PDA

View Full Version : Can You I.D. these

Greg in Malad
12-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I am not computer savy, learning to post this photo was a 2 hour adventure.
The next time I have a mid-life crisis I am going to buy a sports car, not a computer!

anyway I thought I would show some of my recent casting efforts.

Anyone who can correctly identify all the boolits by mould, weight, lube, type of alloy,and casting temperature will receive an old LEE mould that was bored so far off center the boolits can't be pried free with a screwdriver.

454PB
12-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Good picture, Greg. I wouldn't even attempt to I.D. all of them.

I hear ya about learning to post pictures, it took me a while too.

One suggestion is to use an off-site host. I see that this picture is posted on the castboolits server. By using an off site host, you can easily post a larger picture without using your castboolits allowed storage. I use Photobucket, Shutterfly, and Imageshack.

Lead melter
12-25-2009, 10:51 PM
1] The moulds are the ones that cast them.
2] The weights are exactly how much they weigh.
3] The lube is the kind that is in the grooves.
4] The alloy type/types are those from which the boolits were cast.
5] The temperatures were those at which they were cast.

Now, how do I pick up my Lee treasure?

Buckshot
12-25-2009, 11:39 PM
.............I'd say the lube was Carnauba Red, but as for the rest trying to see the boolit detail would have me crosseyed in no time!

..............Buckshot

Greg in Malad
12-26-2009, 12:00 AM
I tried to use photobucket, It didn't work. I guess I need another 2 hours, It will have to wait until tomorrow, the .223 needs more boolits. And I wasn't kidding, the mould was bored so far off centerline it took a screwdriver to pry them out.
It must have been a monday morning mould.

Shiloh
12-26-2009, 11:44 AM
I can't access the pictures.

Shiloh

OLPDon
12-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Shiloh
Ditto on the access to pic's here

44wcf
12-26-2009, 12:05 PM
I can't access the pictures.

Shiloh

me neither.

swheeler
12-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Greg the alloy must be invisillum cast in a noseeum mold!

454PB
12-26-2009, 02:16 PM
As you can see, Greg did an edit and apparently messed up. The picture appeared in the post before it was edited.

mpmarty
12-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Simple, those are noseeums.

TAWILDCATT
12-26-2009, 06:24 PM
I dont see it either.

snuffy
12-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Can't see the pics either.

I use image event for my pics. It's not a free hosting site, costs about $20.00/year, BUT the pics are always at my disposal, and the storage size is enormous.

http://www.imageevent.com/

Uploading to their site is easy, simply have the digital pics in a file on your computer, click upload on the image event site. You can then click on the image once uploaded, then choose "copy image location". Then drop that copied link into the picture icon in the tool bar at the top of this window, like this;

http://photos.imageevent.com/jptowns/arrow/websize/P6210041.JPG

mmmm, that's a pork butt roast I did on my smoker last summer!

Shiloh
12-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, I see this pic!!

You do pork roasts on a smoker as well!! Outstanding.

When I don't have the time, I do them on a Weber Grill. Succulent!!

Shiloh

randyrat
12-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Now i know who cut my Hickory tree down. You send me the pork shoulder and we will call it even. I know it was Hickory smoked, i can smell it from here. Now my mouth is watering so bad, i may have to dig the smoker out of the snow. I gotta have some smoked meat.

I can't see the original pics either.

Greg in Malad
12-26-2009, 09:27 PM
OK so I am computer stupid! I deleted my attachment file and didn't realize it would delete all photos. The bad thing about learning to use a computer on a forum is the whole world gets to see my mistakes. In the shop I melt them down and cast them again.

runfiverun
12-26-2009, 09:56 PM
told you coming over would cause my poor puter skills to rub off on ya.
the photobucket i suggested earlier today does work, if you need help call over and talk to Dawn she knows the drill.

snuffy
12-27-2009, 02:54 AM
I always have a bunch of windows open at one time, I didn't mean to hijack this thread with pics of food! That was just where I ended my last session on image event.

I should take a pic tomorrow of the smoker buried under 6" of snow, then put another one of it with that roast about half done right alongside of it. Fact is, I'm real hungry for some "Q" as slick calls it, it's only December! 4 months to the earliest I could fire up the smoker!:groner:[smilie=b:

http://photos.imageevent.com/jptowns/arrow/websize/P6210042.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/jptowns/arrow/websize/P6210037.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/jptowns/arrow/websize/P5310031.JPG

There I done it, got a good start on cabin fever!:sad:

Greg in Malad
12-27-2009, 02:58 AM
told you coming over would cause my poor puter skills to rub off on ya.
the photobucket i suggested earlier today does work, if you need help call over and talk to Dawn she knows the drill.

Thank you.
I will have to call for help. it is midnight and I still can't get photobucket to work, I keep getting "invalid file" when I try to upload. Enough for today, I need to be up early for tomorrows 500gr. rabbit hunt. No boolits under 500grs. are allowed.

Southern Son
12-28-2009, 03:49 AM
Snuffy, We cook different down here, so you will have to explain to my why your roast appears to have a fuse protruding from the end.

hoosierlogger
12-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Snuffy, We cook different down here, so you will have to explain to my why your roast appears to have a fuse protruding from the end.

Thats what makes it tender. LOL

snuffy
12-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Chuckle!:mrgreen:

That's a Maverick remote sensing thermometer probe. It's hooked to a transmitter that sends to a remote unit inside the house, or your hammock, floating in the pool?[smilie=w: The remote can be set to a desired temp, then it beeps when it reaches the pre-set temp. Works good, takes the guesswork out of whether it's done or not.

mannyCA
12-29-2009, 01:11 AM
A remote sensor thingamajiggy? I just wait for the little white button with red pop up to let me know its done...:shock: