible and would send a VERY strong message to Congress. PLEASE add it to your sig if you agree with me. I don't post in all the sections of this forum. Having several folks use it would spread the word around more widely than I can by myself.

The second line of my sig file relates to my oath of enlistment, which I took more times than I can remember. I'm a non-registered member of "Oath Keepers".

Regards,

Stew

LeadThrower
01-12-2010, 12:52 AM
I couldn't think of a decent sign-in name when I first joined, so made it fit my mission here.

Avatar changes, but this cycle it's just a pile o' lead.

This place has taught me how to make lead into pretty little shapes that fly a lot better, faster, and farther than I can throw those ingots.

Correction: The avatar is now Secret Agent Titus from kidrobot.com. How can you not like a bear packing a silenced Walther PPK?

Farmall 1066
01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Aside from shooting my other interest is tractor pulling. Used to have a pretty mean running Farmall 1066, and it's alwqays been one of my favorite models within my brand of choice-International Harvester!

Had alot of fun pulling over the years, but $5 diesel fuel and hauling 2-3 hundred miles to win a few hundred dollars at best just got too expensive.

Never have figured out how to post pictures, and have no clue how to make one into an avatar.

Andy

part_timer
01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm an electrician full time and a saw miller part_time. I'd rather it was switched.

The avitar is a picture of the view on our retirement property in SW Virginia. 6 years and counting. !!!!!!!

HORNET
01-13-2010, 08:49 AM
LeadThrower said:
The avatar is now Secret Agent Titus from kidrobot.com. How can you not like a bear packing a silenced Walther PPK?
Is that avatar depicting the Right to Arm Bears??:kidding:

OutHuntn84
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Name is the first inital of first name and first 5 letters of my last.

Avatar...I am a Freemason and the Square and Compass are the working tools of a Mason. one of our motto's ...to be One Ask One. I was surprised to find so many Masons on this site.
I know if Boolit town ever came to pass we would have a great lodge !!

Bro. BSkerj now ya got me wondering. How many of us CBs are M.M.s? I think I'll see if I can figure out how to take a poll and start a thread. Your right that would make for a great lodge! I'm known as our lodge armorer (see local gun nut) lol.

cattleskinner
01-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Mines pretty self explanitory as well at least what I did in a past field. Worked in meat packing plants for about 8 years and got pretty good at taking the skin off of livestock, cutting and processing them. Sig line is my name of course.

ammohead
01-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Worked with a guy that no matter what was wrong with the machinery at work would comment "sounds like a bad bearing" So we took to calling him "bearinghead". So when I got into reloading ammo I took the handle ammohead. The avatar is the best mule deer I have taken to date on one of them stalks where everything goes right. West of Gerlach, NV on the edge of the Smoke Creek Desert.

RP
01-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Well Iam not real smart about all the computer stuff so I put my full name after seeing it was going to be my sceen name I got a mod to remove my last name just leaving the first letter. But sure makes it easier in chat. Besides I never did have a another name you could use in public you know women and kids being around.

Dutch4122
01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Dutch is my nickname from my Army Reserve days while in college. Never realized at the time how much fun I was having. Biggest regret of my life was not volunteering for Desert Storm. Let my Dad (Vietnam Vet) and a girlfriend talk me out of it. Can't blame him at all for trying. Can't even remember her name now.

4122 is my badge number. Don't have much good to say about the last 18 years spent in law enforcement. The rare occasions when you can actually help somebody mean the most to me.

The Avatar is the unit crest from my old Field Artillery unit, now deactivated. "Duty Not Reward" speaks for itself.

lbaize3
01-16-2010, 07:50 PM
My screen name is my first initial and last name. The number 3 stands for the fact that I am now entering into my third childhood. The Avatar is me, simply because I could not think of a symbolic way of expressing myself. Guess that is why I simply say what is on my mind[smilie=s:

semtav
01-17-2010, 12:37 AM
South East MT Aviation

spent 25 yrs developing every bad habit imaginable shooting shotguns single handed from moving platforms at moving targets.
Now I'm trying to rid myself of those bad habits

Avatar is me when I was younger and better looking.

RayinNH
01-17-2010, 12:42 AM
The drool hanging is a nice touch, I've also seen your brother, another handsome dude [smilie=l:...Ray

lathesmith
01-17-2010, 06:50 PM
My screen name and avatar obviously go together, I've always loved working around machine tools, and the lathe in the avatar is where I do most of my machine work nowadays. I've always loved shooting, reloading, and hunting, but due to various factors I'm not able to spend as much time as I would like doing these things. I'd say that I'm more or less just of average ability as a shooter, although I like to think that maybe I do a little better with my machine work...

I have really enjoyed reading this thread, the forums here have a wide variety of talent and interests, and it's great to read of the collective experience of the members here. Thanks to all who have posted, I think it's great!

lathesmith

badgeredd
01-17-2010, 07:06 PM
A high school buddy always called me "Badger". He said it was a combination of bastardizing my last name and what he felt was a character trait of mine, bless his soul he passed away while we were still kids just after graduation. Guess he felt I could be "badger-ing" at times and I had the determination to get what I wanted. Of course my first name is Edd...spelled that way cause of another friend who said he thought I was odd to edd was a good fit....

My avatar is of course the mean old badger.

Edd

LouisianaMan
01-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Down here, the song "Louisiana Man" is a classic Cajun-style song often heard at local flavor types of events. Since I spent my 24 years in the service explaining to so many that I joined the Army to get a pair of shoes (ahem), I wanted a screen name with local significance. Even more so after I researched and wrote a book on my extended family in the Civil War--most were from Georgia & Alabama, but a number were from Louisiana. (See my website.)

As for the avatar, I grew up watching Vic Morrow (SSG Chip Saunders) win WWII each week with his Thompson SMG, so it was a real thrill to fire that weapon at the Annual History Department Historical Weapons Shoot at the US Military Academy, where I taught & enjoyed some of the most meaningful years of my career.

Gelandangan
01-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Born in Indonesia, currently living in Australia I am a "gelandangan" or translated to English as "drifter".
I drift around, a soul without a home.

Cactus Farmer
01-17-2010, 10:14 PM
I eat most of what I hunt and I live in the desert. Cactus are survivers, I'd like to think I am too. My small place isn't much but cactus,creosote and sage,but it's paid for......

schutzen
01-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I have a very stong German heritage that includes family shooting matches at every family reunion while growing up. Schutzenfest was already taken on another forum, so Schutzen.

I'm still looking for and avatar I like.

Gun-adian
01-19-2010, 01:37 AM
Gun-adian.......Gun loving, owning, using, fixing, loading, pry from my cold dead hands Canadian.

My avatar.....my daughter shooting for the first time when she was seven. She was so little that she couldn't get her arms around the stock of my 10/22. I put a .22 conversion kit in my M-4gery and collapsed the stock all the way down so it would fit her. She also couldn't see over the bench so she just crouched down on one of the stools. That was four years ago and she loves to shoot....and she's still little.

My sig line.....found it on the 'net while randomly surfing. It sums up my opinion of all slasher flicks.

Frozone
01-19-2010, 02:46 AM
I also thought the likeness to the name of a character in the animated movie "The Inedibles" would cheese off all the redneck gun nuts.
Do I have a sense of humor or what?

Lloyd Smale
01-19-2010, 07:23 AM
mines the one my mama gave me.

zardoz
01-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Hmmm. OK, here it is. A bit involved.

Sci-fi movie from the early 1970's.

The big stone head floated around, and would spit thousands of guns out of its mouth, to uh....., "the mercenaries" of a world in a distant future.

The ruling class (who created the big floating stone head, big as a house btw) wanted one of "the mercenaries" to clean them up, as they were immortal, and bored, and the whole crazy world was in need of serious political reform.

That "mercenary" was played by Sean Connery, who had a Webley-Fosbery revolver as his main hogleg.

The whole thing didn't make much sense, as it was sort of an attempt at commentary on a possible human condition.

Anyway, in the end, the guns set everything right for everybody. Everyone was set free. Sort of.....

zardoz was the name of the big floating stone head. It was a play on the phrase "Wizard of Oz", because it was a front for the "man behind the curtain".

A true avatar of sorts.

Just thought it makes a great internet handle.

IMDB link to the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/

MtGun44
01-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Saw the movie. I agree didn't make any sense. Liked the Webley-Fosbery, everything
else was just weird.

Bill

sucngas
01-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Howdy all, I'm still pretty new around here. My name is the license plate on the z28 I had restored a few years back, and that's it in the avatar. '79 t-top, 383 stroker, dynoed at 450 horse and over 500 lbft of torque. And yes, it does suck gas; it'll pass everything but a gas station. :bigsmyl2:

runnin lead
01-20-2010, 11:40 PM
In a historical novel trilogy I read in the 80'S Carry The Wind , Boarder Lords & One Eyed Dream by Terry Johnston casting roundball was refered to as runnin lead, I cast bullets & RB
so.......
They were a great read !

DistRifle
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Mine is easy. I earned a Distinquished Rifleman badge 12 years ago.

This is my first post - so I hope I don't mess it up.

SciFiJim
01-21-2010, 11:09 PM
DistRifle,
This is an excellent first post. Welcome to CastBoolits. Jump right in and have fun. Having earned a Distinguished Rifleman badge, I am sure you have good info to share.

Bad Water Bill
01-22-2010, 05:46 AM
runnin lead

It was a shame that Terry died so young. I enjoyed all of his books.

sqlbullet
01-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Well....It isn't what you might think.

About 11 years ago I was part of a company that was looking at the internet as a way to collect and distribute online video content. Two of the guys were film producers, I was the database programmer, we had also a webmaster and a Harvard MBA on the team. We were all young guys, me being the oldest at 28 or so.

We picked the name of our first (and only) site by taping random works on a couple of dice and rolling them. The site name was orangebullet. We all adapted a 'bullet' persona for communication. SQL is the acronym for Sequential Query Language, the predominant language for programming and interacting with databases, so I was sqlbullet. It is unusual enough that it is always (so far) available on a given forum or group, so I have kept using it.

The avatar is the television graphic from the homepage of that first site.

LAH
01-22-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't use an avatar yet. LAH for my first, middle, & last name. I sign my post Creeker because for 20 years I lived beside a creek and the name stuck. The creek's name became my company name.

Dry Creek Bullet Works

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Creekerpics/Picture474.jpg

Dry Creek Bullet Works
Dry Creek Firewood

TDB9901
02-03-2010, 12:39 PM
My initials, plus my badge number.

Current avatar is just a picture I found on net of my favorite target...... when I can get out and convince one to listen to my calling.

1Shirt
02-04-2010, 05:31 PM
No pic for avatar. 1Shirt is short for First Shirt, or 1st. Sgt, USAF.
1Shirt!:coffeecom

Pressman
02-06-2010, 02:07 PM
My pic is a Herter's Model 3 Improved press, one I do not have and want very badly.
Pressman; there are 150 or so in the basement.
Ken

gray wolf
02-09-2010, 09:38 PM
68 years old this month and I wonder at times how the years past so quickly.
In the sixties I thought it would be great to join the service, so I did.
I had to have Dad put his name on the paper cause I werent old enough.
we drove for about an hour till we got to the place ware we had to say good by.
I had said see ya to mom back at home. Dad and I didn't talk to much on the ride.
But then dad didn't have to much to say about some things. But he cried when I was leaving the car. I guess I will never forget that moment ( why should I )
Fast ahead and I am told I am a crew chief---wow that sounds great after all this stuff about fixed wing and rotary wing and airfoils, drag lift and pressure over the wing.
Well after being in country for a while I was told I was being up-graded to door gunner----What a fu--ing joke. Now I could hang out with my a$$ out a chopper
raining hell on people I didn't even know. Bad dream # 3 - I think.
Anyway not to get to long in the mouth, my next endever was was as a LEO
in Co. shield # 308. My first traffic stop was an FBI fugitive, and my last was a shooting that I came out on top of.
Fast ahead to many years latter and you see the place I live in now with Julie my wife, Ashly my Malamute and Sophie my mutt dog who I love.
Yes that's the little cabin far away from any paved road.
It's a place for people that want to to be left alone, and far from the people that wont leave them alone. I could take all the forum band width to fill in the blanks
between the years--but I wont. I have been shooting for a long time and love to reload. I get a little short with people at times, and my wife stands 3 feet away when she has to wake me.
Sometimes I ask her if I look old--she says no Hun --you just look a little worn.
So the avatar is me now in that little cabin with a wood stove, a great wife and my two dogs. If I get up on the right day and look out my window I may even see a Moose walk by. I have and it is a great site to see. No TV and the radio reception sucks. But Julie and I have a great time talking--and you know what?
the two dogs listen like they understood every word.
Life is good and I thank the lord I am still on the green side of the grass.
Thank you all for sharing your stories, It made me wont to say a little about me.

wiersy111
02-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Gray wolf your are where I want to be. My kids are graduating soon and starting their own path so mama and I are looking to find a place hidden behind the moon to grow old...er grow older. I just hope I can lose myself soon. Enjoy the peace and tranquility.

gray wolf
02-09-2010, 10:13 PM
It's there my friend--just got a want it enough and turn over a few rocks.
Be advised --you never want to go back.

wiersy111
02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
If ever given half a chance I'll never look back.

gray wolf
02-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Sometime you have to be on top of the mountain to see both sides.
If you fall down the wrong side it's hell gettin to the top again.
If you hold off to long --your mountain become a little hill and you can't see that far.

Bullshop Junior
02-09-2010, 11:06 PM
If ever given half a chance I'll never look back.
Remember, The Bullshop is for sale.....

autofix4u
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM
My name comes from what I do, fix everyone elses cars / trucks. And never have time to work on my own. It has been my AOL screen name for 15+ years. The avatar changes from time to time. Right now it happens to be my 2 favorate pistols. a 1953 CZ-52 and a 1953 Star Modelo Super. I have 9x19, 9mm largo and 7.62x25 barrels for both of them.
Thanks as always, Josh

harrya
02-09-2010, 11:45 PM
harrya = Harry A.
Been using it for years and years.

Bros. Outhuntn84 & BSKerj... guess we 3 can have our meeting now!

Sign line... change it once in awhile, like the one I have now, but have "borrowed" some from here that I like.
Have learned bunches already and really enjoyed meeting and learning about the members on the past 8 pages.

giz189
02-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Giz189=needed nickname for when I used to buy stuff on e-bay. Had a Yorkshire Terrier named Gizmo so that is where that came from. Have no recollection of how or why of the 189. Just found out day before yesterday how to do signature line...thought it might fit.

runfiveswife
02-11-2010, 02:56 PM
my avatar is my picture from high school very old if i do say so myself. and name it just sounded good when i signed up.

ChaplainJohn
02-11-2010, 08:03 PM
My title and first name
The pic. is a graphic representation of my badge.

02-11-2010, 08:10 PM
.357 my first gun and still my favorite caliber
my avatar is me and my ugly face with a mask on so i look cool!

cumminsnut76
02-11-2010, 08:59 PM
:castmine::bigsmyl2:cumminsnut because I love cummins diesel engines almost as much as I love Shooting and my avatar...... well you have to admit they do look nice don't you think?

Ole
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
I've always used "Ole" because it's what my buddies in the reserves called me. The "e" is a long vowel, pronounced like you'd pronounce the letter. OLEY!

My avatar is an action figure made in Japan because apparently someone there must think our President likes guns.

ghh3rd
02-12-2010, 06:05 PM
ghh3rd - ghh is my initials, and I am the III (third). Current pic is a pile of .38 Lee TL wadcutters (I call them my little soupcans). Since that pic I've casted .40 and .44, and have a new .44 mold coming, so my pic may be moving to a larger caliber sometime soon.

dukenukum
02-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Did you ever belong to Tripoli? Back in the heyday, I was a member (#880). I still have a couple of my rockets around. I will take some pics and post them.
Ron

Tripoli #1151 did you hear we spanked the Batfe in court last year?

Frozen Chosen
02-13-2010, 09:34 PM
My name "Frozen Chosen" is because of a saying I have that goes like this; "I'm one of the few, proud, FROZEN CHOSEN, that have the honor of being one of Alaska's finest". I've been in the interior of Alaska 35 years and 40 below used to be our cold weather cut off for playing in the woods, so often we would say my signature. My picture which I can't always get to work as my avatar, is a black wolf I recently trapped. By the way, I just caught his girlfriend this morning!

AZ-JIM
06-12-2011, 03:15 PM
I know this is an older thread but I just saw it and thought it was neat.....

Well...Az=where I live
Jim=my name
Avatar=William Wallace; Scottish patriot, freedom fighter, defender against tyranny. I am of Scottish decendence and I like the movie Braveheart
FREEEEEEEEDOMM the quote from the end of the movie where Wallace is being dissemboweled

gew98
06-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Well since it's been given new life. Gew98... my collectign passion the gewehr 1898 rifle of pre 1919 vintage. My avatar... buttstock of my 1911 Enfield made SMLE with the disc marked to the Kings Royal Rifles. And yes it is matching and it's condition is exemplary and she shoots like a dream.

skeet1
06-12-2011, 04:20 PM
John Wayne has always been a hero to me above all other cowboys. He was always kind of "what you see is what you get". Nothing phony!

Ken

Lead guy
06-12-2011, 05:02 PM
My first post! I'm not too original. Lead guy- I use lead and my body shape resembles a lead sinker

Avatar- consider myself a patriot and the picture was pretty cool

Still working on a signature

WildmanJack
06-12-2011, 05:08 PM
WEll, my Avitar is the Duke, always one of favorites along with Hoppy, and Roy. My real name backwards. Wildman was a great name to life up to when I was a kid, now I find it more difficult than I ever thought it would be...
Jack

DrB
06-12-2011, 05:15 PM
have never gotten involved with forums, so when I wanted to find a mold for 6.5 and wished to post a wtb, I figured the name was a throwaway.

Dr because "I didn't spend six years in evil graduate school to be called mister." :)
B for my last name.

No avatar picture as I haven't found one that I think interesting enough to bother with.

Carolina Cast Bullets
06-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Mine is easy. I am in South Carolina and I cast bullets, both for my own use and for sale to others. Been doing it in one way or another since th 70's. Cant see a reason to stop now. Avatar is my favorite boolit, my 230 grain TC Lee TL. Works for me and many others

As to signature, more or less self explanatory.

Jerry
Carolina Cast Bullets

Trey45
06-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Trey45, Trey is my name, 45 is my favorite caliber.
Picture is because I HATE spammers and completely enjoy crushing them under my spam hammer. DEATH TO SPAMMERS!
My signature should be pretty straight forward and easy to understand.

altheating
06-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Mine is Altheating.
I own a company called Alternative Heating Solutions, specializing in outdoor and indoor wood boilers and furnaces. Mostly gasification style now days.

Von Gruff
06-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Grouvolk Bruno von Gruff is the stud name for a very important member of our family. He is a Miniture Schnauser and a best friend. His name is my screen name on this and the other forums I visit. This is him at 12 months old. He is now 6.

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/VonGruff/BrunoVonGruff.jpg

Sig line is what I hunt with.

Von Gruff.

Bloodman14
06-12-2011, 07:58 PM
My brother came up with my e-mail address, so my handle is simply a modification of that; I like guns and everything related (that's why I joined the Army infantry!), and I am something of a nerd. Current avatar is me in my den in front of my computer (pic is a webcam snapshot), and my sig line is the truth and my endeavor.

firefly1957
06-12-2011, 08:15 PM
I have not put in a avatar yet but Firefly was my CB handle since about "72".

1bluehorse
06-12-2011, 08:24 PM
My avatar is of me and my Blue Roan Appaloosa, I've had him for many years and he's been my main riding horse and a good boy. In all the hard places we've been together, he never, ever, quit on me. He just turned twenty-five a few months ago and has been "retired" for a couple years now. I'm writting this because today as he was running with the other horses he just fell over dead. I'm assuming it was his heart, of which his was huge..gonna miss him. Burial is tomorrow..:cry:

I will not be changing my avatar...http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/ruger45s/packtrip029.jpg

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I've always used JonB_in_Glencoe or JonB_in_MN
for the many many forums I visit.
I have chose to not try to make an Alias...just use my name.
Jon B. is my name.
In the past, many forums didn't offer a Location ID.
Since, I am always curious as to where people are from,
Out of courtesy, I worked my location into my user name.
I live in Glencoe, Minnesota.

"Seinfeld" is one of my favoite TV shows,
I often quote lines and/or scenes from episodes.
Although I look may look more like Newman.
Kramer has become my alter ego.
WHY ? ...it's kind of a long story...I'll make it short.
I brew my own beer.
I belong to a homebrew club.
The club has a website and a forum: jackofallbrews.org
members of my Homebrew club find it difficult
to understand how I can "get by" financially without a full time Job,
and not only get by, but actually live large, in my own way.
much like Kramer...so they started calling me Kramer.

I try to change my signature line once in a while,
in fact this one is getting old.

madsenshooter
06-12-2011, 08:41 PM
My handle came from my first highpower rifle, a Madsen model 47 that I bought at a yard sale for $185. My avatar is me shooting one of my 92/96 Krag rifles in a CBA benchrest match. My signature I picked up because I was a nutrition w/biological science major in the 90s, and Thomas Jefferson is my favorite founding father. Most of you have no idea what the stuff you're putting into yourself is doing to you, nor do those who are supposed to. An example, have you read a bread label lately. Most all you can buy has this stuff called azidocarbamide in it, it's been banned in several countries. It's the same stuff used to make foam rubber expand before it's baked. Can't wait for the yeast to work, got to shove those loaves in the oven quick. Another example: Here in the US, Omega 6 fatty acids are being pushed as heart healthy because of their anti-inflammatory effect. In Europe though, the Omega 6s are suspected of causing colon cancer. I also dabble in herbal medicine. Recently there's been an explosion of research in that area, trying to find herbals effective against bacteria that have developed immunity to govt approved antibiotics.

Jim Flinchbaugh
06-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm not very imaginative. I just copied what is said on my drivers license.
To lazy to do an avatar

Love Life
06-12-2011, 09:30 PM
My screen name is what it is because at the time I joined the forum I was having a wonderful time and figured I love life. So it is what I put. It is a bit odd and can be taken different ways, but I have grown used to it.

My avatar is a picture of me and my buddies on 2007. We just got done with a pretty hairy deployment to Ar Ramadi, Iraq from September 2006-May 2007. We were celebrating our survival by stuffing our faces with a gross amount of food from the Mcdonalds in camp Victory Kuwait, or is it Camp Virginia now?

My signature is the quote that I live my life by, and it stands true.

69daytona
06-12-2011, 09:42 PM
My screen name is one of my favorite all time cars ( 1969 Dodge Daytona), Currently restoring one in my garage.
My Avatar is two of the cars I have restored and drive all the time, 1939 Packard V12 7 passenger touring and a 1940 Packard 180 Super Eight, was the show car for the 1939 worlds fair in San Francisco. These cars represent what was good in America before and after WW2, Now days the only thing that reminds me of the pride in America is our Armed Forces.

canyon-ghost
06-12-2011, 09:53 PM
I use the screen name of canyon-ghost. It was originally an e-mail address and profile from the old Yahoo 360 blogs. When I first used it, it connected to a lady in California and I had to ask permission to have the name. There was a significant romantic story about the Grand Canyon behind it.

I wanted it because our range is really in the bottom of a canyon, only in Texas. I take care of the place sometimes. The avatar is one of the first big bore Contenders (anything besides rimfire qualifies) that I put together to shoot there. I think it may be the 22 Hornet match barrel and 4-12AO Leupold VXII.

Frosty Boolit
06-12-2011, 09:58 PM
It's the only thing I've ever seen fall from my molds!

Blammer
06-12-2011, 10:05 PM
the handle "so big make woman cry'' was too long to type. :)

azcruiser
06-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Live IN AZ and have some Toyota Land Cruisers that get me there and back so far ?

Armorer
06-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Back when I was active duty I was an MOS 2111 or Armorer. A grunt with a tool box more or less. 2/4, 2/6 & 1/23 I'm sure y'all understand the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

Recluse
06-13-2011, 12:05 AM
My avatar is of me and my Blue Roan Appaloosa, I've had him for many years and he's been my main riding horse and a good boy. In all the hard places we've been together, he never, ever, quit on me. He just turned twenty-five a few months ago and has been "retired" for a couple years now. I'm writting this because today as he was running with the other horses he just fell over dead. I'm assuming it was his heart, of which his was huge..gonna miss him. Burial is tomorrow..:cry:

I will not be changing my avatar...http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/ruger45s/packtrip029.jpg

VERY sorry about your horse. . .

I love Apps. Grew up on the back of a quarter horse (typical Texas ranch) and that was about all I rode and worked until I joined the Air Force. In the northwest, me and some other cowboy types made an arrangement with some ranchers in Wyoming to do a little cowboying in exchange for hunting and fishing privileges.

That's where I met my first Appaloosa and it was love at first ride.

I know a lot of people cuss 'em up one side and down the other. Not me. Apps are steeds for horsemen. Riders can take whatever they can catch and saddle up, but Appaloosas seem to require respect and confidence.

They are, beyond a doubt, THE most sure-footed horse I have ever ridden and worked, and they can come of a stand-still even faster than a quarter-horse. Reminds me of mustangs.

I found they can be somewhat of a challenge to train now and then, depending on lines, conditions and environment, but I've yet to meet one that couldn't be trained and handled as well--if not better--than any other breed, including the warm bloods.

Love 'em. I also think asthetically that they are the prettiest horses out there.

Again, sorry to hear about your boy.

1bluehorse
06-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Recluse, thanks for the sentiments, and yes the Appaloosa can be a little hard headed but the Foundation bred Appy's, deep heartgirth, greyhound quarters, long fine neck and legs, good feet, (not the Quarter horse look-a-likes they try to breed today) are all day horses. Blues Magic Wonder (his registered name) had more bottom than any other horse I've owned. It's good to hear from someone else who appreciates what a fine breed they are. Thanks again.

Von Gruff
06-13-2011, 12:53 AM
today as he was running with the other horses he just fell over dead. I'm assuming it was his heart, of which his was huge..gonna miss him. Burial is tomorrow..:cry:

Hard to bear the loss of one who has been such a long lived companion, but what better way for one to go. Still strong enough to run.
Comiserations and best to you.

Von Gruff.

sisiphunter
06-13-2011, 01:38 AM
my avatar is myself and my son. Im showing him and teaching him about the prone position with his 22.

my name is sisiphunter. Sisip is Cree (native american tribe in the plains and across Canada) for Duck and of course hunter. Im a bit of a duck hunter I guess.

Cap'n Morgan
06-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Summer of '83. Good friends and a campfire. Had a showdown with a bottle of Morgan rum. When the hangovers lifted I found myself stuck with the name.

Longwood
06-13-2011, 03:31 AM
I'm writting this because today as he was running with the other horses he just fell over dead. I'm assuming it was his heart, of which his was huge..gonna miss him. Burial is tomorrow..:cry:

Sorry to hear about your companion.
That's the way I hope to go,,, with one foot in the air.

OeldeWolf
06-13-2011, 03:38 AM
I got started on the net way back, on the old yahoo chat rooms. Oelde because I was one of the oldest people in the room, and later because my main pistols were 1860 Colt Army replicas. So the old french worked well.
Wolf, because i had some traits in common. Protective of family, strongly family oriented, overly responsible, could play at times with the young folk, and a fierce fighter if protecting family. I also always loved Kipling's wolves. :)

The sig line should be self explanatory. I earned the nickname Mr Mauser from the clerks at the local gun store, as I tended to pick up the best of the Mauser that came in. Few of mine are splendid examples, never had the cash for that. But they all have matching numbers, and function well.

Longwood
06-13-2011, 03:54 AM
My name is my Pornstar handle.

Hardly, excuse the pun, it is because of my love of full length wood stocked rifles.

My Avatar is a apartment building in Holden Washington (a copper mining town) for the miners with no children, where I lived from 1947 to 1953. Google Earth it, it is in an awesome area. Nearly a ghost town since they gave it to a religious group and tore down all of the homes many years ago. The dirt road to town was only 12 miles long and the only road for almost fifty miles.
Our house was the one at the far end of this (second photo) street.
The first photo is the Post Office and mess hall for the bachelor miners.
I went through the fifth grade in a three room school there and four years of us were in the same room. In 53, I was in the same room as my sister who was in the eighth grade. I was the only boy in the fifth grade with 6 girls and I was in love with two of them.

Ajax
06-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Well since I had my name changed on here i thought i would repost. I use to be known as Bigthicketthunter. My name is a nick name i was given in the service due to my given name. My given name is Andrew Jackson hence Ajax. My sig line is the best argument i have ever gave the anti crowd. It really makes them think.

Andy

bobthenailer
06-13-2011, 08:51 AM
My BIL named me Bobthenailer after reading Stepan Hunters books about Bob lee Swagger, & i happen to be a pretty good shot with anything that has a trigger on it. my passion is handgun shooting , Ive shot about every hand gun game except cowboy & idpa . currently I have slowed down to just Bullesey shooting where i have maintained a High Master classification for the past 16 years. i used to shoot in 2 to 3 various kinds of pistol shooting matches a week for over 25 years .

midnight
06-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Ashamed to say I didn't give much thought to my handle. When I joined my first forum I didn't have a clue what I was doing (much like now) and they said I had to pick a name. Since I had just buried my 20+yr old cat named Midnight, it was the first thing that came into my head. I stuck with it after some folks asked if I was the same midnight from another forum. My avatar is the first iteration of the 50BMG I cast boolits for. I think this forum is the only one where I was able to post an avatar. It's the only one I've seen that allows me to browse my own computer to post a pic. All the others I had to use photobucket or something like it and never could get it to work. I am self taught on all this computer stuff and just stumble around til I figure it out. My signature translated from Latin means,
If the enemy is in range, so are you.

Bob

keyhole
06-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Name "keyhole" is from all the initial problems I had shooting cast bullets in a newly acquired .38 Super.
Avatar is that of a duck I saw one day on our pond. It is a Mandarin, native to Chin and Japan.

HollowPoint
06-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Other than the fact that I really don't have any good picks of myself, I've chosen the "No Avatar" concept more-or-less out of laziness.

Since I'm generally just another face in the crowd here I thought it fitting to leave my little Avatar space blank for now.

I have enjoyed many of the ones that have been posted though. Very interesting.

As far as my username is concerned, I chose it because all of the good usernames were already taken; and because I have this ongoing fascination with the workings of hollow pointed bullets.

HollowPoint

pmeisel
06-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Just my initial and name, and a picture of our front yard during our annual single day of winter.

Moonie
06-13-2011, 11:21 AM
As a child I had a friend that gave me a rather odd nickname that had the name moonie in it. The first time I was ever online was at his house and talking with his sister, we figured she would recognize the name "moonie" without using the entire nickname. It worked and I've been moonie online ever since. The avatar is Tux, the Linux penguin, I've been a Linux Systems Administrator for 16 years, and I figured Tux carrying a huge gun was appropriate for this forum ;-)

exblaster
06-13-2011, 12:23 PM
My avatar is a master explosive or dance disposal badge. It is what I wore when I retired.
My screen name is Exblaster cause I do not do that anymore.

Exblaster

thehouseproduct
06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
My screen name is a carry over from a bicycle forum. I used to manufacture some parts under that name.

onesonek
06-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Avatar is the logo of my holster business. The name was given to me my uncle after we, He built my first Ruger #1, back in "75". Been pretty much a single shot guy my whole life.

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-13-2011, 01:52 PM
My screen name is a carry over from a bicycle forum. I used to manufacture some parts under that name.

Great to know another pedalpower Gearhead (lol) is on this forum.
Back in the early and mid 1980's I had a side business repairing
bicycles "little Jon's Bicycle Utopia" I collected Bikes in dis-repair.
At my peak in 1985, I moved to another town,
I probably had 200 bikes/frames with various parts missing as
my used parts source for repairs, hence the name...junk bikes
came to my Utopia instead of the landfill.

I told my Garbage Hauler to save any frames that he came across.
He'd drop off 2 or 3 junk bikes each week. Small town life is awesome.
Jon

Calamity Jake
06-13-2011, 02:24 PM
When I started doing the CAS thing(18+ years ago) I needed an alias, as I have famliy tree proof that I am a cousin to Calamity Jane, hence!! Calamity Jake

My avatar is just on of the smiths I own.

Dean D.
06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
I missed this thread somehow. My username is my first name and middle initial.

My current avatar is an illustration of the pin given to me upon qualifying to perform honor guard services at veterans funerals. The pin is issued by the Dept. of Defense to those who qualify.

35isit
06-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I missed this one too. My screen name came from a question I was once asked. I have been a silhouette shooter for 26 years now. I have slung a lot of j-word and boolits down range in that time. I was asked what my highest score was. At the time I said "it seems 35 is it that's all I can get. My avatar is my custom XP-100.

W.R.Buchanan
06-13-2011, 04:15 PM
My name is William R.Buchanan The R. stands for Randall and I go by Randy.

I use W.R.Buchanan as my internet handle on all forums. Some people say I'm nuts for doing this. I don't care it is my name!

I don't have an avatar yet. Maybe some day I'll figure something cool out.

My signature is a saying I made up all by myself, and it is one I live by.

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It's how well you do, what you DON'T know how to do!

It essentially means "diversity is the key to success"

I am not a one trick pony! :holysheep

Randy

captaint
06-13-2011, 04:24 PM
My screen name came from a work thing. I'm the #2 guy at work. The #1 guy is "less than efficient", let's say. One of my guys says to me, in front of the #1 guy "We all know who really runs this ship. We know who the Captain really is". He does this just to bust on #1. Then somebody finds a plastic ships wheel and puts it on the wall over my desk. Then they find a lift preserver and that goes on the same wall. All this just to bust stones on #1. Since then my guys all call me Captain. My last name begins with T.
While I was in the Army, I was not an officer..... When I do create my avitar, it will be something like a 1911 and an 1873 SAA. My two favorite guns. That's my story. Mike

walltube
06-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Lithgow (1941) No.1 Mk.III. There is much to suggest this rifle was treated to a FTR and carefully stored before making its way to the USA. Nary a blemish or dent in the coachwood furniture. Same applies to the metal. Bore and 5 grooves are sharp and deep. My best shooting Enfield with Parker-HalePH5A and Buffalo Arms cheek pad with .75" comb. Al Nelson's Night Owl Express 316299, 23 gr. 4198 is our answer to the 'Happy Meal"

"walltube" comes from 37 yrs. a boilermaker. Steam! the original renewable resource.

swamp
06-13-2011, 11:03 PM
My avatar is my 577 Snider sporter made by I. Hollis & Son. My last name is Marsh, been called swamp since a kid.

Southern Son
06-14-2011, 01:48 AM
My screen name is Southern Son. It is an Australian thing, from a song by Lee Kernighan.

I have yet to put up an avatar, I just cannot settle on one thing. I was going to use a photo of my dogs, but the avatar photos are too small and you just wouldn't be able to how cute they are. Then I thought I could use a photo of me, but the avatar photo would be to big and everyone would see just how ugly I am.

songdog53
06-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Screen name songdog 53 ...the songdog is for the coyotes i hunt to keep them from doing damage to deer fawns....the 53 was when i stopped counting my age. The picture is what i look like when get out of bed in morning or when taking nap. Real name Michael but so many of us thought would be hard to find anything that wasn't taken.

chuckbuster
06-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Name came from my "Animal Damage Control" days, made a great slogan "Who ya gonna call, Chuckbusters.

Avatar is me and Dad with my 2009 Whitetail. .41 Mag Blackhawk and a Cast Boolit handload did the trick.

SmuvBoGa
06-14-2011, 09:03 PM
SmuthBo Ga equals Smooth Bore in Georgia, way too long to say here in the South.

My picture is one of flintlock Smuth Bo, has to be one of the prettiest shooters going, ham hard to shoot too.

JohnMc :popcorn:

lgvenable
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
My screen name is lgvenable, just like my initals and last name. I use the same name on many forums.

My avatar is because I loved Pinky and the Brain as my grandson grew up.

BTW Von Gruff; you gotta love that dog! We raised three miniature Schnauzers over the first 20 years of our marriage, and have just gotten two more; they are my favorites!

Schnauzers are one of the things I love way more than.... sacrilege for some...guns or boolits!

BD
06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
My handle is my initials, as well as the nickname I picked up at Penn State in the early '70's where my group of friends apparently felt that I fit in about like the Doonesbury character of the same nick name at the time. My Avatar is from a rally held at my wife's cafe for Fred Thompson at the beginning of the last presidential campaign. I know it's no longer relavent, but I haven't gotten around to changing it yet. Maybe this will motivate me.
BD

Von Gruff
06-14-2011, 09:57 PM
BTW Von Gruff; you gotta love that dog! We raised three miniature Schnauzers over the first 20 years of our marriage, and have just gotten two more; they are my favorites!

Schnauzers are one of the things I love way more than.... sacrilege for some...guns or boolits!

Know what you mean. It would be a cold day in hell before anything came ahead of Bruno. He navigates when we go hunting.:D:D

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/VonGruff/016-1.jpg

Von Gruff.

X-Pilot
06-14-2011, 11:05 PM
X-Pilot because I was a chopper pilot in the Army's 1st. Cav Division back when the Army was an Army. The Avatar is self explanatory. My signature is my hope that God will once again Bless America

Thanks to all who have served!

63 Shiloh
06-16-2011, 06:16 AM
My avatar is of the Royal Australian Regiment RAR, INF.

There is a bit of explanation to it.

1. The Queens Crown at the top represents our allegiance to the Queen,

2, The Kangaroo is chosen as it can only move forward, never backwards.

3. The Boomerang is to represent that we will bring everyone home.

4. The Wreath is to remember our mates KIA

5. The crossed rifles represent our job, Rifleman.

6. Our motto printed on the Boomerang is the Regiments, 'Duty First'.

I picked 63 Shiloh as its my most treasured rifle, found it in the back of a gunshop, no one really knew much about it. I bought it and did some research, very interesting history as members of N-SSA would know.

Mike

Czech_too
06-16-2011, 06:39 AM
My avatar is a picture of a sculptur, located in Praha, Czech Republic, dedicated to all those whose lives were ruined while under Communist rule. Since I'm an amatuer, but avid, genealogy buff it only seems appropriate for my screen name to reflect my ancestry.

WRideout
06-16-2011, 07:05 AM
My screen name is just my first initial, and my last name. Kind of unimaginative.

My avatar is a picture of an M110 howitzer, eight-inch, self-propelled. When I lived in California, I served first as an enlisted medic, then as a lieutenant in the 1-144 Field Artillery, California Army National Guard. The guns are all gone now, changed over to rockets, but I loved those old things. We had three-gun batteries (which is not very many guns compared to a 155mm battalion) but they shot a 200 pound HE projectile, and could put them into a barrel at 18 Km all day.

I have also served in the 9th Infantry Division, 1-41 FA (Pershing), 196th FA Brigade TN Army National Guard, and 28th Division PA Army National Guard. I'm too old and fat now to do that any more, but I do miss those days.

Wayne

Bomberman
06-16-2011, 07:18 AM
My avatar is a "flaming pisspot", the symbol of ordnance and munitions workers. The name, Bomberman, comes from the fact that I've been in the bomb building business for the military for over thirty years plus it's the name of a game that my kids used to play where the guy goes around blowing stuff up to solve a maze type puzzle.

LAH
06-20-2011, 08:11 AM
My avatar is a picture of an M110 howitzer, eight-inch, self-propelled.

I loved those old things.

Wayne

I've hauled many, many turret bearings for those howitzers.

LAH
06-20-2011, 08:12 AM
My avatar is a "flaming pisspot", the symbol of ordnance and munitions workers. The name, Bomberman, comes from the fact that I've been in the bomb building business for the military for over thirty years plus it's the name of a game that my kids used to play where the guy goes around blowing stuff up to solve a maze type puzzle.

The Radford Plant???

375supermag
06-20-2011, 04:22 PM
My screen name is the caliber of one of my Dan Wesson revolvers.

No avatar...at least, not yet.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/375supermag/100_0758.jpg

crabo
06-21-2011, 01:37 AM
My screen name is the caliber of one of my Dan Wesson revolvers.

No avatar...at least, not yet.

Take a picture of it!

white eagle
06-21-2011, 09:58 AM
yep thats me
avatar pretty much self explanatory

dieguy59
06-22-2011, 03:21 AM
I got into the whole gun thing late and as such I had to find a way to catch up to friends ands family that had already started filling thier cabinets. So, I started wheelin' n dealin' in whatever I could afford to get ahead. Turns out reloading dies were a cheap thing to buy and sell. Not being able to buy the 5-6 guns someone was selling, I'd buy all the reloading equipment. Keeping some and selling the doubles to pay for the occassional gun. It's a slow way to fill the safe, but what can you do. Nobody else was into the reloading equipment at the shows, so it was kind of my thing. There was a time when I had in my collection over 100 different calibers. Now I'll probably take the same path with molds. Hehe

As for the '59'. As a car guy, the #1 car on my list is a 1959 Chevrolet El Camino. First year of production. The 348 tri-power, cat's eye taillights,the lines, analog gauge pods and oak bed...beautiful!

Creativity will hit and I will eventually have an avatar. Hopefully sooner than later

Bullwolf
06-22-2011, 04:56 AM
My avatar is pretty obvious. It's a picture of a black Labrador asleep with it's tongue hanging out, so it looks like its giving you a raspberry - thpppttttt!

I love Labs, and there will always be a couple of them in my life. I have a black Labrador sitting at my feet right now while I am typing this up.

I like buffalo, bulls, and wolves... so the name sort of called out to me.

- Bullwolf

pmer
06-24-2011, 02:59 AM
The P is the first letter of my first name.

My Avatar is last years deer hunt. The one on the right is a buck and he was a long shot with a 308 Win. heavy barreled Winchester Stealth. It has a match chamber and fire lapped barrel.

The doe on the left is my first deer with a hand gun and my own 452424 boolit. 8.5 grains of Unique, it went through and broke her back. It was snowing and the last day of the season. It was a sleaty and snowy day, infact that morning, I lost a doe from the same deer stand. I brought the rifle up on her and in wet snow, I had a foggy scope. The sight picture looked good enough so I fired and she fell and stayed there. I figured DRT and waited about 5 minutes. I climbed down and walked over and she was gone. I think she ran as I was climbing down because I didn't notice her departure.

I was in a sliver of woods between a picked bean field and a swamp. She fell near the swamp and thats were she went. It was snowing hard and heavy and branches were breaking in the woods from the weight of snow and ice. I tracked her in the swamp till the water got too deep for my boots and went back for higher boots and to warm up. Not wanting to wait too long I went back out in a hour and tracked to the other side of the swamp. From the blood I could she was bouncing off of trees and having trouble but I lost her at the edge of the swamp. Too much snow. From there I searched for 2 hours; in one place I could smell a deer like it was laying near by but nothing.

That whole time I left the rifle at home and was tracking the Blackhawk in my pocket and it was alot easier to navigate the swamp that way. The .45 Colt BH is what got me into casting and it did a number on that deer in the Avatar

Crash_Corrigan
06-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Many years ago in another life I was piloting a NYCPD cruiser down through a city street on a very heavy emergency call (a cop needed help NOW) and a Taxi Cab has double parked on a narrow street and with my siren screaming and the turret lights flashing this brain surgeon opend his drivers door just as I was passing him by at about 45 MPH.

I took off his door and kept on going to the call. I was the first help to arrive at the scene and my partner and I were able to help him subdue a very large and nasty felon after he had cut his wife into tiny little pieces with a machete.

Some time later we were called back to the Precinct as the taxi driver came into the station house to make a complaint. We discussed this with the Desk Lieutenant and promptly issue a citation to the driver for failing to yield right of way to an emergency vehicle and opening a door into a lane of moving traffice.

He was not a happy camper and from then on my Police friends called me Crash Corrigan.

The avitar was a photo I found on the internet and I immediately stole it. I always pack heat when riding and it is usually riding in a brown leather holster on my right hip. This very visible way kind of prevents folks from cutting me off and doing other nasty things when I am vunerable on a motorcycle.

Plus that darn photo is just WAY COOL!

Mossy Nugget
06-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Name comes from a trip to the local gun show where I plunked down $79 for an M91-30 that my son could call his own. A fellow outside asked me what it was, so I responded in my very best Russia/Belgian accent; It's a Mosin Nagant. (Moe-zeen-nah-gaunt). My accent must have been off, because he asked if I said "mossy nugget". My son and I were amused. That rifle and I both go by that name. The Avatar is an Anime character named Jigen from Lupin the Third. He is known for making unlikely pistol shots such as shooting the buttons off your pants and causing them to fall down.

Ohio Rusty
06-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Mine is pretty explanatory : God-n-Guns .... The two great thing in life .......

Ohio Rusty ><>

hiram1
07-11-2011, 10:19 PM
hiram1 is masonic thing

30CAL-TEXAN
07-11-2011, 10:35 PM
My avatar is a clownfish playing in his anemone.

This is actually my clownfish that resides in the Reef Aquarium in my living room.

My screen name is just a generalization of me - I am a Texan obsessed with .30 cal US service weapons and I have found few things more enjoyable then slinging lead out of them!

hitch.bd
07-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Hi guys, I guess this is as good a place to make my first post as any... so here goes
My name is parts of my full name twisted about and my avatar is the regiment I was in when I was in the army. I was in the Royal Canadian Regiment. ( to all my American brothers...before you ask ,Yes Canada does have an Army!!!) Had to beat you to it!!

SciFiJim
07-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Hitch, tried to think up a good dig or joke about Canada and an army, but couldn't come up with one right away. Welcome to Cast Boolits!

bruce drake
07-12-2011, 02:03 AM
My Name and a Picture of Me.

Simple and to the point.

Gets the message across better.

Bruce

Artful
07-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Hitch, we know you have an army and some dandy snipers in it too.

My names Art - some said I was full of it so - that made up Artful
The car is one on several avatars I use depending upon the board
it's one of the most bootiful I saw in a museum display "curves of steel" that came Phoenix
1938 Delahaye model 165 Figoni et Falaschi Cabriolet
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=85616&highlight=1936&page=2

Some other avatars I have used
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5728/dwarfriflemanbylolongx.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9317/dsc06026i.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/dsc06026i.jpg/)

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/5809/dsc05731tj2.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/45/dsc05731tj2.jpg/)

Tom-ADC
07-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Name is Tom the ADC stands for Chief Aviation Machinist Mate avatar is a navy chiefs collar device. Started using Tom-ADC on navy forum and it sort of stuck.

bootsnthejeep
07-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Well, I got dubbed Boots my junior year in high school. It's a shorter, more easily pronounced version of my last name. My Biology teacher just busted that out randomly in class one day, and you know how nicknames catch on...

And the rest of it is the fact that my first vehicle when I was 16 was my Jeep CJ7. I still have it, in one form or another, its been thru several major overhauls. We were pretty much inseparable. If you saw one of us, the other one probably wasn't far away. And at least one of us was probably leaking.

Guess my avatar isn't there anymore. Gonna have to look into that... It was a good one too.

Doby45
07-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Doby45 is from one of my favorite breeds of dog and my favorite caliber of handgun.

The picture is an image of a pup needing some dental work..

Signature is something my old highschool shop teacher taught me. You can only ever have two of the three, so pick wisely..

OBIII
07-13-2011, 03:53 PM
User Name, Orrie Bruce. I am the III and last, ergo OBIII. The OB actually got started back in the Marines in the 70's when I had to sign so many documents, I just started using my initials and a co-worker stuck it on me.
Avatar: I have been a fan of Garfield since he first appeared. I have always been a cat lover, love dogs too.
Signature: The Oath, once taken, is never rescinded. I have more fear of Domestic enemies these days than I do of Foreign ones. However, in the future, if we do not vote these Socialist's out, we may once again have to fear both equally.

Semper Fi.

shdwlkr
07-13-2011, 04:49 PM
My avatar tells it like it is if you want to be free you have to fight for it. if not then your president is doing a great job. NO he is not who I wanted in the White House and no I don't care what race he is. Don't care if he has a birth certificate either as it isn't going to make much difference.
The Republicans are a disgrace as a party and for that matter so are the Democrats. Yes some in each party see the way things are going but far to many see the gold they can put in their pockets and drink to much of Obama cool aide.
As a country we are 90% gone and it will take a lot to fix the screw ups that have occurred in the last 60 years

no34570
07-13-2011, 06:04 PM
My Avatar & username are from,my favourite rifle,A Ruger No3 45/70,so no34570 and my avatar is my boolits out of my CBE softnose mould weighing in at 430gr,with the option of a 135gr K type nose,weighing in at 355gr,the base is 220gr,but that is not shown.
Believe me,these boolits make a wallop when they hit pigs and what ever else I can use it on :)

Down South
07-15-2011, 09:22 AM
The Down South part is self explanatory. My avatar of Yosemite Sam and his animated demeanor somewhat reminds me of myself from time to time plus we have the same name.

hitch.bd
07-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Hitch, tried to think up a good dig or joke about Canada and an army, but couldn't come up with one right away. Welcome to Cast Boolits!

Thanks Jim, Chances are anything you coulda said or thought up has been said over the years!!! I hope to learn a lot from "all o youall"!!
Hitch

Down South
07-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks Jim, Chances are anything you coulda said or thought up has been said over the years!!! I hope to learn a lot from "all o youall"!!
Hitch
In southern terms that would be spelled Ya'll :kidding:

no34570
07-15-2011, 06:33 PM
The Down South part is self explanatory. My avatar of Yosemite Sam and his animated demeanor somewhat reminds me of myself from time to time plus we have the same name.
What Yosemite? :) :) ,just kidding ;)

home in oz
07-15-2011, 09:00 PM
I am a retired Engineer Soldier.

Good branch!

Hoo-ah!

And I am home in oz, (Kansas), no where exotic.