PDA

View Full Version : Mould Handles

montana_charlie
05-30-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't need any mould handles, right now, but it never hurts to have an extra pair.

I have discovered a mould handle maker in Canada who builds some solid looking tongs. It's possible that we could get them for a price like the Lee six holers...but they look as beefy as the RCBS and Saeco handles.

Their jaws fit in a 5/16" slot, and they will work on two cavity moulds for sure...maybe bigger...but probably not six cavity.

To look at the pictures, here is his current eBay sale.
http://cgi.ebay.com/B-N-Bullet-Mold-Handles_W0QQitemZ7245439288QQcategoryZ71118QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
But I am not talking about a volume purchase through eBay.

Any interest?

I have the guy's email address, and have kinda prodded him in this direction.
CM

UPDATES:

To submit firm orders, start by sending me a PM with...
- How many sets you want. (an exact number)
- Yes or No for insurance on the package sent to you.
- Your address (for figuring postage).
- How you plan to pay. (PayPal or Money Order...M.O. preferred)

From that information I will send you a PM with the total charge to you. Your response accepting that figure is the one I will save to complete your purchase.

The current list of 'takers' and the ststus of each is...

klausg - 2 (1 thin) - Confirmed
BeauCassidy - 5 (2 thin) - Confirmed
JudgeBAC - 2 (1 thin) - Confirmed
Tom Myers - 1 - Billed
alamogunr - 2 - Paid
ktw - 4 (2 thin) - Confirmed
dragonrider - 2 - Billed
Ranger Rick - 3 - Paid
swampmaster - 5 - Confirmed
Bucks Owin - 2 (1 thin) - Confirmed
MT Gianni - 2 - Confirmed
Wayne Smith - 2 (2 thin) - Confirmed
LET-CA - 2 (2 thin) - Paid
fatnhappy - 1 (1 thin) - Confirmed
libbyman - 3 - Confirmed
NuJudge - 2 (2 thin) - Confirmed
floodgate - 1 - Confirmed

(Confirmed = Replied to billing PM)

Current total spoken for... - 41 - sets (reaching for 48)

I will update this list and total as things change.

UPDATE:
As orders have essentially ceased, Monday, June 12th at noon is the deadline for new requests. Orders for 7 sets of handles would fill the last 'case', and 1 set of thin handles is still not spoken for.

Going, Going, Gone...Gentlemen. Now is the time to get those PM's in.
CM

Beau Cassidy
05-30-2006, 04:46 PM
I would be good for a few or three. No more than about $23 a piece, though, plus a little for shipping and for the honcho. It will be difficult to go more than this since I have never laid hands one one.

Beau

montana_charlie
05-30-2006, 05:42 PM
I would be good for a few or three. No more than about $23 a piece, though, plus a little for shipping and for the honcho.
OK Beau,
I'll consider you 'definitely interested'. When you decide on a number, let me know.
CM

klausg
05-30-2006, 05:49 PM
montana charlie- I just shot him an e-mail per your suggestion in ref. Lyman "Small" handles. I would definitely be down for 2 or 3 sets on a group purchase for the regular version though. I'll keep checking this thread for more info. Thanks for the assist, take care.

-SSG Klaus

Four Fingers of Death
05-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Nice looking handles, I'm pretty right though as I have about 10 sets at least of RCBS handles. That ajustable 45 mould looks great, as does the sprue rebuild kits. All looks like quality stuff.

kodiak1
05-30-2006, 11:52 PM
montanacharlie: just got 4 pair of them handles fit single and double Lymans like a dream could get them to fit the RCBS moulds I had the tongs were thick. So I sent Rick an email and told him my problem said he would build me 4 sets if I sent him my measurements. decent price and feel real sturdy made a couple of hundred bullets with them the other day.
He also makes and sells sprue plates and moulds.
I hope he makes out okay he is sure trying hard.
Thanks Ken.

montana_charlie
05-31-2006, 12:04 AM
I received this in an email from Rick, the maker of these handles. I am posting it verbatim so you can get a first-hand idea of what goes into them.

Hello Charlie:

The handles are very well made, I know, I personally make and assemble them myself. I make all the parts except for the self-locking nut on the hinge pin. The wood handles are even turned round from square stock and involve a number of operations to achieve the quality shown. The dark colored handles are made from African Green Heart (when machining, the dust is green but the wood is dark brown), an extremely durable hardwood, the finish is polished on using fine furniture oil and then buffed. I have to machine this wood with carbide tooling, high speed steel tooling wouldn't last more than a few pieces. The light colored handles are made from Maple and finished with natural oil and a high gloss urethane finish. Both are very nice.

All metal components are laser cut and or machined/hydro formed on the most modern C.N.C. machining equipment. The metal handle arms are stress relieved both, before and after Hydro Forming. The hinge pin is custom machined and case-hardened for wear. Metal parts are a dark blue/brown finish from stress releiving and are left as is.

As with all products the term "UNIVERSAL" dosen't always work. My handles will fit almost all (98%) Lyman S/C & D/C mold blocks. However; the slot machined in the mold blocks may be the smallest size or undersize of the allowable tolerances by the manufacturer. This will definately cause problems, the handles either won't fit or be too tight for proper operation. The same will apply to RCBS molds as well. The material of my handles measures approx. 0.307" thick, RCBS handles measure roughly 0.295" and Lyman is anyware from 0.302" - 0.310". I have had a couple of complaints that the molds did not fit correctly (too tight) in RCBS molds, hence the warnings. PLEASE MEASURE YOUR MOLDS.

His 'multiple item prices' are not as low as I had hoped, but I have asked for his 25+ price...which might be down around $20 apiece before shipping.
I also asked if he could trim any more on a 50 item purchase.

Now that you have an idea of the quality...from the maker and a satisfied buyer...let's see how close we can get to 50 items.
CM

montana_charlie
05-31-2006, 01:55 PM
If we are going to do a group buy on these handles, I guess that I will 'honcho' the process...but only because I started this conversation. If someone who actually has experience in this area wants to take the reins, I will gladly transfer that title to him. A PM to that effect will get you an instant promotion.

Failing the appearance of a volunteer, I will continue to press on...with some conditions.

1. This deal will not drag out for the whole summer.
If the maker needs time to produce the number we want, that is beyond our control. But WE (you and I) will have everything completed as quickly and painlessly as possible.

2. I don't intend to make a dime on this project.
When it is completed, there is the possibility of a complimentary set of handles in it for me...and that is the full extent of my 'reward'.

3. I also don't intend to lose a dime on the project.
His prices are being quoted in Canadian funds and the Canadian dollar is a bit smaller than ours. The amount of difference changes daily with the international markets. I will (from now on) treat his prices as US dollars. If his bottom price for a set of handles is
$22 C. I will ask you for $22 US. That small percentage of difference in value will be my 'slush fund' to cover any miscalculations on my part.
If I tell 'Jim' it will cost him $5 for postage, but it actually takes $5.50 to cover re-shipping to his address, I hope my 'slush fund' will handle the shortage.

4. This is a 'volume purchase', not a 'custom order'.
I have a PM from a member who wondered if the jaws on his handles could be machined a little thinner.
If everybody wants 'em thin, I'll ask if that can be done. If most want 'em standard thickness, then everybody gets them with full-sized metal...which can be 'reduced' by the individual, as needed.

5. The maker will send the whole shipment to me, and I will break it down into packages according to your orders. I don't know at this time how much I will need for postage, but I will keep it as close to 'actual cost' as I can...and will use USPS for the movement. I plan to give each of you the option of buying insurance, or not, based on what each decides. I'll figure all of that as close to the bone as I can.

6. Funds will NOT include personal checks.
It's not that I think any of you are deadbeats (even though they exist), I simply want to stay away from the delay of waiting for personal checks to clear. It just makes the process drag out.

7. As much as I love credit cards, I have no way to accept money from you using them. My wife has a PayPal account which you can send funds to, but I will probably ask a small 'surcharge' to cover the percentage PayPal demands. (Remember, I'm a middleman, but not in the profit making sense of the word.)
The other option is Money Orders. That is actually what I would prefer to see.

8. I will come up with some method of taking your orders, keeping track of who has paid up, and posting it so all can see what's up. This whole deal will be as 'visible' to you as I can make it.

9. I need for your orders and payments to come to me in a legible form.
If your handwriting is poor, get your priest or teenage daughter to write it up for you. If I can't read it, I will simply return it to you rather than run the risk of mailing something to an address which doesn't exist.

10. I have said I will calculate everything as accurately as I can, without leaving myself in danger of coming up short. If there are funds left over after all is said and done, I will handle that in one of two ways.
- If it is five or ten bucks left over...I will buy a six pack and drink to your health.
- If it comes to more than a dollar per buyer, I will stick a dollar bill (or two) in the package with your handles.

Submit your initial order via PM. In that PM specify 'how many', 'yes or no' on insurance, what method you will use to make payment, and your address. I will figure your total cost and answer you by PM. At that time you should send me a new PM to confirm that you accept the terms, then (as soon as you can) send payment by your chosen method.
Money Order and PayPal are the only choices.

That second PM, confirming your order, is the one I will save for completing the transaction.

When I have all of the money...for all of the orders...I will send most of it to Rick in payment for the purchase. When the handles arrive at my house, I will repack and send them on to you guys, using the remainder of the funds.

Those who ask for (and pay for) insurance will get that service. Those who pass on the insurance will still get charged the four bits (or whatever it is) for a Delivery Confirmation Number. That is so I can know that it arrived at your house. It will also be proof that I actually did send the package...if it should not arrive. I won't be responsible for damages or loss.

So, that's how I see it gentlemen. If my conditions are acceptable to you, and you want some well-made mould handles, let the orders flow.
But, don't tell me you're in for three or four sets...tell me three, or tell me four.
I will only submit an order to the maker for the exact number that you specify.

I just received (while writing this up) Ricks answer to my price query.
A 25+ order gets the price down to $21 per set. Buying 50 would not bring it down any further.

At the end of Post #1 in this thread I will keep an updated total of tentative requests...just to keep track of the amount of interest.

When somebody posts that he's up for 'two or three' I will count that as two until I get a firm order from him for an exact number.

To submit a firm order, send me a PM with the information mentioned above.

I will give this three days...that will be noon on Saturday...to see if there is enough interest to get this done in a reasonable length of time.
If we don't get at least halfway to the goal of 25 by then, I will call it off.

Who wants 'em, and how many, Gents?
CM

JudgeBAC
05-31-2006, 07:41 PM
I will take two sets.

Thanks for the effort and the information. These handles look great.

kodiak1
06-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Guy's don't be scared of the handles they are good stuff.

Charlie after reading what you posted you are either an attorney or have done this before. USPS is the way to go it will save you a ton of money and a night mare of misery with customs UPS, FEDEX and all those sorts are in it for them and themselves only.
Good luck Ken

montana_charlie
06-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Guy's don't be scared of the handles they are good stuff.

Charlie after reading what you posted you are either an attorney or have done this before.
Ken,

I'm a long way from being an attorney...don't even have a high school diploma. And, no experience at this kind of project, either. But, I have done a bit of reading in other 'group buy' threads, and noticed some things I would not want to deal with.

I would appreciate anything you can pass on to me about possible Customs problems I might encounter.
CM

montana_charlie
06-02-2006, 01:51 AM
OK, Gentlemen...

First, I have some new information from the maker.

Beau Cassidy asked me two questions in his original PM.
He wondered if he could have a choice of wood for the handles, and he asked if his jaws could be ground thinner than the standard of .307"

Rick said that we can choose Green Heart or maple handles...so I will need to know your preference on this...and will try to give you what you specify.

Rick says he has already machined some jaws that are .295" because so many have asked for jaws that fit RCBS moulds.

I don't know for sure if an individual buyer can get (say) two thick ones and one thin one...or if they are all going to be the thinner size. I'm waiting for clarification on that. So, tell me what you want, and I will try to accomodate you...but no guarantees at this time.

I have one 'taker' who is trying hard to provide me with each piece of information I have asked for. He is going on a trip, so he wants to get squared away before he leaves.
As soon as I get his jaw and wood preferences, I will mark his slot on my list as 'Firm'...and he will go to 'Paid' when his money order arrives.
Because I haven't received shipping cost information from the maker, this buyer is getting an 'estimate' which he and I will have to sort out later if I have overcharged him.
Marking his entry as 'Firm' means he is going to get some handles.

All the rest of you guys are currently 'tentative'.

You will remain 'tentative' until I get PMs listing all of the information I need.
Anytime after noon on Saturday, you can start sending those in...if we get to 13 'takers' by then. We are at twelve, now.

Below is a portion of my listing. It shows entries for klausg and Beau Cassidy.
In a fourm post, klausg said he would take 'two or three' sets. I am showing him at two with a Price of $42 until I get shipping costs from the maker and find out if there is going to be any import duties.

Beau Cassidy asked for five sets in his PM, and the listing reflects that. But there are several pieces of information I need from him.

When you send your PM, provide your Buyer Info, including name, address, city/state/zipcode...and something to put in each box that shows a question mark in the example.

I have placed some sample entries in the Wood/Jaw column as examples of how to specify those preferences. 'D' means dark wood (which is Green Heart) and 'L' means light (which is maple). 'S3,T2' in Beau Cassidy's section would mean he wants 3 'standard' jaws and 2 'thin' jaws in his five sets.
You don't have to worry about the 'codes'...just tell me what you want.

Here's is that listing example..

Beau Cassidy
06-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Alright fellas, this is something that has been tossed around in the past and it looks like it may happen. Time to step up to the plate. These handles look a hundred times better than the Lee's and at least as good as the Saeco's. We should feel fortunate that we have someone such as Montana Charlie who is willing to take the time to do this for ALL of us. Let's give him our support.

Beau

montana_charlie
06-03-2006, 01:02 PM
We have reached the goal, Gentlemen. I have orders for 26 handle sets.

Thanks for getting information to me so quickly...and with minimal prodding. I still need a few bits of info from a couple of guys, but I expect that will come in soon.

Some have listed preferences (in response to my request for them) regarding wood type and jaw thickness.

I will do my best to satisfy them, but the maker HAS NOT yet answered my questions about how much control I will have in getting handles assembled which match those preferences.

I hope you guys are flexible on that aspect of this purchase. If anybody places so much importance on 'wood' or 'thickness' that he would back out if I can't deliver...tell me now.

If nobody speaks up, I will assume that you will take whatever I can get.

The maker (also) has not provided me with any shipping cost numbers. Without them, I can't figure what the 'total cost to my door' is...so I can't calculate total charges to ask from you.

I have a suspicion that the reason I am not getting information from Rick is...

He has a dutch auction going on eBay right now for 20 sets. I presume that he is waiting to see what the outcome of that sale is before committing himself to hard numbers for us.
I could be wrong. The guy might simply be so busy making handles, he hasn't had time to research the information I asked him for.

I plan to watch his dutch auction very closely. If I haven't received answers from him by the time it closes, I may try to 'snipe' the entire load in an effort to cut costs a bit. Every nickle I can save will be a nickle you won't have to reimburse me for.

If any of you are planning to get in on that auction...we better coordinate our plans...so I don't cut you out of the quantity you have in mind.

I'll update you again...when there is something new to say.
CM

trooperdan
06-03-2006, 02:04 PM
He is running an auction on eBay, selling 20 sets at $10 Canadian, each! If he is willing to sell on eBay for $10, seems we should be able to get at least as good a deal for a large group order. BTW, he only has bids for 5 of the 20 right now.

montana_charlie
06-03-2006, 02:35 PM
He is running an auction on eBay, selling 20 sets at $10 Canadian, each! If he is willing to sell on eBay for $10, seems we should be able to get at least as good a deal for a large group order. BTW, he only has bids for 5 of the 20 right now.
I have been watching the sale, carefully, Dan.

He is not "selling them for $10"...he has some bidders who have gone as high as $10. There IS a difference. Things could change (and probably will) before it's all over.
He is doing it that way because he had so many emails, he wants to sell off a bunch while the buyers are interested...and a low price (if that is what happens) will get his stock out there for others to comment on.
Call it 'an introductory offer' to the buying public.

If you read the rest of his sale description, you'll see that his next auction will be "Buy It Now" and the price will be twenty-five bucks.

If he doesn't get takers for twenty, those that are spoken for will go at the lowest figure bid, and everybody pays the same.

If at the end, there are some left over, I will snipe the whole 20 at a bid which is higher than the 'ten bucks'...but lower than the $21 that he quoted me for a 25+ purchase.

In the interest if 'visibility', here is the price structure he gave me by email when I started feeling him out for a 'group buy'.

Costs for 1 - 9 pair is $24.95 Cdn. each; 10 - 24 pair is $22.45 Cdn each. I will give further discounts on purchases of 25 pair or more. Each pair of handles is individually boxes (storage/retail). Shipping costs would be actual costs plus a few dollars for the cost of the shipping carton, carrier of your choice (UPS, Purolator, Canada Post), insurance is extra and highly recommended. These items may be subject to U.S. Customs Taxes & Fees, I will not de-value the worth of these items on the Customs Declaration.

When I asked him for his '25 pair or more' price, it came back...

The cheapest price would be $21.00 Cdn. per pair on orders of 25+ pair or more, no further discounts will be offered. My manufacturing cost for these handles are $14.00 each and the box cost an additional $2.00, so huge profits I am not making. The last pair sold on e-bay covered my expense, that's all.
(That pair sold for $14.68, as I recall)

If the guy sells all twenty of his eBay stock for ten bucks each, he will probably consider that to be a 'marketing disaster' for his business.

So, while I like a discount every bit as much as the next guy...
And, I will certainly watch to see if one is available on eBay...
When it comes down to the actual purchase, I have agreed to $21 if we take 25 or more. I offered that price to you guys. And the 'takers' accepted that.

The remedy, if the price now seems too high, is to drop the whole deal...but I won't go crawling back for a lower price after accepting the current one. 'My word' doesn't work that way.

If you want in on this buy, trooperdan, say so.
If you want to try for some of 'the twenty' in the auction, tell me how many to leave for you.
But you can bet your badge that the ending price will be higher than ten bucks.
CM

swampmaster
06-03-2006, 03:35 PM
I have bid on 10 on his dutch auction I know I wont win but even if I did I would still take the 5 from you and call it cost averageing.Take the extras to a local gun show and resale them

montana_charlie
06-03-2006, 03:43 PM
I have bid on 10 on his dutch auction
I'm sorry to hear that, swampmaster.

With you asking for 10, it makes it more likely that all 20 will get spoken for. That would cause others to start bidding higher...just to 'get in' or 'stay in' on the deal.

If that occurs, the price may go so high that my 'snipe plan' will be of no value to us.

But, I am NOT suggesting you should retract your bid. Everybody gets to play, and what happens...happens.
CM

6pt-sika
06-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Charlie, PM sent .

montana_charlie
06-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I have (finally) received shipping information from Rick, the maker. It appears that we can get the most efficient shipping cost...in a parcel size that is least likely to get hung up in Customs...by having handles packed in cases of 16 sets.

An order of 32 sets would just make two cases.

We are now at that point.

I would like to have a vote among you 'takers'.

Do we end it now?

I have called off the vote. Within two hours of posting the call for one, I had orders for three more sets.
So...we'll go for 48.

Speak up, Gentlemen. Let's have those orders.
The fun part of this honcho-ing has got to be the praise and adulation...after it's done.
CM

LET-CA
06-03-2006, 09:33 PM
I have (finally) received shipping information from Rick, the maker. It appears that we can get the most efficient shipping cost...in a parcel size that is least likely to get hung up in Customs...by having handles packed in cases of 16 sets.

An order of 32 sets would just make two cases.

We are now at that point.

I would like to have a vote among you 'takers'.

Do we end it now?
Do we keep it open and hope to get another 16 sets spoken for?

PM me with your vote.

In the interest of keeping this group buy moving...not stalled...votes after noon tomorrow won't count.
I will post your decision, here.

CM

PM sent - I'm good for two sets of handles. THANKS!

fatnhappy
06-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I sent a PM, I'm in for a set.

This should be a sticky BTW! :drinks:

ktw
06-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Speak up, Gentlemen. The fun part of this honcho-ing has got to be the praise and adulation...after it's done.
CM

You're doing a great job. We really appreciate it ;-)

I'm in no hurry.

Hell, you haven't even asked us to send you any money. Got no right to
complain about the process when we don't have anything tied up in it, yet.

-ktw

montana_charlie
06-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Hell, you haven't even asked us to send you any money.
I will ask for the money when these things have happened:

- We have stopped accepting new orders, so I know exactly how many units to ask for, and can figure the exact price per unit (including shipping to me) to charge everybody.

- I have figured each buyer's total charge, and have received confirmation that parts are on hand to produce our units (takes about a week to build 'em).

- I have sent a PM to each buyer which gives him my contact information and tells him his total charge.

- All buyers have PM'd me with their acceptance of the calculations.

After all of that has happened, I will ask for money and establish a deadline for receiving it. That deadline will be 'generous', but not very long.

"I forgot", "Haven't had time" or "My dog ate the money order" won't buy an extension. If it arrives too late, it gets sent back.

If a guy can't make it to the Post Office to get a money order and mail it...there's always PayPal...it's free for people who want to send money.
If a guy won't use PayPal for some 'political' reason...that's his business. But, he should make sure his mail goes out promptly.

If anybody sends me a personal check, even by mistake, (don't laugh - it happened recently) I will send it back to him...and he's out of the deal.
I will pay for his handles and sell them on eBay.

Once I am physically looking at all of the money, I will place the order. If the handles are ready, it will take about two weeks for the shipment to get to me.

As soon as packages start arriving from Winnipeg, handles start going out to you.

They will ship Priority Mail unless a Flat Rate Box is cheaper.
I am figuring 1 pound per packed handle set. If you ordered two sets, I'll figure two pounds. If you ordered three sets, or more, the Flat Rate Box works better.

The shipping charge will be postage, plus insurance (or Delivery Confirmation fee according to your preference), from 59487 to your zipcode. I am using the USPS Calculator ( http://postcalc.usps.gov/ ) for my figures.

Every now and then the thought crosses my mind of taking your money and running to Mexico. But, somehow, the thought of making off with (about) a thousand...and having to pay a coyote 6000 to get smuggled back in...well, it just doesn't sound like a profitable venture. Plus, Mexico is a long damned way from Montana. So...I guess you guys can trust me.
CM

45 2.1
06-04-2006, 07:48 AM
If a guy won't use PayPal for some 'political' reason...that's his business. But, he should make sure his mail goes out promptly.

Thats been discussed and cussed here in a thread, they're not one of the good guys.

If anybody sends me a personal check, even by mistake, (don't laugh - it happened recently) I will send it back to him...and he's out of the deal.
I will pay for his handles and sell them on eBay.

Most of here have been doing business with each other for awhile. Personal checks go thru with no problem.

Every now and then the thought crosses my mind of taking your money and running to Mexico. But, somehow, the thought of making off with (about) a thousand...and having to pay a coyote 6000 to get smuggled back in...well, it just doesn't sound like a profitable venture. Plus, Mexico is a long damned way from Montana. So...I guess you guys can trust me.

Not taking a personal check and what you just stated doesn't inspire trust for most of us here. The above just doesn't seem like much of a JOKE.

felix
06-04-2006, 08:34 AM
MC, just my opinion, if money is THAT important to you, then you should not be a honcho for OUR board members. I had over 14K in my checking account for a couple of weeks and had absolutely no idea whatsoever about leaving my home. These kinds of thoughts NEVER cross my mind. ... felix

357maximum
06-04-2006, 10:32 AM
M C

Checks are not a big deal, most members here are far and above the normal riffraff associated with some boards on the internet. I cashed over three thousand dollars in checks yesterday from fellow members. I will send the order in tomorrow. If for some odd reason a check does not clear, we will get it straightened out, but I do not see it happening. If I do get a check thats a lil springy (it won't happen) and the sender does not make it right (again it will not happen) I simply will own another mold that will get sold to a member who missed the buy for whatever reason. Me thinks you worry waaay too much, and some of your ranting and odd policy is why I am not in on this buy. It does not have to be as complicated as you try to make it seem. I never had huge issues with any makers handles anyway, and lee handle only cost 14 bucks. I have had a few lee commercial handles that were tight on the blocks, but two minutes with a fine file has fixed the issue every single time. I even use lee handles on my custom molds, they work good.

As far as running away to mexico, I think Felix pretty much answered that issue.

And PayPal is not our friend, not just for some political reason, by using paypal you are supporting the very people who think we should not have guns in any form in the first place, and giving them more money to fight against the second amendment, and all of us here.

Michael

montana_charlie
06-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Not taking a personal check and what you just stated doesn't inspire trust for most of us here. The above just doesn't seem like much of a JOKE.I manage money 'carefully'. My credit rating is excellent, I have never bounced a check, and everything we own (including our land and cattle) is 'paid off'. But, not being a banker or stockbroker, holding other people's hard-earned money is uncomfortable for me. The 'joke' was to alleviate some of my discomfort.

MC, just my opinion, if money is THAT important to you, then you should not be a honcho for OUR board members. The sanctity of other people's money is THAT important to me. If you have read the thread, you'll recall that I did leave an opening for a honcho volunteer...

Me thinks you worry waaay too much, and some of your ranting and odd policy is why I am not in on this buy.You may be right about that.
My defence is to say that my methods are intended to eliminate (as much as possible) any room for errors which result in wasting money belonging to others...and to keep the period as short as possible that I feel obligated to do that 'worrying'.

That's my story...
CM

45 2.1
06-04-2006, 12:02 PM
But, not being a banker or stockbroker, holding other people's hard-earned money is uncomfortable for me.

The sanctity of other people's money is THAT important to me.

My defence is to say that my methods are intended to eliminate (as much as possible) any room for errors which result in wasting money belonging to others...

That's my story...

MC-
Here is something for you to think about.
1) Money orders cost money
2) You have to go somewhere to get one
3) If you don't do as you say or return one, getting your money
back is a PITA.

Since your costing these people MORE money with your policy, you might tell your thoughts from what you just posted.

montana_charlie
06-04-2006, 12:24 PM
MC-
Here is something for you to think about.
1) Money orders cost money
2) You have to go somewhere to get one
3) If you don't do as you say or return one, getting your money
back is a PITA.

Since your costing these people MORE money with your policy, you might tell your thoughts from what you just posted.
If all elements of a purchase are known from the outset, an individual can decide if he wants in, or not. I made everything painfully clear, and still got orders much faster than I ever imagined...with no complaints.

The only 'taker' who asked for a modification was one who prefers to send cash.

That indicates to me that some find my method to be (at least) reasonable...hopefully that will include enough folks to get orders for thirteen more sets of handles.

My thanks for the input from people who have no involvement with this purchase. I have been enlightned by their opinions.
It remains to be seen if their comments will have a chilling effect on those who do...or were intending to.
CM

RANGER RICK
06-04-2006, 04:50 PM
MC
Thanks for heading this up .I sure can always use more handles for sure .
Since you are the one heading this up all rules you have mentioned to this mould handle buy is your choice .
When I bought gas checks I went by Felix rules and if anyone else does a group buy I will follow their rules if I want to get the product .

As a small business owner ( bullets )I refuse to send any product to Canada .That is my rule .
I even broke my own rule once and it bit me in the right in the rear end.

Thanks again for your time and effert .

RR

waksupi
06-04-2006, 05:03 PM
It is the international shipping that can screw things up. As far as wanting Money Orders, I can see that. Some banks charge $40 or so for a bad check coming through your account. Don't know as how it has ever happened with this group, but the potential is always there.

montana_charlie
06-05-2006, 12:50 AM
UPDATE

The maker has set aside 15 sets of 'thin jaw' components for us. They measure .295" instead of .307", and are suitable for RCBS moulds.
His tooling is not designed for this thickness, and he has to add a shim on the hinge pin in order to make the jaw faces line up properly. This leaves a visible gap between the two jaw components which means the thin sets are not as 'pretty' as his standard product. Therefore, he does not like the solution, and will not produce any more thin sets.

Currently, I have requests for 11 thin (RCBS) sets...leaving 4 available.

When those are spoken for, that is all.
CM

LET-CA
06-05-2006, 01:25 AM
I'll take mine in the thin variety (two of them) I have a Lachmiller mold and and RCBS mold that will use them.

Thanks!

montana_charlie
06-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Alright, LET-CA, they are locked in for you. That leaves 2 available.

An additional note regarding the thin handles...

I have obtained an agreement from the maker that the thin-jawed sets will all have the light colored maple handles.

Most, if not all, of the standard thickness sets will have Green Heart (dark wood) for handles.

For those who are getting both types, I will mix-n-match so that you do get dark wood on your standard ones. That way, your thin and thick sets will be 'color coded' by wood type.

We are now at 39 sets requested, and waiting to reach a total of 48.
If you are interested, speak up. I have everything else needed to get this ball rolling.

CM

Beau Cassidy
06-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Alright fellas, I been measuring some molds for handles. I know, I know, some of you probably have done that already but here is my spill, good or bad..

RCBS- 0.300. Very consistant amond different molds.

H&G- 0.258, 0.255, 0.264 both 2 and 4 cavity.

Lyman 4 cav.- 0.248, 0.250

Lyman 1 cav.- 0.318 consistant for several molds.

Cramer- 0.315 only one on hand that I can find in my stash.

Saeco- 0.315 and 0.312 One each very old and fairly new mold.

Mountain Mold- 0.327, 0.310 suprise, suprise. I should have measured the rest. I would have expected more consistancy. The .327 dia. was a large block .500

NEI- 0.315, 0.310, 0.262 (old 5 cavity)- Can't find handles for this one.

Ohaus- 0.313. Only one in house. 2 cav.

Ballisticast- 0.320. Consistant among several 2 and 4 cav.

The handles, as expected, correspoded with their respective molds.

My order stands as previous. Handle color doesn't matter at the price we are getting. If anybody renigs, I will cover their stake up to 5 more.

Beau

montana_charlie
06-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Since the 'kibitzing input' was posted on Sunday, requests have tapered off rather dramatically...from one every hour or two, to none in a day and a half. I wondered if that would happen.

- If we have simply found everybody who is interested, we can adjust our package size to retain some cost efficiency and send in an order for what has been requested.

- If there are guys who are 'thinking about it', it would be helpful if they would make that decision and speak up.

- If kibitzing has caused some prospective buyers to 'shy away' due to a lack of confidence...what can I say. Only one person has any funds at risk (at this point) and I will make sure he gets his stuff, even if this deal were to fall apart.

Some may be staying out because they have been made to think money order fees (and such) make the price higher than necessary.
Here is an example of the figures for an actual buyer who has 1 set on order.

Handle cost - $21
Shipping from Canada to me - $1.41
Shipping from me to him (in Minnesota) - $4.05
Insurance - $1.30 (otherwise, a 50 cent charge for Delivery Confirmation)
PayPal surcharge - $.67 (a money order would have cost him $.95)
Total - $28.43

His total outlay for shipping (both segments) is $6.46. If he ordered direct from Rick, he would pay $10.00 for shipping and $24.95 for the handles.
The 'group buy' method (that I'm using) saves him $6.53

The same guy paying with a money order (instead of PayPal) would spend 28 cents more.

The guy who buys four (or more) sets gets the sweetest deal because it works best to ship from me to him in a Flat Rate Box, while he pays $5.64 for shipping from Canada to me. That makes $13.74 for total shipping instead of $25 for a direct order...and he saves that four bucks on each set of handles.
If he also pays for a money order and insurance, he gets four sets at his door for $99.99...not $124.80.

A word about fees for buying money orders, since that seems to be a back breaker for one of the kibitzers. A Postal Money Order, for any amount that is likely to be seen in this group buy, costs 95 cents. Compare that with the amount of electricity you burn smelting a single bucket of wheelweights.

On the same subject of money order fees...When I send the funds to Canada, that will be in International Money Orders which cannot exceed $700. So, it will take more than one.
Rather than trying to figure those into the amounts requested from buyers (because I won't know how many to buy until I'm at the Post Office) I will cover those fees myself...but hopefully out of my 'slush fund'. That same fund will (I'm fairly confident) also provide rebates of a buck or two slipped into each package of handles going out. (The thing which might interfere with those rebates is if Customs decides to charge import duties on the packages. That could eat up a slush fund pretty quick.)

You guys know what RCBS and other high-priced handles sell for. And you know how much you pay to have them shipped.
Compare those numbers with these and you should see an advantage in ordering.

Just nine more pairs to reach 48 sets...who wants 'em?
CM

45 2.1
06-06-2006, 10:33 AM
About the 'kibitzing input', it seems to have been correct. Your last post pretty well confirms that. It would never have came up, but your "funny" post about running off with the money wasn't taken to well by several folks that didn't post anything and warranted some response. Maybe your seeing the results of it now. Now behave like a man about it and quit crapping.

montana_charlie
06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
your "funny" post about running off with the money wasn't taken to well by several folks that didn't post anything and warranted some response.

Now behave like a man about it and quit crapping.
I, once again, find myself in your debt 45 2.1...this time for that lesson in manhood.

But, I am curious about how you stayed so well-informed about the thoughts of those 'several that didn't post'.

Did they request that you be their spokesman to convey their views?
Or did you simply use their 'shyness' as an opportunity to disrupt this group buy?

Is it possible that, since you don't want in, you'd perfer to see others staying out...or getting out?

Did I detect a hint of glee in your response to my report that orders had dropped off?

You (and others, apparently) may disagree with my methods, which is fine, but they have been totally visible to all since the start. There is nothing hidden which will pop out unexpectedly.

The promptness of your last 'lesson' makes it appear that a you are keeping very close tabs on the progress of this project.
Have you just been waiting, ever since it began, for the right moments to strike?

It could be that your version of 'manhood' is something I might not find to be all that admirable if it involves 'politics behind the scene' and 'backstabbing in public'.

This entire exchange should have been carried out via Private Message. But, it didn't start that way, so I have not elected to shift it to that venue.

If you have nothing good to say of this project, 45 2.1, I would appreciate it of you would keep your opinions 'Private' (as in Private Messages to me, or to those in need of your counsel), or 'private' (as in to yourself).
Thank you for your support.
CM

Bucks Owin
06-07-2006, 11:38 AM
M C

And PayPal is not our friend, not just for some political reason, by using paypal you are supporting the very people who think we should not have guns in any form in the first place, and giving them more money to fight against the second amendment, and all of us here.

Michael

Amen brother. Even though PP was pretty convenient, I dropped my account when I learned of PP's "agenda" and would urge anybody else who uses their service to do likewise. Can you imagine the impact it would have if PP lost EVERY shooting enthusiast they have? Talk about a "statement"....!!!

My $0.02

Dennis

BTW, E-butt too!

montana_charlie
06-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Hello Buyers,

Orders have reached a point where I think I can trust my figures to cover the costs of this buy.

I will keep the buy open for new orders until noon on Monday, June 12th, in case any more trickle in...and they will get their totals figured immediately.

I have sent PMs with your total costs so you can start getting that squared away. Please DO reply to that PM to confirm (both) that you are still in...and that you received it. I will re-send, once, to any who do not reply.
Payment is due in my hand no later than Monday, June 26th.

Now is the time to make any modifications to your order that you've had in mind.
If you have been considering raising the number you requested, that will work to get us closer to the mark of 48 sets. Still have 7 to go...and of those there is still one thin set available.

Reaching that goal is not critical, it just maintains the economy in shipping costs I have been figuring on. If we should have to go with one incomplete 'case', the cost difference should be minor...and I can cover the 'extra'.

Thanks for the speed with which you have provided information to me, and the 'support' from several who remarked about 'other input'.
If all goes smoothly, I hope you will all have your handles not later than mid-July.
CM

montana_charlie
06-09-2006, 01:49 PM
UPDATE:

As I have lost the ability to continue to edit Post #1 of this thread, current status will be kept updated in this post.

The current list of 'takers' and the status of each is...

klausg - 2 (1 thin) - Paid
BeauCassidy - 5 (2 thin) - Paid
JudgeBAC - 2 (1 thin) - Confirmed
alamogunr - 2 - Paid
ktw - 4 (2 thin) - Paid
dragonrider - 2 - Paid
Ranger Rick - 3 - Paid
swampmaster - 5 - Paid
Bucks Owin - 2 (1 thin) - Confirmed
MT Gianni - 2 - Paid
Wayne Smith - 2 (2 thin) - Confirmed
fatnhappy - 1 (1 thin) - Confirmed
libbyman - 3 - Paid
NuJudge - 2 (2 thin) - Paid
floodgate - 1 - Paid
Poohgyrr - 2 (1 thin) - Paid

(Confirmed = Found billing PM to be acceptable)
(Paid = Gonna get handles whether he wants 'em or not!)

Current total spoken for... - 42 - sets (closed to new orders)

I will update this list and total as payments come in.
If you sent your money order and your status doesn't reflect that after a reasonable time...let me know.
CM

Poohgyrr
06-09-2006, 02:37 PM
PM sent on thin & regular.

Thanks.

montana_charlie
06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Well, men...noon came and went with no new orders. So, we are going with 42 as the number to ask for.

Your payments are trickling in, one or two per day...and I am showing that change in status up in Post #42 as it progresses.

Payment is due (to me) by June 26th, but I will submit the order before that if the money gets here sooner.
Rick says all of his metal parts are done and he is applying finish to the wood handles, now.

It looks like we won't be troubled by any delays...as long as Customs officials cooperate when the goods cross the border.

CM

RANGER RICK
06-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Sounds good .
Looking forward to the goodies .
Thanks again for all your time .
RR

LET-CA
06-13-2006, 10:39 PM
I just received four sets of these handles that I purchased via eBay. They are beautiful! I'm looking forward to my two thin sets from this buy for my RCBS molds. Based on what I've seen, I'd be happy to have a set for each mold. Top quality workmanship.

fatnhappy
06-19-2006, 11:10 AM
move to the top. should be a sticky

montana_charlie
06-19-2006, 04:50 PM
UPDATE:

Well...it happened again. Now, I have lost the ability to continue to edit Post #42 of this thread, so current status will be kept updated in this post...until it dies (too) or we no longer need the thread.

The current list of 'takers' and the status of each is...

klausg - 2 (1 thin) - Paid
BeauCassidy - 5 (2 thin) - Paid
JudgeBAC - 2 (1 thin) - Paid
alamogunr - 2 - Paid
ktw - 4 (2 thin) - Paid
dragonrider - 2 - Paid
Ranger Rick - 3 - Paid
swampmaster - 5 - Paid
Bucks Owin - 2 (1 thin) - Paid
MT Gianni - 2 - Paid
Wayne Smith - 2 (2 thin) - Paid
fatnhappy - 1 (1 thin) - Paid
libbyman - 3 - Paid
NuJudge - 2 (2 thin) - Paid
floodgate - 1 - Paid
Poohgyrr - 2 (1 thin) - Paid

(Confirmed = Found billing PM to be acceptable)
(Paid = Gonna get handles whether he wants 'em or not!)

Current total spoken for... - 42 - sets (closed to new orders)

I will update this list and total as payments come in.
If you sent your money order and your status doesn't reflect that after a reasonable time...let me know.

CM

Bucks Owin
06-25-2006, 02:55 PM
I noticed that the final price at E-butt was $12.90 US funds when the smoke cleared bidding wise. So is that what we'll end up paying or was the deal with him for 42 sets at the $26 ea price?

(Still a pretty good price...)

Dennis

montana_charlie
06-25-2006, 03:20 PM
The price was posted in Post #16 of the thread.
That was (and is) $21 per set. Your total price was around $52 for two sets. The 'extra' is for shipping from him to me...and from me to you.

In Post #8 I explained how I plan to handle any 'left over money'. Although almost everybody said I should just 'keep it'...and some even sent 'extra' (in appreciation, I guess)...the possibility of a modest 'rebate' still exists.

That depends on how big my 'slush fund' turns out to be, and whether a purchase this large needs any import duties to be paid.

Rick won't try to fool Customs about the value of his product, but he is modifying his packaging to try to keep everything 'under the radar'.

Once the whole load is in my hands, I will know where we stand.
CM

LET-CA
06-25-2006, 06:03 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the price is what was posted here. I happened to purchase some of those sets on the eBay auction - but that was a separate transaction. To my knowledge, there was never any indication that any kind of price-match being offered. Those who wanted to go the eBay route, had to enter into a competitive bidding process. I am delighted with the product, having received my initial purchase, and look forward to receiving the extra sets from this group buy.

My thanks to Montana Charlie for being the honcho of this!

Red River Rick
06-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks to montana charlie for all his hard work in setting up this group buy with me, I appreciatte the business. For those of you who purchased handles thru this buy, you won't be dissapointed with the quality and workmanship, if so, I'll gladly refund your purchase price, less shipping.

Once again. thanks to all who contributed towards the order and a special thanks to montana charlie for making it work.

Rick.

swampmaster
06-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks to montana charlie for all his hard work in setting up this group buy with me, I appreciatte the business. For those of you who purchased handles thru this buy, you won't be dissapointed with the quality and workmanship, if so, I'll gladly refund your purchase price, less shipping.

Once again. thanks to all who contributed towards the order and a special thanks to montana charlie for making it work.

Rick.

Thanks To montana charlie and to you rick I am fairly easy to please so as long as everything is perfect I will be fine :mrgreen:

swampmaster
06-26-2006, 06:39 PM

Rick.

Thanks To montana charlie and to you rick I am fairly easy to please so as long as everything is perfect I will be fine :mrgreen:

Poohgyrr
06-27-2006, 03:08 AM
OK, my turn...

THANKS!!!! To MC & Rick for the handles I expect to get in the mail, and steveb for letting me know about this place.

:drinks: :Fire:

montana_charlie
06-27-2006, 02:14 PM
For those of you who purchased handles thru this buy, you won't be dissapointed with the quality and workmanship,
Hey! Welcome to the forum, Rick. I see you took my suggestion.

I have a suspicion that everything you make, or choose to start making, can be expected to be first rate.
You have a 'captive audience' here that may be big enough to keep you in beans and biscuits (if not steak) as long as you can offer quality stuff at a modestly discounted price.

Your paper patch bullet moulds look pretty slick, and some may be interested.
But, if you can get set up to make GG moulds, they might keep you too busy to take showers. Some of these guys seem to buy new moulds 'just because it's Wednesday'...or 'because it's been thirty days since the last thunderstorm'.

Again, welcome...and don't be shy.
CM

montana_charlie
06-28-2006, 12:30 PM
OK, Gentlemen,
Everybody's payment arrived in time, so I went to town yesterday to send the order. Got afflicted by some confusion about the kind of financial instrument Rick needs, so had to come home and exchange a pair of emails with him.

The order went in the mail today. With luck, I'll have the handles in two weeks (or less), and I will ship them out immediately to you.

One or two of you have told me about possible address changes in the near future. Just keep me informed by PM, and I'll adjust.
CM

Bucks Owin
06-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks for all your efforts CM, it's appreciated!

Dennis :drinks:

klausg
06-28-2006, 08:31 PM
CM-thanks again for all the work; Rick- if your handles are half as good as they look/and are being reported here I'm sure I'll be happy. I guess I get to start circling the mailbox like a buzzard soon... Take care

-Klaus

RANGER RICK
07-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Thnks Red River Rick for you taking this order from Montana Charlie .
I am sure we will all like your handles .
You know what would look good attached to one of those handles ???
That's right one of your paper patch molds , 45 and the 50 .
I am wondering if there would be enough interest to generate a paper patch mold group buy from you ??

I guess we will have to wait see !!!!!!!
I know I would order one .

RR

montana_charlie
07-05-2006, 11:35 AM
PRIGRESS REPORT:

I received an email from Rick at 9:00 AM (Mountain) saying he has received the money orders. He plans to have the handles enroute to me by noon today.

With luck, they should get to me in about a week...if they don't get hung up in U.S. Customs. If that happens, I am willing to drive up to the border to shepherd them across.
You can bet I'm hoping that doesn't become necessary.

You'll know more when I do...
CM

montana_charlie
07-15-2006, 11:35 AM
UPDATE:

Today is July 15th. I was fondly hoping that, by now, I would be shipping handles out to you guys.
As it happens, they have not yet reached me.

Of course, I have no experience with the Canadian mail system...so I don't know if I should be concerned, or not. All I can do, right now, is continue to wait for an arrival. But, I wanted you to know 'what's happening'...which is 'nothing yet'...in the event that you are starting to wonder.

You'll know more when I do...
CM

waksupi
07-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Isn't it funny, the NAFTA free trade agreement works for big companies, but individuals get the short end of the stick? Should have just loaded the handles on a load of logs. They come right in, with no problem.

montana_charlie
07-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Dang, waksupi!
I just Googled up a map of Montana to see where Somers is located in case I wanted to drive over for a cup of coffee. It looks like I can't get there from here...I'd have to go someplace else just to start out.

You ever fish for those Mackinaw trout in Flathead?
CM

waksupi
07-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Dang, waksupi!
I just Googled up a map of Montana to see where Somers is located in case I wanted to drive over for a cup of coffee. It looks like I can't get there from here...I'd have to go someplace else just to start out.

You ever fish for those Mackinaw trout in Flathead?
CM

Charlie, this isn't the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
Nope, I'm not a mac fisherman. That is one big Jose of a lake down the hill from me, and I don't have a boat big enough, to be out on it safely. A boat swamped last week, and two guys drowned. and they had a pretty good sized craft.
So, I fish the sloughs and smaller lakes for pike, and lakes, streams and reservoirs for trout. I need to get in some fishing time, and may try for pike tomorrow.
There are some gawd awful big lake trout come out of Flathead Lake, though.

georgeld
07-16-2006, 03:16 AM
I missed out on the handle buy, but, NBD. There will be another before long with top quality products like these.

Back in the early 70's I hauled a big transformer to the sawmill at Calispell, from Rome Ga. Good long drive for a week.
Drove up along the east side for miles watching for a place big enough to park the rig so I could fish for those small silver colored salman thrashing the water for 200yds from shore without a break in over 20 miles. Was at least half way up the over 40+ mile lake before I found a place to park.
Then, didn't matter what I threw out, caught a fish. Had a ball for hours til my arms were aching and never pulled it in without a fish. Finally a warden stopped to check me out and I handed him the rod so I could rest my hands and arms. Made him slow down long enough to look at my license. We parted good friends and he'd caught a bunch of them too. All about a foot or 14" long, 3/4lb, good little fighters.
That was the best fishing I've ever experienced and in one of the most beautiful areas too.

George

montana_charlie
07-17-2006, 12:50 PM
GOOD NEWS!

I just got off the phone with our local Postmistress.
She called to inform me that I have four parcels from Canada that require my signature. I forgot to ask if there were any Customs duties to be paid.

I already have a trip to town (Great Falls) on today's schedule, so I will stop in Vaughn to pick them up.

Once I see them, I can start accumulating proper sized packing materials and get them on their way to y'all.

Won't be long now...
CM

RANGER RICK
07-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Good deal.
I have some new molds that need to be mated up .
Looking forward to them.

LET-CA
07-17-2006, 06:33 PM
I have four sets of these that I've purchased directly from him and an happy to report that they're worth the wait. Very high quality construction. I'm putting a set on each of my moulds.

Bucks Owin
07-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Hooray!

Had a casting session today and was swapping blocks around wishing I had the new handles.....

Drooling in anticipation,

Dennis :Fire:

montana_charlie
07-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I have mould handles, little boxes, and bubble wrap scattered from Hell to breakfast in my living room. Good thing my wife's in Spain for a month.
Just wish she had told me where she keeps all of her Priority Mail address labels.
I know she has a ton of them for her eBay stuff...but I can't find 'em.

That means another 50 mile round trip to the Great Falls post office for more 'supplies'. (Too bad the little office in Vaughn doesn't keep more of that 'stuff' on hand.)
Looks like any excess in my 'slush fund' is going to be buying gasoline, instead of cold drinks.

Between bring cows home from summer pasture and irrigating alfalfa...it'll be a day or two before I get things ready to ship out, but hang in there. It should all be downhill from here...
CM

waksupi
07-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Charlie, callthe PM, at the PO, in Vaughn. Tell them what you need, and they should have them for you the next day.

montana_charlie
07-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, waksupi, but that would mean a two-day delay. I called ahead to make sure I wouldn't waste a trip, and got the stuff from Great Falls.
Took more than an hour to get out of there, though. Seems quite a few of my former co-workers just had to ask Ol' Charlie what 'Life after Postal Service' is really like.

Even traded nods with a couple of the manager-types that I knew before. It was obvious to me that they would still benefit greatly from being shot....but I didn't say that.

So, gentlemen, everything is packed up and ready.
I am moving cattle tomorrow morning, and that always has the potential to take longer than expected. If we get started as early as intended, we should be turning them into my south pasture about noon.
It all depends on how much 'cowboy adventure' we have to deal with.

Therefore, I (may or) may not have enough time in the afternoon to get it mailed. But, it's all going out of here not later than Thursday.

I believe that everything is configured to comply with the individual orders. When I got down to the last mailing label, I had one set of thin handles left...and that is what the listing said was supposed to go in that box.

That means, no matter how bad I might have screwed things up, fatnhappy (at least) will get exactly what he ordered.

I have to give a big thanks to Rick Kalynuik (the maker) for how he handled his end of this deal. He was right there with information whenever I needed some, and he did everything in his power to make things go smoothly.
THANKS, RICK!

I'll post again on Thursday to confirm that everything went according to plan...unless I get bucked off tomorrow.
(It wouldn't be the first time...)
CM

fatnhappy
07-18-2006, 09:02 PM
That means, no matter how bad I might have screwed things up, fatnhappy (at least) will get exactly what he ordered.

BTW, The address you have is good. I've been avoiding any more groups buys since I'll be moving next month, right about the time the fatter 30 should deliver. [smilie=1:

montana_charlie
07-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Start watching your mailboxes, boys, 'cause everything is in the mail.
When your package arrives, please PM me (or post to this thread) so I can cross you off of my list...otherwise I'll nag you to death.

I have confidence that the Postal Service will get everything to it's destination in good shape, but let me know if there are any problems. I'll be keeping all of the insurance receipts (for those who wanted it) until I know you got your stuff.

I am quite happy with my handles (standard thickness), and the way they fit my NEI moulds.
I bet you will like 'em, too.
CM

libbyman
07-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Got mine today. 3 sets. These handles are almost to pretty to use to mold
bullets. But what the hay, I will give it a try.

Ken in NW Mt.

dragonrider
07-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Charlie, I am still waiting but wanted to say thanks for your efforts.

swampmaster
07-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Nice handles received mine today now I need more moulds to attach them to. I wonder if he would do a 4 banger group buy, as I need a couple 4 banger handles

fatnhappy
07-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Got my handles today. They're top shelf!

floodgate
07-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Start watching your mailboxes, boys, 'cause everything is in the mail.
When your package arrives, please PM me (or post to this thread) so I can cross you off of my list...otherwise I'll nag you to death.

I have confidence that the Postal Service will get everything to it's destination in good shape, but let me know if there are any problems. I'll be keeping all of the insurance receipts (for those who wanted it) until I know you got your stuff.

CM

Charlie:

Handles arrived today and I am VERY impressed; they fit both large and small Lyman / Ideal blocks, and are especially comfortable with the small ones, which I have most of. Thanks for honcho-ing this one; let me know if you came up at all short, $$$-wise.

floodgate

Wayne Smith
07-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Got mine today too, and should have ordered more! They are beautifully made, blued, and put together.

LET-CA
07-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Mine arrived also. They're permantly affixed to two of my RCBS moulds already. I've purchased eight sets of these and love them. As stated by all the others, thanks for hosting this Charlie!

Lenny

Bucks Owin
07-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Got my handles yesterday and love 'em. The thin set fits my RCBS molds perfectly and the other size works good with my Lyman blocks...(Altho' I had to "massage" them a little bit on the grinder, seems the holes were just "one of them hairs" off....)

Thanks much for all your efforts Charles! :drinks:

Dennis

BTW, the polished ferrules look real classy!

dragonrider
07-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Got my handles yesteray and I am impressed with the quality. Haven't installed any molds in them yet but don't forsee any problems. Once again thanks Charlie for your hard work.

Beau Cassidy
07-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Got. 'em! Thanks. They look good.

Beau

RANGER RICK
07-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Just got back from the post office with some fine heavy duty mold handles.
These are some of the best quality handles I have seen and I have about every handle made .

Thanks again Charlie for all the time and hard work you put into this .
Congrats .

RR

montana_charlie
07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Ok, Gemtlemen, this group buy has reached it's conclusion.

Between tracking information on the USPS website, your PM's, and posts to this thread...I am assured that all have recieved their handles.

There were no reports of damage or dissatisfaction, so no 'adjustments' will be required.

Any who might wish to order some of these handles directly from the maker can contact him with a PM (on this forum) to Red River Rick...or at:

Rick Kalynuik
KAL Tool & Die
656 Stewart Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R2Y 1N9 CANADA

My work here is done...and my thanks to you for making it easy.
CM

swampmaster
07-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks Again but now how about a 6 banger handle group buy