PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Primers-S\Shell Powder

ka0tqv
01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Anyone have experience using mag primers w\cb loads, especially in cartridges below 7mm C. E. Harris's (Cast Bullet Loads for Miiltary Rifles) gives lots of data for 7mm and up and then tells you to go to published loads for the smaller caliber rifles. I know a mag primer is considered the equivalent of 2grn's of powder. Maybe I've answered myself but would lile to know if anyone has used BULLSEYE, RedDot, 700X or others and if satisfactory or not. I own a 6.5x50mm carbine, having the blbl slugged and hoping for good results. CW

HORNET
01-08-2010, 09:48 AM
It works fine the couple of times I've tried it. I didn't use them much because I didn't have many of them. Back off the loads a little and work back up. Bass Ackwards used to claim they gave more uniform ignition and reduced powder position sensitivity if you were using the faster powders without fillers. Go for it.

mpmarty
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Heck that looks like an Arisaka and if it is don't worry about it handling a bit of extra pressure. Those are some of the strongest actions ever made.