PDA

View Full Version : Reduce, Reload, Recycle !

watkibe
12-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Hey, have you ever thought about this ? Reloaders were the original environmentalists !
We have been re-using brass and lead since the invention of the metallic cartridge, long before the first Earth Day. I should know, the first Earth Day happened while I was in high school...
But do you think the watermelons (green on the outside, red on the inside, lol) will ever give us any credit for doing our bit to save the planet?
Nooooooooo! :wink:

bohokii
12-30-2009, 09:55 PM
picking up brass is no where near the compensation casters owe for gathering lead that was probably going to be recycled into something that would be recycled

instead we grab it cast it into little pellets and spray them all over gods creation

nicholst55
12-30-2009, 11:54 PM
So, does that mean that Galena, Kansas and Galena, IL, should be Superfund cleanup sites?

357maximum
12-31-2009, 04:36 AM
We have been scroungers far longer than since the metallic cartridge. Ever heard of a stump shoot? Back in the day shooters would gather and show their prowness with their frontstuffers. They shot into a slice of stump. The winner kept the stump as his prize.....a trophy made of firewood and lead...win win.

HORNET
12-31-2009, 09:12 AM
nicholst55 said:
So, does that mean that Galena, Kansas and Galena, IL, should be Superfund cleanup sites?
IIRC, back a few years ago the EPA proposed removing and replacing 4 feet of topsoil from Leadville, CO. at a phenomenal cost due to high lead levels (imagine that :roll: ). One of the doctors at the local hospital said they regularly tested patients for lead levels and there wasn't any problem with them but , if they wanted to save lives, they really needed to fix the roads to the local ski resort...

PatMarlin
12-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Stump shoot. That's my recycling program.

JSnover
12-31-2009, 12:28 PM
instead we grab it cast it into little pellets and spray them all over gods creation

That's not wrong, is it? We clean that lead and put it back into the ground from whence it came. Just our way of leaving the planet in better condition than we found it :)

Three-Fifty-Seven
12-31-2009, 01:11 PM
. . .

[smilie=s: