PDA

View Full Version : Explain your avatar and name.

Pages : 1 [2]

Cariboo
07-21-2011, 01:00 AM
The Cariboo is the area I fell in love with after having traveled in 6 provinces & 49 states
My avatar a pic of my youngest son & me many moons ago

exile
07-21-2011, 02:39 AM
I use "exile" because although I grew up in Kansas, my wife and I moved to her home town in Nebraska. Nice place, but it isn't Kansas. Also because the Bible says that we are aliens
and strangers here on this earth. This isn't my home, I'm just passing through on my way to someplace better.

My avatar is my Ruger flattop in .41 magnum. I know most people don't get excited about them because it's not an original flattop caliber, but I love it. I wish someone had introduced me to the .41 magnum sooner. Knife is a Cold Steel SRK that I bought years ago when I was single, too big to be of any real use, but what the heck, I put it in there anyway.

I am a retired vocational rehabilitation counselor.

exile

maglvr
07-21-2011, 04:01 AM
No avatar because I haven't found just the right one to bring across the true, inner-me, the real me, all of my wishes, wants , dreams and desires, not only for myself, but for the peace and happiness of mankind as a whole!! OK, it's because i'm lazy!!
My name? now that is a very complex matter indeed! I'm not sure we the have time to explore the true depths of it all, but OK, here goes!
I Love Magnums(357, 41 & 44) :)

linotype
07-21-2011, 11:53 AM
My avatar is my favourite handgun cartridge - the .45 Colt.
Started with a cheap import .357 handgun, moved up to a .357 Blackhawk, and hunted with a Super Blackhawk for years. That all changed after a few Skeeter Skelton articles on heavy .45 Colt bullet over 6 grains of Unique. Enjoyed many Ruger and import .45 Colt single actions over the years.

The name came from my younger days in high school when I “haunted” the Mergenthaler Linotype (line-of-type) machine and an old time operator at a local newspaper. Really got in to the hot lead typesetting and printing part of the business.
Got the nickname one day when the page typesetter was trying to fill a page and need a few more lines of type to square it up.
He yelled out, “More linotype!”
The machine operator handed me (the gopher) a tray of ready to go line type, and said, “Hey young mister Linotype, sounds like he's calling you.”
The nickname stuck and that's all they called me from then on.

When I started casting I gathered up all the surplus linotype I could find.
Guess I'm still moving linotype after all these years!

troyboy
07-22-2011, 07:39 PM
User name is the same as mine, Troy. Avatar is a picture of the big diggers I tend too.

MBTcustom
07-24-2011, 06:13 PM
My avatar is a picture I took of myself while hunting in my favorite spot so I could show my wife that I was still alive. That was the best hunting season of my life. I shot my first deer with a muzzle loader, I shot my first deer with a recurve bow (pictured), I finaly got the 300 yard shot that I have always dreamed of "and I pulled it off", I won the arkansas Triple Trophy Award with those three deer, and last but not least, that was the year that I killed my first deer with a cast lead boolit. When searching for an avatar, I could find no better picture that describes me better than this one of me hunting in the Ozarks.

My handle is one that I took from my childhood. Here in Conway Arkansas there was a knife-maker in the 80s named Ken West. He had a shop down-town when Conway was still small called Kens Spit & Whittle". He had a love of bone handled knives and when he was showing one of his knives to a customer, he would always say "this is a good knife: good steel, bone handles" I always wanted to spend time at the Spit & Whittle, but Ken died suddenly of an aneurysm in his brain. He was the one person that I always wanted to get to know, but died before I had the chance. I use this handle as a way to honor his memory. Not only that, but I have a very deep appreciation for goodsteel.

Newtire
08-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Named myself Newtire after getting divorced. I heard that these folks were called retreads and didn't like that title so came up with Newtire. The Avatar is me breaking a claybird with my old Savage 24.

gmsharps
08-04-2011, 09:20 AM
My initials and then my fascination with the Sharps Rifle. My Avatar is the first of 21 45 ACP cases pulled from the ground at the site where SGT York earned his Medal of Honor.

GM

GRid.1569
08-05-2011, 03:25 PM
GRid.1569 = Gallery Rifle ID 1569 = my compeditor number in the U.K. target shooting circuit...

Sometimes get lucky... real lucky...

My Avatar... well I didn't have one until I saw this...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/107034e3c41bfc5ba1.jpg

I just had too crop this gutsy grey....

DCM
08-07-2011, 02:06 PM
I used to shoot a lot Of DCM matches before they became the CMP.

I haven't found an avatar to suit my fancy.

Nueces
08-13-2011, 10:06 PM
My avatar is my old unit patch. The Outlaws were the 704th Tac Fighter Squadron, Bergstrom AFB, Texas. The dude is a likeness of Waylon Jennings from the cover of his album "The Outlaws."

The Nueces River in south Texas runs by our old gunnery range south of San Antonio and figured in a lot of early Texas history.

Mark

slide
08-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Growing up I was a huge fan of monster movies,especially The Wolfman. I have been a revolver shooter for a lot of years and about two years ago I got a Kimber 45. My grandson and I were looking it over and he said PaPa you gotta work the slide. Thus the nickname.

Rio Grande
08-13-2011, 10:31 PM
My avatar is my old unit patch. The Outlaws were the 704th Tac Fighter Squadron, Bergstrom AFB, Texas. The dude is a likeness of Waylon Jennings from the cover of his album "The Outlaws."

The Nueces River in south Texas runs by our old gunnery range south of San Antonio and figured in a lot of early Texas history.

Mark

Lots of history for sure along the Nueces and in the Nueces Strip, between the Nueces and Rio Grande rivers. It was a rather wild place. The Mexican-American war was (supposedly) fought over whether the border of Texas was the Nueces or the Rio Grande (Rio Bravo del Norte).
On my mother's side, my family came from both sides of the Rio Grande, so I have a strong connection there. They came from France to Mexico.
(On the other side of the family tree was a young man who came to Houston in the 1840's. Built a good business as a cotton merchant/shipper. Long time Massachusetts family.)
Hence my handle.
I need an avatar. Maybe a bale of cotton, or a suitcase, or a 1821 Mexican flag.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Mexico_%281821-1823%29.svg
No carpet bag, that's for sure.

pipehand
08-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Pipehand= Pipefitter. I have no idea how to put up an avatar. Where are the instructions for the "short bus" computer users?

WILCO
08-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Pipehand= Pipefitter. I have no idea how to put up an avatar. Where are the instructions for the "short bus" computer users?

As found in the FAQ Section: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_user_cp

How do I set signatures, avatars and profile pictures?

You can set and change your signature, avatar and profile picture in the User Control Panel (providing the administrator has made these options available).

For signatures, click on 'Edit Signature' under the 'Settings and Options' area of the navigation bar within the User CP.

To select an existing or upload a new avatar, click on 'Edit Avatar'.

To upload a profile picture, click on 'Edit Profile Picture' in the 'Your Profile' section.

My avatar is of two things I've enjoyed from time to time. WILCO is military jargon for "Will Comply".

missionary5155
08-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Greetings
My handle Missionary is what I am.. starting Bible Believing & practicing churches in Peru.
My avatar changes as I come across things of interest... This one is an impacted item of about 1.1 " in diameter... I wonder if anyone can guess what it is ?
Mike In Peru

odfairfaxsub
08-14-2011, 10:37 AM
odfairfaxsub.

my name i created a while ago when i became a shop steward for my department at work (now i take care of the whole d*m office). they said, "you need a email to corespond with all the buis reps and such."

nick name at work=O.D. (cus when i first started at work, i would follow around the leads like a hyper dog, right on their trail)

office i work out of=Fairfax

department i work in and represent=Sub (electric substation)

all this is to help people to remember my email with common things they would know about me. helps keep things timely when its easy to communicate what we need before 20 buis days.

50-170-700 sharps
08-15-2011, 02:00 PM
My name is simply the largest sharps cartridge of the buffalo era. 50 caliber 170 grains black powder 700 grain boolit.

waksupi
08-15-2011, 03:25 PM
My name is simply the largest sharps cartridge of the buffalo era. 50 caliber 170 grains black powder 700 grain boolit.

You may enjoy this article by Elmer Keith.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/sharps-50-caliber-rifle/

50-170-700 sharps
08-15-2011, 09:03 PM
I already have ;)

wiljen
08-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Funny thing, I picked my name completely at random. It just happened to be the first 3 letters of both my first and last names.

Taylor
08-20-2011, 06:31 AM
I used my name.The crest is of the name Taylor;"Loyal unto Death".

375supermag
08-20-2011, 09:20 AM
I use 375Supermag.

It's a Dan Wesson revolver cartridge.

I bought my 375Supermag quite a few years ago and like it a lot. It seems a fitting name for a gun and shooting forum.

No avatar...never got around to finding one...maybe someday.

hiram1
08-20-2011, 09:30 AM
im just a blue lodge freemason

ku4hx
08-20-2011, 10:10 AM
My nick (ku4hx) is my Amateur Radio call sign. It's a 2x2 ("two by two") having two letters, a single number, followed by two letters. It's unique in all the world and anywhere you happen to see it ... it's me. Being a 2x2 signifies I have an advanced license with world wide HF privileges. Specifically my license class is "Advanced" which is no longer awarded which makes me a dinosaur of sorts; I like that. The center position number tells you my region: 4 is the SE USA. I can speak Morse at 13 words per minute.

My picture is just a few examples of my boolits.

WILCO
08-20-2011, 10:29 AM
My nick (ku4hx) is my Amateur Radio call sign. It's a 2x2 ("two by two") having two letters, a single number, followed by two letters. It's unique in all the world and anywhere you happen to see it ... it's me. Being a 2x2 signifies I have an advanced license with world wide HF privileges. Specifically my license class is "Advanced" which is no longer awarded which makes me a dinosaur of sorts; I like that. The center position number tells you my region: 4 is the SE USA. I can speak Morse at 13 words per minute.

Wow. Good stuff. I learned something today.

LAH
08-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I can speak Morse at 13 words per minute.

Amazing.

429421Cowboy
08-23-2011, 12:46 AM
You may enjoy this article by Elmer Keith.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/sharps-50-caliber-rifle/

Amazing, i have read Keith my whole life and i loved that article, i love his tales of the old timers and he grew up in the capital not far from where i ranch. Thus my handle shouldn't be hard to guess... Thanks for the link!

uncle joe
09-04-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm an only child so had to marry and wait on in-laws to have kids to be an uncle so someone else started it.
I am just sitting here waiting on the zombies to come so the avatar is the most realistic mad zombie I could find.

Ziptar
09-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Name:

I've used this handle for everything for years and have used it for all manner of things including going back to when CB Radio was in it's heyday.

The story behind it is a little long but, its a good story.

My grandfather was an Irish immigrant, he came to the U.S. in 1916 at the coaxing of his older brother my Great Uncle Tom. Tom had convinced him to come to the U.S. and mine copper with him in Montana. They lasted one winter before they decided it was too cold in Montana and they headed back east.

When I was growing up, Uncles Tom and Aunt Nancy's (a Swedish immigrant) house was a frequent spot for family gatherings and often their old house was packed with my aunts and uncles, cousins, and my grand parents. I loved it there, it used to be a farm, they sold allot of the land off when they got old but, the old house remained with its out house, cistern, and wood stove.

They had no children of their own and were in their 80's when I was a kid. Uncle Tom always held court in the same spot, he was a permanent fixture at the end of his sofa, he was there the entire time we'd visit. I can't ever recall seeing him move from that spot. He'd just be there the entire time smoking Chesterfields and taking it all in. He was a bit of a character.

Uncle Tom used to assign all of us kids names like an old Indian Chief. We all got our names early as I understood it, often when he was introduced to us for the first time as newborns.

He alone knew the logic behind the naming and once you got named, that was how he referred to you for eternity. In fact, us kids would often call each other by our "Uncle Tom Names".

Sometimes the names were actual english words that you could sort of make sense of sometimes not, for instance, I got "Ziptar" while my younger brother was named "Tight Spring". My brothers was easy to figure out mostly, in his younger days he was a bit of a stress bucket and quick to get upset.

Over the years up until my adolescence I'd asked Uncle Tom what "Ziptar" meant a number of times. The response was always the same. He grin at me with his one remaining snaggle tooth and twinkle in eyes behind his horn rimmed coke bottle glasses while pointing at me with his bony, knurled, and Chesterfield stained finger simultaneously cackling like mad and speaking Gaelic until he laughed himself silly.

Uncle Tom passed when I was 13, So I never got an answer, Uncle Tom took it to the grave with him. So to this day I still don't know what "Ziptar" means and how it was he arrived at that name for me.

As I got older it just felt like it fit for some reason and its got allot of fond memories tied to it so, I stuck with it. For years, even pre-dating Internet discussion forums, whenever I needed to have a handle, nickname, or etc, its always been Ziptar.

As for the Avatar, it started out as a joke, years ago I spent allot of time on another forum and the avatar thing kind of got out of hand, people started coming up with the the most obnoxious, busy, gaudy avatars. Often using Animated gifs to really add to the annoyance. At the time the forum allowed them to be really huge as well.

It got to the point that the giant busy and often animated avatars made it virtually impossible to read forum posts.

So one day I grabbed a sharpie and a piece of copy paper and drew my avatar. I scanned into a jpg and made it as big as the forum would allow and posted it as my avatar. It was a sort of anti-avatar protest avatar I guess. Shortly there after limits were put in place as to the size and type of graphics used in avatars and signatures on that forum.

I've just kept using it all of these years, just in a much smaller form, just cause I like it.

reloader28
09-08-2011, 12:50 AM
I love casting and reloading more than I do shooting, and I LIKE to shoot.
Anyway, I'm a reloader.

The 28 was my number from my stock car racing days.

I dont know how to do an avatar or signature, so that explains mine.

edit......The wife just added an avatar. This is where we go camping alot. Its nice with the sunset behind it.

DollarBill
09-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Was workin in a quarry and there were three Bill's at the time. Bill, Wild Bill, and one of the guys took to callin me DollarBill to keep us straight.

As for the Avatar. Who doesn't like Betty?

Have a gooden.

$Bill

dromia
09-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Dromia, its the name of my home in the Highlands of Scotland where I was born and where I retreat to whenever I get the chance. I have my own range 30 yrds from the front door and deer to shoot from the bedroom window. :D

Its probably one of the few places left in the UK where when I go down the village for messages people say to me "Oh I knew you were home I heard you shooting" instead of sending a SWAT squad in.

jrod45ar
09-08-2011, 04:05 PM
My name is Joe and ROD is the 1st 3 of my last name. I like 45 AutoRim and Served with the U.S. Army 82nd Airborne Division.

GRid.1569
09-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Its probably one of the few places left in the UK where when I go down the village for messages people say to me "Oh I knew you were home I heard you shooting" instead of sending a SWAT squad in.

Aye... changed days indeed.

I use to wander around the banks of the rivers Cairn & Nith with an airgun causing nobody any grief...
now Ayatholla Alex (Salmond) - the King o' Scotland - would ban them given a chance...

"Compassion for criminals - screw the law abiding"

What a Fecked Up place (the previously Great) Britain has become.....

dromia
09-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Too true I'm afraid. :cry:

nanuk
09-08-2011, 09:55 PM
.... I can speak Morse at 13 words per minute.

you mean like "Verbal"?

nanuk
09-08-2011, 09:59 PM
nanuk is the "Kabloona" spelling of the Inuit word for Polar Bear

I used to live in the Polar Bear Capital of the World.
When I travelled around the Pacific Ocean in the '90's, almost EVERYONE knew where that was.

on a cruise ship, I was called PBear for a bit, then Nanuk.

I've used it on every forum I can.

and the Avatar is Me... but a few lbs lighter

metweezer
09-10-2011, 09:03 AM
My avatar is my two handguns, both Rugers. An SR9C and Mark III 22/45. The name goes back to my Ebay days. I used to sell all kinds of tweezers and scissors. :violin:

adrians
09-10-2011, 09:34 AM
mine ofcourse is lennon ,my musical "hero" and "working class hero".
i'm a brit born and bred now living in this great land ,i moved hear in 1987 .
when i was a kid i had no choice but to listen to the beatles as my mom was born in the same area of Liverpol where it all started ,,,, she claimes she saw the beatles at the cavern club in their early years and i better believe her or she will whomp my proverbial buttocks.
anyway" love is all ya need " and " happiness is a warm gun " nuff said.:evil:[smilie=s::twisted:

dagger dog
09-10-2011, 10:00 AM
That's my Boston Terrier Dolly, the wife got to pick her first name on the condition that I could chose her nickname, Dagger.

The Jimi Hendrix song "Dolly Dagger" chorus line goes;
Dolly Dagger so much love can make you stagger, she drinks blood from the jagged edge.

So me, being an old hippie, it came out to be dagger dog.

Tazman1602
09-10-2011, 10:14 AM
The avatar kinda says it all. 9mm vs. .45ACP --- which would YOU rather get shot with?

The name? Well, the "Tazman" part goes back many, many years to the Jack Daniels days and the "1602" is the cc displacement of my bike.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc336/Tazman1602/45acp.jpg

Recluse
03-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Bumping this up for Dudits. :)

:coffee:

Swamp Man
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Well the one I have now kind of speaks for itself. As for my name that's what I am.

Case Stuffer
03-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Mine is my CH Auto Champ Mark V-a my very first progressive press. It has undergone a few changes over the past 35 years but still enables me to Stuf Cases at a good clip.

19112TAP
03-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Mine is because my first pistol was a 1911, my initials to my name are TAP and my best friend that got me into 1911's always like to shot double taps so thats how I came up with 19112TAP.

bbs70
03-14-2013, 11:25 AM
I change my avatar on occasion when I find something I like better.
I used the Indian head patch for an avatar from the 2nd inf div I was attached to in Korea 71-72.
I had a cartoon of 2 guys looking into a cooking pot of molasses and saying " I wonder what they do with the rest of the mole"
Something always struck me funny when I saw a cartoon or heard a joke about mole a$%es.

The other day I changed it to 6.8 SPC the 270 lite.
I just love shooting my RRA 6.8.

User name
First inital of wife's name along with mine and the inital of our last name along with the year we were married.
BBS70

Ajax
03-14-2013, 12:00 PM
+
Mine is my nick name since i joined the service. my name is Andrew Jackson. my avatar is self explanatory.

Andy

dudits
03-14-2013, 12:08 PM
i have a english mastiff. his name is dudley. i call him dudits alot like the character from the stephen king novel dreamcatcher.
when signing up i was thinking of what to call myself and my dudley tried to climb up on my lap.
seemed like as good a name as any

he will be in my avatar pic as soon as i figure out how to do such things.

note to self, wear glasses when on the net!!!
thanks recluse for this thread as it helps to know some of yall

the girl is my fiance "sally"
the pic is not edited, nor takes from an odd angle. his head is really that big 200lbs of goofy

gandydancer
03-14-2013, 12:24 PM
I like dogs. I wanted to put an ugly picture of me on here. Alas I could not find one. my old man was a railroad worker for 40 years. he called himself a gandydancer. Tom/GD

Tazman1602
03-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Mine says: ".45acp, because shooting twice is silly"

Always been a .45 guy, just don't have any use for the 9's. At least with a .45, if I have to shoot something charging at me, at the very least it will be blown backwards three feet with every shot..

Art

PS Paul
03-14-2013, 12:43 PM
I fish a lot in Puget Sound, so PS stands for "Puget Sound Paul". My avatar? Well, The Blackhawk would be my favorite handgun of all time, and I own a .45 Colt Flattop on the smaller .357 frame currently, so the Avatr is pretty much my gun, but mine is stainless. Own others of course, but this would be my favorite shooter......

Hawkeye45
03-14-2013, 02:14 PM
The hawkeye comes from several places. I graduated from the U of Iowa " hawkeyes" and lived there for several years and it was my call sign when I was in the air as a para rescue medic in Nam. On the ground it was Doc or usually MEDIC said as loud as possible.

Mr. Ed

sljacob
03-14-2013, 02:51 PM
short verison on my full name S.L. Jacobson, I am not very handy at coming up with new handles so I went with sljacob. Some day I will add an avatar and signiture when I find somthing worthy.

Carolina Cast Bullets
03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
I am from South Carolina and have a small business making/selling cast bullets using that name. The avatar is one of my favoite 45 ACP boolits, one I use a lot of. There is a picture on my profile that shows my "foliage" in all of its elderly glory.

Jerry
Carolina Cast Bullets

TheCelt
03-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Family imigrated to this country in the mid 1800's and are from Scotland and Wales, so I am a Celt. Avatar represents the only Oath I've ever sworn to anyone other than my wife, and I stand by my words to this day.

snuffy
03-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Why my handle? I always like Barney Google-snuffy smif cartoon strip.

I'm the exact opposite of snuffy. He's my alter ego. I respect women, he does NOT! I'm dry and clean for almost 30 years, snuffy has a jug o' corn likker in his hand all day, every day.

As for my avatar, right now, that's a piece of art I captured before the artist locked it up for copyrights. It's Jesus welcoming one of his brothers home saying, "well done good and faithful servant"! Around Christmas time, I have a pic I took of myself with a santa hat on.

P.K.
03-14-2013, 03:34 PM
<::::::::::::My Initials.

<::::::::::::Frank Franzetta was a favorite artist, "The Death Dealer" was also a company mascot back in the day. D Troop 1/11th ACR.

Although I'm one of the folks on here that has a mild case of MPD and swap them out on a whim. ;-)

The Black Pearl
03-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Ok for me the name the black pearl started years ago as I was a fan of the movie and themed my motorcycle black chrome and pirate even the plate reads blkprl and it has just kinda stuck from forum to forum first was a bike page the avatar well it's just according to the name lol

nico
03-14-2013, 04:09 PM
nico because My parent call me nicolas

And my avatar is one of the Burgundy blazon.

Bored1
03-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Bored1 because I used to work a boring telemarketing job overnights listening to calls, and when I first found internet forums it seemed like "bored" was taken on everysingle one of them. Been using a form of it since then. Sometimes someone beats me to bored1 and i have to add extras.

Can't seem to decide on an "appropriate" avatar or sig yet

GOPHER SLAYER
03-14-2013, 08:00 PM
When I retired and we moved to a rural area we bought a nice house on 2-1/5 acres of land. The view was great and we loved the place but, seems there is always a but. I soon found out that I had an unknown number of guests living on the place, namely gophers. I immediatly declared war on the furry little pests. I was vain and ignorant enough in those days to think I could win such a struggle. I even declared myself The Gopher Slayer thinking I would soon be the winner of my one sided war. Sadly, they just wear you down. I tried all the poisons and traps to little avail. I had a long barreled .22 with a smooth bore and that proved to be a most effective weapon. Just one or two #12 pellits to the head was the medicine. The problem with that solution is ,they seldom give you a chance to take a shot. As to the to the avatar. It is a colt single action in .44spl in a holster I made. The badge belonged to a deputy sherrif in Butte Co. Caiifornia. I thought the two items together might impress others on this web site. It sure didn impress the gophers. After fifteen years of war and frustration I ran up the white flag, sold out and moved.

lightman
03-14-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm a lineman/serviceman for an electric utility company. My customers, especially the brothers and sisters, call me "Lightman". I enjoy my job, and they mean it as a compliment, so I have adopted it. Lightman

TheDoctor
03-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Started with an online game I used to play. My favorite character was the medic. Used that handle for about 14 years now. In real life, I am a BMET, so I am a "equipment doctor".

btroj
03-14-2013, 09:29 PM
B first initial first name
From first 4 letters of last name

Went to that as my brothers also were called Troj, needed a way to differentiate

grampa243
03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
the name is my nick name i got when i started going bald at 17. and 243 win is my favorite caliber so.

the avatar is some 45-70 shells i loaded. for now; i like to keep it interesting.

Old Iron Sights
03-14-2013, 10:14 PM
OIS because my handle on the other boards was taken.
The avatar is the old-style weimar eagle proof on early nazi rifles.

472x1B/A
03-14-2013, 10:24 PM
My avatar is of the great Beaker of The Muppets fame. He is the Muppets family zombie hunter/killer. The only other one of fame that can be compared with him is Sheamus of WWE.

Ok now for the handle/name. All military personnel have some sort of a job identifier. Mine while in the Air Force was 472x1B/A.
IAW AFR 39-1 : 47xxx = Vehicle Maintenance
472x1 =Special Vehicle Mechanic
B=Refueling Vehicles
A=Firetrucks
x = 1,3,5,7,9 skill level
My primary was B and secondary was A. Not everyone had both though. So this was the easiest for me to remember for ever and ever after 20 years. No sig line for now

bear67
03-14-2013, 10:26 PM
My Bear67 comes from 2 sources. In 1965 I was working for the University of Nevada, Reno, Range Science Department and everyone called my Tex because they thought I talked funny (I talk normal and everyone else is different). I really never took to that nickname. I worked with a Boy Scout Troop made up of handicaped and mentally challenged boys. I had a kneckerchief slide carved and painted of a bear eating a salmon. One of the boys would point at the slide and say "Barr" over and over. It stuck and everyone I work and play with calls me Bear to this day. Heck, I even get mail addressed to Bear.

The avatar is of a rather large sign on Hy 69 south of Alto, Texas alerting the junction of Farm Road 1911. I have owned and shot John Browning's Colt Govt or 1911 or whatever you want to call one and I have a real love for the old gun and own more than a few. I would steel one of those signs and put it on the barn here, but they would send me to the crossbar hotel down at the Walls in Huntsville--being locked up would be my worst nightmare.

Had a friend named Milsap one time years ago and his sons stole a sign for Milsap, a small town in Parker County and brought it 200 miles home. He made them go back and re-install the sign on the post and tell the local law what they did. They got a lecture and a lesson both from Dad and from the local law enforcement official.

xs11jack
03-15-2013, 12:27 AM
xs11jack is from my long love affair with the Yamaha XS11 motorcycle and my dad was always called Jack. My avatar is the airplane that I did repair work on the mission computers. I also repaired mission computers for the AV8B, the V-22, the F/A-18, various torpedos, and missiles. Now retired, I found a small company that recycles plastic, metal and electronic. I get to smash and hack to death all kinds of discards. It is great fun!
Jack

Combat Diver
03-15-2013, 01:09 AM
I spent 15yrs (out of 24) on dive staus in the Army. Avatar is the Combat Diver badge of the US Army. I'm missing the "S" rating on it for Combat Dive Supervisor.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/5th_Divers.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/LBL_ABN_OPs_Under_Canopy.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Jordan_95-008_nav_swim.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Jordan_95_high_water_entry_20_feet.jpg

CD

jmort
03-15-2013, 01:11 AM
Thank you for your extraordinary service sir. Your deployment summary speaks volumes

Blanket
03-15-2013, 08:42 AM
I am part Indian and my buddies call me the blanket ***

Valley Forge
03-15-2013, 10:16 AM
My handle here is an homage to the spirit of the skilled american craftsman making something with his hands, with a grateful thank you to the patriots whose service secured and continue to ensure my freedom. Both of these are exemplified in my hobby.

dudits
03-15-2013, 05:14 PM
i think i recognize valley forge from a blade forum?

edler7
03-15-2013, 08:14 PM
My handle is the name of the well that kept my great grandfather and his family alive during the "Dirty 30's". Great granddad homesteaded right in the heart of the dustbowl, lost his wife to cancer about 2 years before the dirt started to blow. He raised 2 sons and 4 daughters through that nightmare by himself, never left his homestead and from what I've been told- sometimes that well was about all they had.

I have a picture of him on my desk. Any time I think I have troubles, I look at that picture and he reminds me how much I have and how lucky I really am.

DeanWinchester
03-15-2013, 08:25 PM
My name is that of my favorite TV character.
My avatar is a picture of Sully Erna I took at a concert. I was right up front with the VIP's after meeting the guys back stage.

Revolver
03-15-2013, 08:40 PM
My handle is Revolver because they are my handgun of choice.

My avatar is of 'Sir Les Patterson' because I am a distinguished gentleman. [smilie=1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Les_Patterson

dragon813gt
03-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Avatar is my state's flag so that's self explanatory. Dragon is my legal name. 8 and 13 were my jersey numbers when playing soccer. GT because all my cars have been that model. Well actually they've all been GTIs except one Grand Am GT so I decided on that. Pretty stupid reasoning behind the name but I've been using it for fourteen years. And I always use the same name no matter the forum.

Reg
03-15-2013, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=bootsnthejeep;1331975]Well, I got dubbed Boots my junior year in high school. It's a shorter, more easily pronounced version of my last name. My Biology teacher just busted that out randomly in class one day, and you know how nicknames catch on...

And the rest of it is the fact that my first vehicle when I was 16 was my Jeep CJ7. I still have it, in one form or another, its been thru several major overhauls. We were pretty much inseparable. If you saw one of us, the other one probably wasn't far away. And at least one of us was probably leaking.

Old jeeps never leak, they are just marking their territory !!!!

:bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:

27judge
03-15-2013, 11:21 PM
I spent 40 years living/working on the Chesapeake Bay as a full time waterman. I had 5 work boats from 40 to 45 feet. I retired from the water and now have a 27 ft judge sport fishing boat with all the goodies thus my name. My two sons still work the Chesapeake Bay tks Ken

LUBEDUDE
03-16-2013, 02:59 PM
When I registered, this is the first name that came to mind.

Avatar, well, I am just drawn to Strong, Massive, Quality Things; American Muscle Cars, Craftsman Tools, Guns, and.....HOLLYWOOD GUN SHOP RELOADING EQIPMENT- All American Prime Beef!

Bullet Caster
03-17-2013, 10:56 PM
My user name is quite self expanatory. When I first joined Castboolits, I thought everyone just couldn't spell bullets worth a sh*t until the membership straightened me out on the meaning of boolits vs. bullets. So I chose my "handle" to fit what I wanted to do and that was casting bullets (boolits).

My avatar has gone through several changes until I decided to use the state dog of Tennessee as my avatar. The blue tick hound is the state dog and this one took up residence with us several years ago. It took over 6 months to gain his trust and now he's a real hoot of a dog. He always sings for his supper each and every night. BC

SlippShodd
03-17-2013, 11:00 PM
I knew somebody would dredge up a thread like this after I'd responded to the new one about user names. So I won't repeat the long, boring story about my handle http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?190703-User-name Post #4 . The avatar thing however is almost a pet peeve of mine. The pics are just so... small or something... that I have troubles with a lot of them, including mine. Shoot, I thought Firefly's was somebody in Klingon makeup shooting a BP hand cannon.
So, here's a better look at mine:
This is hanging in my office by the door; my saddle-length oilskin duster, my fedora (which still has seagull poop on it from a years-ago steelhead outing), and my quick-draw rig with the loops full of .45 Colt and the holster full of 1851 .36 Navy Colt replica. It's the only gun on display anywhere in the house and only this because you can't load it with the ammo that's with it. Since the pic was taken, the rounds have been replaced with nickel plated ones (thanks Grumpa) and the green brass ones have been better taken care of.

mike

Merlin43
03-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Heh ... the avatar is mostly a placeholder, with little thought:: it is the "cornerstone" of the logo that my wife and I use for our consulting business. The "handle" aka "user name" is related to (1) some favourite literature from my youth, (2) a reference to a significant date, (3) the code name for a major computer project, (4) an award of a particular edition, and (5) a very cool raptor.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-21-2013, 12:15 AM
I spent 15yrs (out of 24) on dive staus in the Army. Avatar is the Combat Diver badge of the US Army. I'm missing the "S" rating on it for Combat Dive Supervisor.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Jordan_95_high_water_entry_20_feet.jpg
CD

That's a great Photo...And thanks for your service !

jmort
07-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Combat Diver

That is one man who has been there and done that.

Cosmiceyes
07-21-2013, 03:00 AM
Since clintons raped the White house till now I have belonged to the Tea Party.I voted for Ross twice.I went Independent as what is broken wasn't getting fixed. I joined a opinion group called http://www.sodahead.com where you can ask your own questions,and call democraps,liptards,and amoeba aka obummer any name you want.Just don't call the sheep that follow the liptards a name anywhere on site. Cosmiceyes is that alias. This is one of the many characters I use to demoralize the the pond scum that worships amoeba.It has a hoard of what we call sock puppets,or just fake profiles that amoeba uses to boost his states.We challenge them,call them out,and they usually just go away.Senator Fineswine has a 1000 such friends in her friends list."0"stats but their.Here is a blow up of my avatar,and a sock puppet I post near the suspects posting.

44Vaquero
07-21-2013, 04:02 AM
My Name is because my SS Beasley grip .44 Magnum Vaquero is my favorite revolver.

My Avatar is Ben Johnson a real cowboy turned actor.

sparky45
07-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Handle is because of a new interest, learning to Weld + my year of birth. The Avatar is of a woodturning I did last year.

Uncle Jimbo
07-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Mine is self explanatory if you know of or watch South Park. When I signed up here, was watching an episode and need a avatar and user. So why not.

.45Cole
07-21-2013, 04:34 PM
My name is Cole and I love .45's (.45 Colt and .45 Automatic Colt Pistol) and 45-75's.
My mom had a Kermit doll she loved and I thought that a gunslingin'-gangsta-kermit was very appropriate

alleyoop
07-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Name comes from the comic strip and the song, avatar my 73 super with a dusting of rare Alabama snow.

GOPHER SLAYER
07-21-2013, 04:57 PM
I spent 15 years at our former residence trying to kill off the gopher population.Hence the name Gopher Slayer. I didn't make a dent in their numbers. We lived on two and a half acres which were surrounded by other fields so my efforts were to say the least futile. As for the avatar I have always been a lover of the Colt SA and have owned several. This is the only one left. The badge is an old deputy U.S. Marshal's badge. As an avatar I wanted to use one of me standing by a distant relative's grave at Tombstone's boothill but it would have been much too small to read.

Hawkeye45
07-21-2013, 07:28 PM
The name hawkeye comes from graduating from the univ of Iowa, and was my call sign when I was in the air in VN. On the ground they yelled DOC as loud as they could.

My avatar is my best buddy Duke. Nuff said

Mr. Ed

H.Callahan
07-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Well, mine name was given, as all proper nicknames should be, by my peers back in my old law enforcement days. This was during the period where the Dirty Harry movies were coming out (Magnum Force was current at the time IIRC). I had just joined the department and was still gathering my equipment. Back in those days, we had to supply our own guns, leather and even had to buy our own badges and nameplates. When an *** would start with the department, they would assign him to all the departments for a week or two each to kinda get a feel for how everything worked.

My 2nd assignment was with the plainclothes detectives. We were going on some stakeouts of local fertilizer dealers as there had been a rash of thefts recently. I was told that I needed to carry a concealed weapon and dress in a dark suit and tie (we were more "traditional" then). My problem was that at that time, I didn't really have any concealed holsters for anything. Plenty of guns, but short of sticking something down my pants, I had no way to carry. I DID have a Bianchi X15 shoulder holster that fit my S&W Model 29, that I bought to use externally when hunting or whatever. So, obviously, as soon as a reported the the detectives, the hilarity ensued. After that, it became "Hey, Harry, come here and look at this." or "Callahan, take this prisoner to court." The Dirty Harry jokes continued for the rest of my career. When the Internet came along, I was looking for a pseudonym to use. "Dirty Harry" seemed a little childish, and they never really called me "Dirty Harry" anyway. Hence H.Callahan was born.

reloaderman1
07-23-2013, 09:40 AM
My kids named me that.......... they were still in elementary school.
[smilie=

( I'm known as just "reloaderman" on other forums )

novalty
07-23-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm a Chevy Nova fan, and remember only seeing Chevelle's & Camaro's souped up. So choose the name Novalty as a homonym for Nova and Novelty for it being unusual.

My avatar is my second love of S&W firearms.

Down South
07-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Just an old country boy from Louisiana here. The Louisiana explains the Down South handle. I had other avatars but finally decided to put my ugly mug up. I may change it again someday.

ncbearman
07-24-2013, 09:05 AM
I was born and raised in IN just over the IN, IL border. Spent alot of time in Soldiers Field and Wrigley so I'm a fan for life. Moved to NC in 84' and stayed so I'm now a damn yankee. Been here longer than I was in IN and all my kids were born here. Sorry no impressive bear hunting stories here. The avatar is my Dad's WWII medals. He is/was my hero. Not only because of his service to our country, but also showed me how to be a good man.

As a side note; He was an Army Ranger forward observer, on the 3rd tank to go into Bastogne in the Battle of the Bulge, 2 battlefield commissions from Patton himself 2nd and 1st Lt., Purple heart w/2 clusters, bronze star, marksman. My youngest got his shooting eye.

jlchucker
07-24-2013, 09:35 AM
My handle is a model of CNC machinery manufactured by an American company that no longer exists. My avatar is a picture of my buddy, whose main purpose in life is taking up space in my house.

oldarkie
07-25-2013, 08:35 AM
I was born in Keo Arkansas in 1948,so Old Arkie, I think some saw it as Ol Darkie so I put my picture as my avatar.

John Guedry
07-25-2013, 01:38 PM
The name is my own. The avatar is my Grandson and myself in Death Valley (Tiger Stadium) on Saturday night. He appears shorter than I am but is actually 6 ft. I am somewhat "vertically challenged".

LAH
07-25-2013, 10:00 PM
I was born and raised in IN just over the IN, IL border. Spent alot of time in Soldiers Field and Wrigley so I'm a fan for life. Moved to NC in 84' and stayed so I'm now a damn yankee. Been here longer than I was in IN and all my kids were born here. Sorry no impressive bear hunting stories here. The avatar is my Dad's WWII medals. He is/was my hero. Not only because of his service to our country, but also showed me how to be a good man.

As a side note; He was an Army Ranger forward observer, on the 3rd tank to go into Bastogne in the Battle of the Bulge, 2 battlefield commissions from Patton himself 2nd and 1st Lt., Purple heart w/2 clusters, bronze star, marksman. My youngest got his shooting eye.

A friend of mine spent the winter in Bastogne, 101st.

ncbearman
07-26-2013, 12:46 AM
A friend of mine spent the winter in Bastogne, 101st.

Well.............I wish my Dad was still around to not only ask him about that, but many other things I have thought of since he passed. My hat is off to your friend as I know that he too was a hero. Here is a better pic of his hardware.

LAH
07-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Yes that had to be a long winter.

LAH
07-27-2013, 10:13 AM
My hat is off to your father. Surely he put his time in. Here is picture of Lee Tucker who was there that winter in Bastogne.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Creekerpics/HPIM2345.jpg (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Creekerpics/media/HPIM2345.jpg.html)

His plate
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Creekerpics/HPIM2343.jpg (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Creekerpics/media/HPIM2343.jpg.html)

fortysomething
07-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Mine started with a double meaning. I was in my 40's when I first used it plus I enjoy calibers that start with a 4.

My current avatar is "off-the-rack" as it were. I found it here. one day I will change it.

MrWolf
07-28-2013, 09:31 PM
My name came from online gaming playing Ultima Online back when there were only a few servers and the name stuck - I am an old kid. Name came from my favorite author, David Eddings and the book was the Belgariad. My gaming friends just called me Wolf.

The avatar is Grumpy, my favorite Disney character. I first took my son trapshooting when he was 16. We started shooting ATA events and at every shoot I would wear a different Grumpy shirt. Even won a club event that they automatically asked to put Ron ( first name) "Grumpy" on jacket I won. My son also took high Junior in handicap with a 94 at the NJ State event a few years ago. Now he is in college and we only shoot together occasionally, but I keep trying to get him out more. Working on getting my wife and daughter to shoot also.

Randy C
07-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Randy C is me and Abbie girl my hunting partner my wife is Brenda Lee

palmettosunshine
07-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Palmetto is to honor my home state of South Carolina and Sunshine is what my mother called my brother and I when we were surly teenagers, thus palmettosunshine.....

Iowa Fox
08-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm from Iowa and in the 1960's loved to hunt fox. In those years the deer population was almost non existent. Pheasants were plentiful and next up for me and my friends was fox. We would sling our rifles on a snowy day and walk the farm fields for miles. Today I go out of my way to take good care of the little guys on our property around the house and farms. Couldn't shoot one these days if I had to and enjoy seeing them out and about.

Bradsnelson
08-02-2013, 02:26 PM
It is my name! Kinda boring, I should have put more thought to it and came up with something interesting.

rhadamanthos12
08-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Always picked greek names for online video games and this is the one that I have used the longest, 12 is my favorite number (wore it in sports and racing), and my avatar is my wife shooting our Ruger #1 in 45-70

DanWalker
08-02-2013, 06:07 PM
My name is my name. My avatar is me in South Africa on a trip of a lifetime. I shot the impala with my win 94 trapper(45 colt) and a 454424 I cast, loaded over elmer keiths classic load of 18.5 grains of 2400. All the critters I shot on that trip with the winny just died rather suddenly. I am a HUGE fan of the 45 colt and intend to take as many species of game with the caliber as I can before I die. Here is what I've killed with it so far: Snakes,rabbits, jackrabbits, prairie dogs, squirrels,hogs,whitetail deer,pronghorn antelope,warthogs,impala,and Gemsbok.

fivegunner
08-02-2013, 06:33 PM
My handle is fivegunner becouse a big part of my hunting is done with revolvers that hold only five rounds, my avatar is my gas furnace that holds 350 LB`s of lead.:bigsmyl2::Fire:

waksupi
08-02-2013, 08:19 PM
It is my name! Kinda boring, I should have put more thought to it and came up with something interesting.

Brad, if you want to change it let someone on staff know, we can do it.

portlybowlofpigfat
08-03-2013, 12:11 AM
i havent picked an avatar yet , but my screen name is simple ... it is the same as my email acount name , keeps it easy to remember .

i chose this name on yahoo because at the time i was using yahoo messenger to video chat with my gal while she was working out of town and i figured if i included something pork related in my id i would be bothered less by the muslums

ben lurkin
08-12-2013, 10:50 PM
My screen name should be pretty self-explanatory. ;)

mikeym1a
08-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Haven't figured out an avatar that I feel suits me. My name is kinda like the enfield mark 2 *** type of thing. When I was young I was mikeym. I had some severe health problems in my early 30's, and had to start over, so, mikeym1. When I got divorced some years back, I had to start over again, so now I'm mikeym1a. Plus, I've always wanted an M-1a. :wink:

monmouth
08-13-2013, 02:01 PM
I need to get an avatar, just can't figure one out yet. My name is where I spend a lot of time and there was a little battle there years ago.

Win94ae
08-13-2013, 04:43 PM
My explanation is much too complicated to go into.

smokeywolf
08-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Smokey was a very sad abuse case we rescued from the animal shelter. He was approx. 75% grey wolf and 25% Belgian Shepherd. He had apparently been tied in a backyard and beaten regularly with a leash. Best we can conjecture from his reactions to other folks; it was likely a hispanic family and dad beat him, mom fed him and kids played with him. He had extremely strong defensive reactions to hispanic adult males.

He trusted my 13 year old son almost immediately, my wife a little less, and me not at all. It took almost 6 months of earning his trust before I could snap a leash onto his collar. He turned out to be one of the best dogs (wolfdog) I've ever had. We had had him about 5 years when he was stolen from our back yard. We searched for him off & on for nearly 2 years.
He was the smokeywolf.

My avatar is me astride my favorite horse, Stormy. She and I spent a lot of time together babysitting critters for Newhall Land & Cattle. They had had some rustling problems. Rode several parades together.
Used to patrol Dean Martin's old ranch in 1980-81, which at that time was owned by a highly successful car dealer.
We got lost in a sudden snow storm (whiteout) in May in the Tehachapi mountains once.
She developed bone cancer that started at the root of her tail and was working its way up her spine. She was about 15 years old.

smokeywolf

High Lord Gomer
08-13-2013, 09:34 PM
I had a friend in high school that I used to call Otis so he called Gomer. The name stuck until one day a cow-orker call me Gomer and I said,"That is High Lord Gomer to you!" Now, thanks to the interwebs, more people know me as Gomer than Mike.

I took a customer I worked with in Santa Clara, CA to a shooting range and told him about the name. That night apparently he googled me and the next day said, "I''ve never laughed so hard. I've also never heard anyone use hillbilly and penguin in the same sentence."

The thread he found: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=175252

My avatar is me taking off from the same jump where I broke my neck later that year (2004). I still ride occasionally but haven't raced in 4 years.

jabo52521
08-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Jabo is my nickname. Means "Son of Beau " in Jamaican. 52521 is the year I was born (52 twice) and my grandchild status. First born. Ruger SBH first large caliber pistol I bought near 30 years ago. Still my favorite.

USAFrox
08-14-2013, 01:44 AM
My name is because I'm in the United States Air Force (USAF), and I kinda like it. The avatar is just the best pic I currently had on my iPad.

SourMashII
08-14-2013, 02:04 AM
I wheel/drive Suburbans. Typically shortened to 'bourbon when referencing it. Logically, it then becomes the name of the rig, and "SourMash" seems to fit...

Technically this one I have now is is S.M.III, but since the first was "Clifford" (big red, and powered by a 6.2 so a complete dog) S.M.II he is.

So the screen name is SourMashII, and the unloaded avatar (rectified soon) will be one of his profile shots.

SourMashII
08-14-2013, 02:18 AM
And since we all love Pikshurzzz... Clifford, S.M.I, and S.M.II will all be represented here momentariily.

Clifford

S.M.I

S.M.II (first will be acquisition, second will be today)

bangerjim
08-26-2013, 02:00 PM
My family roots run long and deep in America. I am not a first, second, or third generation American like so many proud Americans are today. NO, they go back MUCH farther than that!

One of my ancestors was a civil engineer in England and crossed the pond in the mid 1600's to survey and lay out the roads in Jamestown. He liked the new land so well he stayed and became a capitalist businessman. My ancestors have been here long before the flag was designed or the Declaration of Independence or Constitution were ever written. Many of my ancestors fought and died in every war America has ever fought to protect what my avatar stands for.

Now, the foundations of this great country I love are crumbling from the repeated attacks of progressive liberals. If you feel an earthquake on the east coast or in the midwest, that is my ancestors.................turning over in their graves.

My family roots are part of what built this great country, a country proudly and fearlessly founded on three things: God, Guns, and Guts. Over the past few years, we are forgetting about the first, trying to ban the second, and have almost completely lost the third.

I pray to God Almighty we will be able to survive until November 2016 and put this great country back on course.

God bless America, land that WE love!
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies.
To the oceans white with foam.
God Bless America......OUR home sweet home!

bangerjim

Aunegl
08-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Aunegl:

Au = Gold
n = en
egl = eagle

I had a few experiences with these birds.

destrux
08-26-2013, 09:31 PM
I like destroying things (sometimes and within reason). Don't get me wrong. I take care of my stuff, and I'm not one to get out of hand or act reckless. I do enjoy blowing up old microwaves with tannerite though, and API ammo is my favorite. I also have been known to buy an old clunker just to jump it and/or drive it up a tree somewhere on the back 40.... then give it a proper disposal with a couple dozen slugs and a few mags of 7.62. I always clean up my junk when I'm done though and I don't make messes where they're not welcome (I'm not one of THOSE guys).

jabo52521
08-26-2013, 09:44 PM
My name is because I'm in the United States Air Force (USAF), and I kinda like it. The avatar is just the best pic I currently had on my iPad.
Thank you for your service.

Joe Msgt retired

texassako
08-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Mine is fairly simple. I am a Texan and have loved Sako rifles ever since getting a left hand one in .25-06 as my first personal deer hunting rifle. The avatar is one of my favorite rifles. It is a left handed BSA International MkII out of Al Freeland's shop that still had a bunch of the original owners club paperwork from the '50s in the box.

Harter66
08-27-2013, 07:35 PM
My avitar is a drawing that my daughter did after I had an unsually rebelious moment during my 2nd divorce . it will eventualy reside on the hood and front fenders of the 56' F100 that brought me home from the hospital when I was born. Old glory for the family that fought in 1776 for our freedom, the Stars and Bars because I had family on both sides ,cousins shooting cousins for our freedoms and beliefs. Lastly the Jolly Roger because my loyalties to friends and family and my willingness to put it out is like that of the ''romantisized'' pirates of long ago . I also demand that loyalty from my circle.

Harter66 is a twist on my sir name to imply deer hunter and the year model of my 1st car ,a 66 C30. A red stag is often called a hart.

marvelshooter
08-27-2013, 08:16 PM
I shoot a .22 Marvel conversion on a 1911 frame in NRA bullseye and the avatar is my Road King on Mt Washington in New Hampshire.

BSalty
08-27-2013, 08:34 PM
My first name starts with B. last name is Morton. It's a nickname I picked up at work a long time ago. Except it was "salty bast**d" I have used the nickname BSalty for several years online.

The avatar is a picture I took for a local online ad. I was trading linotype for pure lead. I figured it fit here on this board.

Newtire
08-31-2013, 07:22 AM
After a long marriage, my wife decided it was time to move on and I became one of the divorced people like most everyone else I worked with. I heard reference to divorced folks being called "retreads" so decided that I would rather just be a brand new tire-hence the name. The picture is of me breaking a claybird while out shooting with my kids.

Sensai
08-31-2013, 10:41 AM
The avatar is just a male wren holding a female wren's beak shut with the caption "When a wren's had enough". I just thought it was cute, and has no real relationship to anything personal.

The moniker"Sensai" was given to me by the pilots and other members of my Cavalry squadron just prior to Desert Storm. We were in Germany when we were notified that we would be taking a little trip to the Middle East. I was one of the few pilots with any combat experience. As is human nature, everyone suddenly wanted to know what it was like and any tips I could give them. One of the young pilots came up with" go ask the Sensai" and the name stuck. It became so ingrained that, contrary to SOP, everyone started using Sensai as my call sign. It's stuck ever since. I was "Double-Duece" for over twenty years and "Sensai" for less than four, so which do you think stuck. Go figure !

beezapilot
09-26-2013, 05:25 AM
Back in them good ol' days (when I had hair) used to ride BSA motorcycles- hence the Beeza in beezapilot. The avatar is not a photo of me- but sums up my karma, there I am riding along just doing what I like and the next thing I know there is an involuntary change in direction.

ballistim
09-26-2013, 08:58 AM
A long ways back a friend gave me my nickname that came from a combination of my ability to "fly off the handle", my interest in ballistics, and my name is Tim. Nothing else to it!

The avatar is just a picture of me shooting one of my CMP Garands at the National Matches at Camp Perry this year for the first time.

My other nickname is "Timbuktu" which is a combination of my name and the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere :-)

Bohica793
09-26-2013, 10:38 AM
You should all know the meaning of my handle. As to the avatar, I AM an evil clown.