PDA

View Full Version : Get a blood lead level test!

zampilot
12-20-2009, 09:52 AM
A year ago a buddy suggested I get a baseline blood lead level just in case I started growing extra arms, legs, eyes etc as a result of lead poisoning due to boolit casting. Well, I did, got a routine blood workup. Two weeks later the results came in, my blood lead was non-existant but something just as deadly showed up in the lab test. After surgery and rad I'm fine (hopefully).
The moral of the story is get your blood tested for lead levels and anything else they can do on the same vial of blood, don't think it can't happen to you, or worse, that you are "immune" or "doesnt run in my family" !

Freightman
12-20-2009, 10:37 AM
My grippie old doctor insist on blood work every six mo. I think he is a vampire.

walker77
12-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, i had my dr write up lab work for my next visit. I asked him if we could do a lead test too, hes like sure! But how come, do you live in an old house or something? I was like uuuuhhhh not exactly. I didnt really know how to tell him, cause you know how people are about guns. But i told him i took up a new hobby of making my own bullets and i want to make sure im doing it safe. He was like oh wow thats neat!!! What kind of guns do you have? It cracked me up, i sure wasnt expecting a reaction like that.

Jumping Frog
12-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Funny this would come up right now, because I just got the results of my lead test on Friday: No detectible lead levels.

jdgabbard
12-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, i had my dr write up lab work for my next visit. I asked him if we could do a lead test too, hes like sure! But how come, do you live in an old house or something? I was like uuuuhhhh not exactly. I didnt really know how to tell him, cause you know how people are about guns. But i told him i took up a new hobby of making my own bullets and i want to make sure im doing it safe. He was like oh wow thats neat!!! What kind of guns do you have? It cracked me up, i sure wasnt expecting a reaction like that.

Kinda like what my doc said. He is a Silver Star holder (and purple heart) from Vietnam. He was a Corpsman...

leadeye
12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
A few years ago my doctor ordered some blood work for a strange illness. After looking at the results he asked if I was a heavy drinker. I asked him what he meant by that, so he asked me about alcohol consumption levels. I said maybe 5-6 drinks or beers per week. He asked me what I did for a living and I told him about working in the paint business. He said that explained whatever he was looking at.

Edubya
12-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Marvin, you should have told him what your handle on this forum is!
EW