PDA

View Full Version : What does "Leemented" mean?

KansasScout
01-02-2010, 08:16 PM
What does this term mean?

winelover
01-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Extra work---buy real metal moulds---cast iron!

Winelover:bigsmyl2:

No_1
01-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Take a look here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=654
Try the search feature to find more info.

Robert

Shiloh
01-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Some LEE molds require more 'fixing' than others. My LEE molds cast fine usable boolits.

Shiloh

johnlaw484
01-02-2010, 08:45 PM
I use Lee 6 cavity mold and have no problem what so ever.
They cast every bit as good and the high priced brand it's just that Richard has a different way of looking at things.

HammerMTB
01-02-2010, 10:00 PM
What does this term mean?

As you can see from the linked post above, there are things you can do to improve the performance of your Lee mold.
It so happens that the term "Leementing" has a lilt to it.
No one wants to talk about molds they had to perform "Lyman-menting" or "RCBS-Menting"
Not only does it have no lilt, it means the owner of the mold paid too much and got too little..... [smilie=1:
You can fix most Lee mold idiosyncracies with just a little bit of effort and massage.
Have a look at the Leementing posts and make your mold give you the boolit you want.

KansasScout
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Thank you gentlemen. I am new to this and the lingo was unknown. Thanks for the search tip at the right place. I have saved that info for the future. I will almost certainly buy Lee molds for my first. I have used Lee stuff for years and it works great.

mpmarty
01-03-2010, 01:30 AM
I've got seven LEE molds and one RCBS. The LEE molds are easier to use and much nicer to handle as they weigh much less than iron or brass molds do. Six banger LEEs make high production a snap and all six of my LEE molds work as advertised right out of the box. Just follow the directions and don't clobber up the vent lines with mold release junk.

WHITETAIL
01-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Scout, Welcome to the forum!:redneck:

XWrench3
01-03-2010, 03:00 PM
i guess that some folks have had a terrible time with lee molds, and have since judged them scrap. out of 6 lee molds, i had to send one back to lee because it was casting out of round (factory mismachining). they replaced it. i have not tried any of the cast iron molds, mostly because of cost, and the fact that they do not make six cavity molds (because popeye would get a hernia trying to lift them). lee molds are a bit tempermental. i do not know if the iron molds are as tempermental as aluminum ones or not. but, once the aluminum molds are clean, and up to temp, i see no problems with them whatsoever. i can buy two six cavity lee molds for the price of one cast iron two hole mold. i dont have to worry about the lee molds rusting, or degrease them everytime i use them. i am quite happy with lee molds. the biggest drawback with them is no hollow point molds, unless you are lucky enough to run across an old one.