PDA

View Full Version : Doing the gun show circuit

PGBsuperior
05-22-2006, 03:18 PM
We did the gun show in Wichita Falls over the weekend, and it went well for a springtime gun show. I hear they are better in the fall. Anyway I met many of those I've shared halls with at other shows again and we are becoming friends, and I'm networking more and more with these people, which is really very nice.

Since moving to Texas I've done shows in Abilene, Fort Worth, Ranger, Denton, and Wichita Falls, and I'm looking forward to the next one. As soon as I get caught up on my machine casting I'm going to do a hell of a lot of hand casting and take a full range of bullets with me to the next show, including such exotics as 43 Mauser, .455 Webley, .303 British, .50-70, 43 Spanish, and the 130 grain spire point gas checked .308 bullets I've recently started shooting in my garands and am so pleased with.

At this last show I got the good feeling of being a fixture in the gun show circuit, and well known as that woman who comes to the shows with Buddy.

I guess that something anyway...

Amy

Buckshot
05-22-2006, 08:48 PM
..................So Amy, I take it you sell cast boolits? Howdja end up doing that?

.................Buckshot

PGBsuperior
05-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Oh gee, I ended up doing that when I moved to northern CA, and suddenly I could shoot all I wanted, but soon learned that I didn't want to pay for commecial ammo. So I started reloading, and not long after that I learned that I also didn't want to pay for bullets. So then I got this little Lyman 10 lb. lead pot and started hand casting with a ladle.

I had passed out some of my bullets at the range, and Huintington's in Oroville got wind of what I was doing, and they called me up to ask, "Hey can you make us 3000 of these?

Suddenly I was in business.

The staff and Huntington's, where I did a lot of business, were great people, Bob Post and Len Martin are some of the greatest guys you'd ever wanna meet, and we got on famously. I ended up with a MagmaMuthuCaster MK5 and a Magma Lubemaster from which point it really took off.

I did all Huntington's bulk bullets and all their custom order casting for a couple years, until Kalifornia basically drove me out. I landed in Ranger TX where Buddy and I are quite happy, but Freddy Hunitington, being the tightwad he is, doesn't want to pay for shipping, so that's in the past.

Amy