PDA

View Full Version : Good GC cast boolit for the .270?

Bucks Owin
05-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I have a couple of old Winchester .270s, a 1935 Model 54 and a 1941 M-70* that I still shoot sparingly with jacketed bullet high velocity loads but I was thinking that it would be a lot "gentler" on them to start shooting a cast boolit concoction. Both have some erosion forward of the chamber although still plenty accurate for occasional varmint shooting or hunting...

What are some recommendations for a mould to start experimenting with?

TIA,

Dennis

* This rifle was originally on order from the factory by Col Townsend Whelen himself. Him and my Dad were "pen pals" and the good Colonel let the ol' man buy it when Dad was discharged after the Pacific campaign. (and survived Pearl Harbor BTW.....)

Scrounger
05-22-2006, 04:20 PM
I have only used one, the RCBS 270-150-SP, never needed to look further. I think I have an extra one of those molds if you're interested. If I do, it's $37 or $50 if it has handles on it. That's shipped.

Bucks Owin
05-23-2006, 10:59 AM
I have only used one, the RCBS 270-150-SP, never needed to look further. I think I have an extra one of those molds if you're interested. If I do, it's $37 or $50 if it has handles on it. That's shipped.

Sounds good! PM sent...