PDA

View Full Version : Cast Boolits, USA--our own town?

Recluse
12-19-2009, 12:21 PM
I posted a question about paint thinner v mineral spirits, expecting some great answers.

As usual, I was not disappointed.

Then it struck me, with over 11,000 strong and growing, the diversity that exists here could actually be a small town if we ever became of a mind to up and leave and settle/squat/homestead somewhere. Look at the talent we have:

--Farmers and rancher

--Mechanics, machinists, electricians, plumbers

--carpenters and framers

--truck drivers and pilots

--educators and administrators

--managers from all walks of the business world

--cops, soliders and the former of both

--financiers, planners and investors

--medical personnel

I'm sure I've missed a LOT of professions we have here, not to mention experience. So if things get REALLY bad, just take comfort in knowing that we could just chunk it all and become our own small town and probably be quite self-sufficient.

:coffee:

mag44uk
12-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Where do I send my application?
Cheers,
Tony

fatnhappy
12-19-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't think I want to live in a town with one service station and 10,999 other guys trying to get the wheel weights.

runfiverun
12-19-2009, 02:26 PM
woe the rest of the world where our economy is dominated by the lead,brass, and primer standard.
and it would be a fair sized [where i'm from] city, close to 50k with families.

hornsurgeon
12-19-2009, 02:43 PM
i bet the crime rate would be quite low!

Dennis Eugene
12-19-2009, 02:45 PM
11000, is not what I would call a small town. I lived in a big city for over nine months once that didn't have that many people. Dennis

2ndAmendmentNut
12-19-2009, 04:30 PM
It would definitely work. Where is the location for this town? How about TX.

autofix4u
12-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Im in when do we move. and I'll bring my own wheel weights.

C1PNR
12-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Let's just make it where it's warm with good hunting nearby. Texas sounds good. I already know a little Spanish. ;)

Deliverator
12-19-2009, 06:28 PM
We should all pitch in and buy Montana. All of it.

redneckdan
12-19-2009, 06:39 PM
I don't think I want to live in a town with one service station and 10,999 other guys trying to get the wheel weights.

As any ful kno, we'd have to have out own lead mine. :grin:

Dennis Eugene
12-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Count me out I ain't leaveing Alaska ya'll bring it up here ain't no free hunting in Texas anyways. Dennis

dromia
12-19-2009, 07:00 PM
It'd need a 1000 yrd firing range.

jim4065
12-19-2009, 07:13 PM
As any ful kno, we'd have to have out own lead mine. :grin:

Dan's right. Missouri or Illinois then - and can anyone stomach the thought of Illinois' politics?

Deliverator
12-19-2009, 07:26 PM
If we had a few more zeros we could change Illinois' politics... but alas with 11000 we can't do much... if we had like 11,000,000 that would be different.

lead Foot
12-19-2009, 07:29 PM
May bee we should move to a little atoll in the Pacific Ocean to get away from politicians. Call it Know Idea Atoll.
Jolly joke[smilie=l:
Lead foot;

jbc
12-19-2009, 07:37 PM
It'd need a 1000 yrd firing range.

ahh yes - for 44man's short range pistol practice no doubt:kidding:

Crash_Corrigan
12-19-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm gonna have to look into this. There was a place in Missouri where the Indians had a lead mine and I am sure that there is plenty left there.

WE also need a plantation of willow trees. That stuff makes dandy charcoal for black powder. Some Sulphur and we can make Potassium from piles of manure from cattle. We need some of those to eat anyway.

If we could find a couple of thousand acres of land with forests and some arable land this could work. WE could put up a fence around it and keep out illegal immigrants and such.

As for housing..what is wrong with log homes? Easy to build and the material is already on the land.

Jim
12-19-2009, 08:01 PM
I nominate Felix for mayor and Crash Corrigan for Chief of Police.

runfiverun
12-19-2009, 08:03 PM
dibs on running the rifle pistol shotgun silhouette full auto pit outdoor indoor bulls eye 5 stand clays trap skeet plinking range.
with bbq pit and beer stand with pro shop of course.

Ekalb2000
12-19-2009, 08:04 PM
We should all pitch in and buy Montana. All of it.

My wife want to retire there. So I guess im in.

Jim
12-19-2009, 08:08 PM
dibs on running the rifle pistol shotgun silhouette full auto pit outdoor indoor bulls eye 5 stand clays trap skeet plinking range.
with bbq pit and beer stand with pro shop of course.

No dibs. Ya' gotta run for the office an' get elected.:bigsmyl2:

RayinNH
12-19-2009, 08:15 PM
No dibs. Ya' gotta run for the office an' get elected.:bigsmyl2:

Jim, if we did that, we'd be creating our own politicians. We're trying to stay away from them critters...Ray

Sprue
12-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Whoa... first we need to take card of some Bidness.........

I propose that we first visit/converge on traitor land. Set up camp and squat on the virtually un-inhabited land better known as DC for a few days. Or is there some form of gubment mandated prohibition against honest men & women in that terrain.

A place like that shouldn't be too hard to re-settle as its only being occupied by some sort of diseased, spineless, gutless, corrupt, low life human-like impostures.

DC has GOT to be 1st, on anyones list of priorities.

Once the above has been taken care of then.... decide where we would want to actually place our hat, commence working amidst the Silver Stream of life.

Ultimately, my vote goes to Big Sky Country.

Wagons Ho...............

rugerman1
12-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Are studded snow tires going to be legal in this new town?

Thumbcocker
12-19-2009, 08:34 PM
All officals should be drafted at random and serve their terms without pay. End result: no politics. Serving is a civic obligation. Maybe room and board while in session or while actually working on the peoples business but no other finances involved.

45nut
12-19-2009, 08:43 PM
So,, not this guy...

http://animatedtv.about.com/library/graphics/quimbybanner.jpg

Gar
12-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I'll second Thumbcocker's proposal !
And Montana wouldn't be to bad a place to settle but we be needing a bit more than a couple of thousand arces for 11,000 members and their families. I'm not one for seeing my neighbor's house.

bearcove
12-19-2009, 10:14 PM
No elections, Have Matches for selection of officers. Best shot wins

autofix4u
12-19-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm gonna have to look into this. There was a place in Missouri where the Indians had a lead mine and I am sure that there is plenty left there.

WE also need a plantation of willow trees. That stuff makes dandy charcoal for black powder. Some Sulphur and we can make Potassium from piles of manure from cattle. We need some of those to eat anyway.

If we could find a couple of thousand acres of land with forests and some arable land this could work. WE could put up a fence around it and keep out illegal immigrants and such.

As for housing..what is wrong with log homes? Easy to build and the material is already on the land.

You got it right, Missouri is the place to be . The lead is in the ground, the sulfur is just under the lead, Willow trees on every river bank, and 10,000 caves full of Bat guano ready for a shovel. And all of this is on the 13,000 acres of Mark Twain Natl forest that I can see from my livingroom. I love this State.

pmeisel
12-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Make it Mississippi. If we all chip in we could buy a whole county.

runfiverun
12-19-2009, 11:29 PM
if it's got deer and ducks i'm in.
warm would be a bonus i am tired of the bitter cold.
and yes mark you could still use studded tires, gravel don't care.

Tom W.
12-20-2009, 12:40 AM
OH Boy! A group buy on Missouri or Montana.... But I really don't like snow... Mississippi sounds warmer, and we could always have a GT in Biloxi...

Recluse
12-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Location would have to be:

• Gun friendly

• Conservative

• No state income tax

• No burdensome property taxes on cars, boats, motorcycles, etc

• Conservative

• Good weather

• Abundant hunting and fishing within a three to six hour drive

• Conservative

• Recession-resistant economy

• In a state that already has a fierce independent attitude

• In a state that has--and regularly practices--the death penalty

Here is perhaps the perfect place. We wouldn't even have to change the name--we could move right in!

http://www.gunbarrelcity.net/site/page/pg126-pn_Home_Page.html

I'd like to retire somewhere around there. Cedar Creek is gorgeous with good fishing. The beach is four hours, give or take, away by car. Nice thick woods and forests to the east.

And I don't think you'll see Sarah Brady there anytime soon.

waksupi
12-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Whoa... first we need to take card of some Bidness.........

I propose that we first visit/converge on traitor land. Set up camp and squat on the virtually un-inhabited land better known as DC for a few days. Or is there some form of gubment mandated prohibition against honest men & women in that terrain.

A place like that shouldn't be too hard to re-settle as its only being occupied by some sort of diseased, spineless, gutless, corrupt, low life human-like impostures.

DC has GOT to be 1st, on anyones list of priorities.

Once the above has been taken care of then.... decide where we would want to actually place our hat, commence working amidst the Silver Stream of life.

Ultimately, my vote goes to Big Sky Country.

Wagons Ho...............

Camp in D.C.? Ever heard of the Bonus March?

lunicy
12-20-2009, 02:31 AM
I'm in. I can build city hall.

Jim
12-20-2009, 05:02 AM
This is gonna be a fun thread!

jdgabbard
12-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Location would have to be:

• Gun friendly

• Conservative

• No state income tax

• No burdensome property taxes on cars, boats, motorcycles, etc

• Conservative

• Good weather

• Abundant hunting and fishing within a three to six hour drive

• Conservative

• Recession-resistant economy

• In a state that already has a fierce independent attitude

• In a state that has--and regularly practices--the death penalty

Here is perhaps the perfect place. We wouldn't even have to change the name--we could move right in!

http://www.gunbarrelcity.net/site/page/pg126-pn_Home_Page.html

I'd like to retire somewhere around there. Cedar Creek is gorgeous with good fishing. The beach is four hours, give or take, away by car. Nice thick woods and forests to the east.

And I don't think you'll see Sarah Brady there anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure that you just described Oklahoma... Not much lead or Sulfur, but we could always import!!!

Bad Water Bill
12-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Montana? 11,000 families?? Wouldn't that double the population? Does the temp get below 45 degrees?

Oklahoma? I pulled off the road to catch some ZZZZs and watched the dust settle. 4 hours later I woke up to find it had rained and the car was floating on a sea of RED mud. Never did get that red out of my Navy Whites. Does the temp get below 45 degrees?

Texas?? All the land belongs to those who want to charge megabucks for a deer or pig that ran in front of your gun as you were sighting in for some 1K shots.

Nevada?? Maybe

Arizona?? Maybe

New Mexico?? Maybe

Oregon?? Maybe

The Old south?? Maybe

F
l
o
r
i
d
a
The next hurricane could sink it

Cowboy5780
12-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Im a mechanic so i guess i can run the service station wonder if i'll have wheel weights left over for anyone else lol

3006guns
12-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Northern Nevada. Gun friendly, low population, mineral rich, no income tax, lots of places to explore/shoot, land selling for as little as 200.00/acre and no one to preach liberal ideas to you all day. Of course the BLM and Federal government illegally owns most of it, but I'm sure something could be worked out...........invade and conquer?

Edubya
12-20-2009, 11:24 AM
A very titillating dream of turning the clocks back to about 1950. The ideas expressed for this hometown project is the way it was back then. It was much more peaceful and things moved in a much more natural pace. I was raised on a small farm in South West Texas on the Brazos river.
As I think about it, Uvalde, Texas might be a great place to retire to. But it will never be the same.
EW

Bloodman14
12-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Granby, Missouri ( just south of Joplin, west of Springfield ) was a lead mine town way back when; there is also the town of Leadmine, Mo., just North of Lebanon, smack in the middle of Amish country. It is north of Bennet Springs State Park (trout fishing). I'm in.

jnovotny
12-20-2009, 12:27 PM
[smilie=l:Sorry fellas to rain on the parade but it would never work. You can't stick all that lead, from everyones stash, in one spot. It would throw off the rotation of the earths axias, and would reverse the global warming effects that we've worked so hard to achieve.[smilie=l:

HABCAN
12-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Mebbeso y'all are forgetting Wyoming. I might come down, WITH my own WW's....................... just to be a leetle bit warmer, y'understand.

runfiverun
12-20-2009, 03:53 PM
i ain't forgetting wyoming. it's been down to -36 [nights]the last couple of weeks plus the constant wind. but has warmed up nicely to 28 or so the last few days.
that and i wanna see a tree occasionaly.

David2011
12-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Has anyone beside me read Boston T. Party's "Molon Labe?" Seems like a pretty good blueprint for the plan. Mississippi sounds good. Montana's cold. Yes, there is game in Mississippi. I once lived a 10 minute drive ouside MS. Once the plan is implemented any unnecessary taxes can be dealt with.

Once Texas seceeds it might be a better option. When I was in college a long time ago the state voted in 100% Democrat governors and congressmen. For years now we have had only Republican governors and senators and a bunch of the representatives are R now.

David

David2011
12-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the firearm industry in Texas. We have High Standard, Briley, STI, Infinity, Dawson, American Derringer, LaRue and many others. According to allbusiness.com there are 60 firearms related manufacturers in Texas.

We can also build airplanes, missles, earth orbit launch vehicles, got a place to control 'em Johnson Space Center), computer manufacturing, automobile manufacturing, food, oil, gas, steel mills- in Larry Potterfield's words, "Just about everything" you need for LIVING! We might have to make an arrangement with Louisiana for aluminum but they're pretty well a separate country already so no problem!

David

hoosierlogger
12-20-2009, 04:47 PM

I could help with the logs for the houses and fence

357maximum
12-20-2009, 05:24 PM
I can handle all the underground utilities if the population even deems such a thing neccessarry. I think everyone needs an undergroup gasline to run their smelters/melters...but that is just me.

Tazman1602
12-20-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm in. Every *person* from age 12 up has mandatory firearms training and CQB training boys AND girls. Every person above the age of 16 mandatory to carry their weapons. No trails, no lawyers, you steal, you murder, you rape, YOU DIE!

Elected officials get no pay and only ONE term.

Everybody works, nobody quits. Doesn't mean you have to kill yourself. When old people get tired they take a dang nap. When youngsters are sore they sit down, but everyone works on something.

Lord A Mighty I been sitting at this 'puter too long today.......................<GRIN>

Art

MT Gianni
12-20-2009, 06:46 PM
I can handle all the underground utilities if the population even deems such a thing neccessarry. I think everyone needs an undergroup gasline to run their smelters/melters...but that is just me.

Great I'll run the regulators and the gate station.

wills
12-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Are studded snow tires going to be legal in this new town?

Snow should be illegal.

bearcove
12-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Snow should be illegal.

Unless measured in feet. A little snow is a pita. Getting bur:drinks::drinks:ied is the most fun know to this man!

Bloodman14
12-20-2009, 08:53 PM
I can handle most of the steelwork (no engineering!) and welding, can also do general light construction. Willing to learn everything else!

Recluse
12-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the firearm industry in Texas. We have High Standard, Briley, STI, Infinity, Dawson, American Derringer, LaRue and many others. According to allbusiness.com there are 60 firearms related manufacturers in Texas.

We can also build airplanes, missles, earth orbit launch vehicles, got a place to control 'em Johnson Space Center), computer manufacturing, automobile manufacturing, food, oil, gas, steel mills- in Larry Potterfield's words, "Just about everything" you need for LIVING! We might have to make an arrangement with Louisiana for aluminum but they're pretty well a separate country already so no problem!

David

See? Now there's an idea I hadn't even thought of.

We could become the gun manufacturing capital of the U.S.--invite all gun companies and ammo manufacturers to set up shop and factories in our own town. Lots of advantages to that:

1. Jobs of all types--executive to janitorial--would be plentiful

2. We'd all get great discounts on firearms

3. We'd never run short of primers or powder ever again

4. The spillover business would necessitate building homes, schools (where we could definitely hire old-fashioned teachers)

5. We could virtually ELIMINATE many taxes and ordinances, blah blah that the manufacturers have to deal with on a local scale. That in and of itself would be enticing as hell to the companies.

6. Our police department, tiny as it may (only need to) be, would have the BEST of everything gun/ammo related.

7. We could even have enough folks that we could start up our own television station with a local newscast. Local news reported the way it OUGHT to be reported (We report, you decide. Simple as that.), with a lot of hunting, shooting, fishing shows syndicated to the station along with a lot of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies to run during prime time.

8. Our sons and daughters that enlist in the military would be among the best shooters the service has ever seen.

9. And finally, we could get a fast, deep, serious infusion of cash once we got the town properly settled by hosting the NRA Annual Meeting, followed by the SHOT show.

Hmmmm. When I first posted this, it was more tongue-in-cheek. . . But NOW, the more I think about it. . .

Might take a couple of years, but if the 2010 elections don't turn out good for us, it may be the ONLY way to keep our values, morals and way of life safe and intact.

I may venture down to Gun Barrel City the next couple of days and do some poking around. See what real estate prices look like, land availability, etc.

Edubya
12-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Maybe we could encourage Texas to secede, that would definitely give us a good starting point. All that we would have to do then is to purchase about 150,000 of acres of a state park, like Big Bend (801,163 acres) (plenty of game from cougars, bears and deer and natural resources), set up a 50 acre range and establish our own republic and ultimately secede from Texas. All, clean and legal.
EW

jim4065
12-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Need a seaport of some sort to do good at secession - then we could have commerce. Lack of it destroyed the Confederacy.

Edubya
12-20-2009, 11:24 PM
That was 150 years ago, we now have 'air commerce' :0
EW

SciFiJim
12-20-2009, 11:28 PM
The Houston shipping channel and the intercostal waterway along the coast would serve for seaports. "Air commerce" is good for some things, but cannot handle the sheer tonnage that ships and rail can handle. Texas is looking more and more promising.

runfiverun
12-21-2009, 12:09 AM
someplace above brownsville could work easily enough.
i got enough pipefitting experience and tools to install gaslines into houses and do water lines easily enough,and can do fire suppression systems as well as inspect rebuild fire extinguishers.
plus have oil/gas well experience that could come in handy if water wells need some help to flow.

jim4065
12-21-2009, 12:16 AM
OK - Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas and Oklahoma.....

Sounds more and more like "Red States". ;)

12-21-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm in only if golf is constitutionally illegal.

Bullshop
12-21-2009, 12:52 AM
No way I am going to move to where you have to buy ice.
Chunks of Alaska can be purchased from the state at $40,000.00 per section.
Bout 10 sections should work for the town and then a private section for each member aught to let ya pee in your front yard without scaring anyone.
Jr. already has the tire shop set up.
Blessings
BIC/BS

geargnasher
12-21-2009, 01:40 AM
See? Now there's an idea I hadn't even thought of.

We could become the gun manufacturing capital of the U.S.--invite all gun companies and ammo manufacturers to set up shop and factories in our own town. Lots of advantages to that:

1. Jobs of all types--executive to janitorial--would be plentiful

2. We'd all get great discounts on firearms

3. We'd never run short of primers or powder ever again

4. The spillover business would necessitate building homes, schools (where we could definitely hire old-fashioned teachers)

5. We could virtually ELIMINATE many taxes and ordinances, blah blah that the manufacturers have to deal with on a local scale. That in and of itself would be enticing as hell to the companies.

6. Our police department, tiny as it may (only need to) be, would have the BEST of everything gun/ammo related.

7. We could even have enough folks that we could start up our own television station with a local newscast. Local news reported the way it OUGHT to be reported (We report, you decide. Simple as that.), with a lot of hunting, shooting, fishing shows syndicated to the station along with a lot of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies to run during prime time.

8. Our sons and daughters that enlist in the military would be among the best shooters the service has ever seen.

9. And finally, we could get a fast, deep, serious infusion of cash once we got the town properly settled by hosting the NRA Annual Meeting, followed by the SHOT show.

Hmmmm. When I first posted this, it was more tongue-in-cheek. . . But NOW, the more I think about it. . .

Might take a couple of years, but if the 2010 elections don't turn out good for us, it may be the ONLY way to keep our values, morals and way of life safe and intact.

I may venture down to Gun Barrel City the next couple of days and do some poking around. See what real estate prices look like, land availability, etc.

You gots it! Texas is sitting pretty when it comes to being self-sufficient with regard to natural resources and economy. Some things to add:

We have our own nuclear power plants, an independent power grid controlled by local membership cooperatives, most community water supply is similar, we have the largest military base in the universe, dozens of nuke silos, three major seaports with rail access connecting the major cities, we have the Longhorn Steer and the valley Grapefruit, sugar cane, fields upon fields of fertile coastal plains to grow cotton, grain, hay, etc., we have the financial district of Dallas and the livestock capital of Fort Worth, we have Herford, Tx., piney woods, wind generators, windmills, rivers and lakes, hydroelectric power, sheep and goats, deer and pigs, petroleum, the Texas Rangers (and I ain't talkin' about baseball), you name it, I could go on for hours.

I have friends that live in Gunbarrel City, Seven Points (across the bridge), and on Cedar Lake. It's a nice place.

Oh, and we would have to build a fence around Austin to keep the hippies in. It could just be turned into a National Park for the new nation.

Anybody read Atlas Shrugged?

Anybody who thinks it isn't coming to that point might just be surprised in a few years.

Thanks for the little break to fantasize about utopia!
:drinks:

Gear

Recluse
12-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the little break to fantasize about utopia!
:drinks:

Gear

Actually, I'm not totally sure that I'm only fantasizing about it.

I'm getting pretty damned sick and tired of limp-wristed liberal pantywaists trying to run every damned corner and avenue of my life. I don't like having them as neighbors or fellow community citizens. I don't like having them as co-workers. I don't like having them as mayors and councilmen, policemen and reporters. I'm tired of wondering what kind of looks I'll get when I wear my NRA hat somewhere other than to an NRA friendly place.

I'm tired of being labeled neanderthal and politically incorrect because I believe in God, salute the flag and love and fought for my country. I'm tired of explaining myself when I state that I think it's time we fired the Enola Gay up again and made executions a public event--and that the scumbag who's being executed should have to pay for the rope, gas, electricity or chemicals used to send him to room temperature.

I'm tired of comments from alpha-hotel neighbors on the days I decide to fly my Texas flag instead of the U.S. flag. I'm tired of the sheer ignorance from those same alpha hotels on the days I decide to fly my Stars & Bars instead of either the Lone Star State flag or the U.S. flag.

I'm tired of the smirky looks I get when the neighbors see me hauling guns, in their cases nonetheless, out to my pickup--the evil SUV that it is. I'm tired of the ignorant telling me and my wife that our Dobermans and German Shepherds are vicious dogs that will turn on us. I'm tired of those same idiots lobbying for pit bull and Rottweiler bans.

I want to be left the hell alone and be allowed to live in peace. I'm tired of (expletive deleted) liberals and bed-wetting pinko limp-wristed Nosy-Neds sticking their (expletive deleted) noses in my business and telling me how I have to live. I'm tired of co-workers constantly chortling in my ear about how good this Muslim loving commander-in-shame is and how he's finally settling the score for the black man. I'm tired of these same co-workers griping about how little they make, but still supporting nationalized healthcare and nationalized everything else. I'm tired of hearing about how France has three months vacation. Go live the hell in France and get the hell out of my town, state and country if you don't like it here.

I'm tired of having to lock my doors everywhere I go, no matter if for just a moment. I'm tired of feeling that I HAVE to carry a gun with me when I leave the house because the (expletive deleted) cops are too focused on running speed traps and traffic violation snares in order to generate revenue rather than investigating and catching real criminals. I'm tired of looking at my city property tax bill and wondering where the hell our taxes are going--then hitting chughole after chughole on my way to City Hall to complain. But at least the chugholes keep you from speeding and meeting one of the revenue-collecting cops.

I'm tired of our parks not being safe to go to after sundown unless you have a pack of Rottweilers and a short platoon of Marines deployed in the perimeter. I'm tired of registered sex offenders being allowed to move into our neighborhoods--let the perverts stay in prison for their FULL sentence, and then ship them to San Francisco where that kind of stuff is on its way to becoming legal.

I want a town where people "get it." Where people revere the Constitution and where Memorial Day and Veterans Day are celebrated with the same reverence as Christmas and Easter. I want to live in a town that has an ordinance that no store can be open on the Fourth of July when the fireworks display is going on. I want to live in a town in which would be criminals have instant and collective bowel movements at even the mere thought of what would happen to them if they tried applying their wares in a town like Cast Boolits, USA.

I want to live in a town where I can stroll in to the diner on Main Street with my 686 strapped to my hip and nobody pays any mind to me--except for maybe the guys who are wearing Rugers on their hips and who have S&W envy. :) The start of dove season and deer season should carry the same excitement as the last day of school before the Christmas break and summer break.

Impossible?

Nah. It's just a matter of the right people getting together at the right time in the right place with determination to make it work.

Our founding fathers did it, after all.

copdills
12-21-2009, 02:50 AM
sounds like a plan

45nut
12-21-2009, 02:54 AM
A most impressive and expressive rant there, can't find a flaw in it myself.

HollandNut
12-21-2009, 03:35 AM
Recluse has "got it" and said it very well ..

jlchucker
12-21-2009, 10:48 AM
11000, is not what I would call a small town. I lived in a big city for over nine months once that didn't have that many people. Dennis

Me either. The town I live in has a population of around 1300. The town I grew up in about the same. Maybe what we need is a STATE!!!

Pitmaster
12-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Sounds like we need 2 locations. One for winter and one for the snow birds.

Indiana is pretty good about firearms with a lifetime license to carry a handgun. If a couple of counties could be taken over it wouldn't be hard to make some real changes. If we could get rid our local state representative which could be done with about 5000 new voters Indiana wouldn't have him as a roadblock.

I vote for a Western state.

geargnasher
12-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Impossible?

Nah. It's just a matter of the right people getting together at the right time in the right place with determination to make it work.

Our founding fathers did it, after all.

Man, I thought I could put on a good sensible rant, but I am truly impressed!

Problem is, we'd have to do it a bit differently than our founding fathers. You know how quick the BATFE would have a tank barrel poking through your front door.

By the way, when did the federal department in charge of enforcing booze, smoke, and gun laws get TANKS??!!! You know my local TNRCC investigator carries a GLOCK, two spare clips and HANDCUFFS!!!! He's not even T-CLEOSE certified! I can see the logic in issuing a school bus driver a sidearm, but a freakin' enviromental officer? Heck, the Tax Appraiser doesn't even carry one, and he's the one who ought to travel with armed guards.

Makes me nervous just going to town.

Had friends get disarmed by federal law enforcement during one of our more memorable hurricanes, so don't think that "they" don't throw all laws, rights, and the constitution itself completly out the window whenever it is convenient. Those with the biggest guns can do as they please.

So if maybe somebody with a sizeable ranch in, say, south or west Texas could subdivide and honcho the deal and we could have a big Group Buy here on Castboolits, and we could build a real community without all the incorporation hooplah the state makes you go through to get a city charter. An independent association of free-thinking, honest, conservative, private citizens. Oh, and I, for one, would like a sort of tax base, approved by general election of residents, which would provide for basic infrastructure like power, water, roads, shooting ranges, all the necessities. We don't need another McMullen county incident, if you remember about that. I don't think we would need law enforcement within the community, but we would sure as hell need our own Militia to patrol the borders, which could either be tax-based or volunteer.

At the main entrance gate, below a statue, would read a sign:

Give me your able, your willing,
your proud individuals yearning to breathe free,
The persecuted outcasts of your fascist shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Failing that, y'all are welcome at my little ranch anytime, provided you bring your own guns, ammo, food, and shelter.

Gear

jbc
12-21-2009, 06:05 PM
I have always dreamed that if i could win that darn lottery I would buy myself a big island in international waters so when things start getting too crazy and liberal around here I could take all my guns and bolt. And y'all are welcome to come along , I couldn't think of a better bunch of like minded neighbors!

Bloodman14
12-23-2009, 01:46 AM
I knew there was a reason I liked you, Recluse! Very well said, my friend. So, how do we get started?

cajun shooter
12-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Well as far as the Mayor goes my suggestion would be the man who put this site together. 45 Nut is the best choice as he is already the Mayor of what we have now and doing a good job. It would be nice to live where you don't have to lock your door as you are going to bed. Study some towns in Colorado and see what has happened to them after the politics has come to town.

theperfessor
12-23-2009, 11:36 AM
If you all need a slightly broke down teacher with a gimpy leg who likes to work with young adults then I'm in. No administrative stuff, I just want to teach.

Course I got to have room for my machine shop....

captain-03
12-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Recluse has "got it" and said it very well ..

A man that I can relate too without even meeting him!! Great post!!

45nut
12-23-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.giltweasel.com/stuff/LightsOut-Current.pdf
a very good read on what might happen when the collapse happens. ymmv depending on location.

largom
12-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Recluse you are a man after my heart. VERY well put. Only problem is it can't happen in any town or city at present. Remember Ruby Ridge and Waco!

The only way is for one or more states to SECEDE. Alaska and Texas would be the most likely with Texas having the greatest resourse base. Of course if one secedes others may/would follow suit. Only then could we have our Cast Boolit city under a totally new government in a new country [in name only].

Might sound off the wall but I think it will eventually come to that. Hope I live long enough to see it.

Larry

vegplot
12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
It would be nice to live where you don't have to lock your door as you are going to bed.

I'm fortunate in that I live somewhere where you don't have to and we often don't.

As for lead, tin & copper we have plenty of that here. So I'm not convinced I'd need to move anywhere else.

AZ-Stew
12-23-2009, 03:50 PM
You gots it! Texas is sitting pretty when it comes to being self-sufficient with regard to natural resources and economy. Some things to add:

Here's one you can add: How about some public land so we can hunt without having to pay someone for the use of their ranch?

I'd rather see some States bail from this country and form a new one. TX, NM, AZ, UT, ID, MT, WY, Probably all the Plains States west of the Mississippi and a couple of others east of it. If we control the agriculture we can charge middle east oil prices for corn, etc. to feed the East and West Coast states that choose to remain behind.

Regards,

Stew

Bloodman14
12-23-2009, 06:14 PM
AZ-Stew, I am not sure of something; as I understand the process, if we 'vote them out', aren't we voting in more of the same? Would we not be better off not voting AT ALL? What would happen then to the incumbents, if there are no candidates voted for in the primaries? How would the election, if any, proceed?

rob45
12-23-2009, 06:36 PM
I'd rather see some States bail from this country and form a new one. TX, NM, AZ, UT, ID, MT, WY, Probably all the Plains States west of the Mississippi and a couple of others east of it. If we control the agriculture we can charge middle east oil prices for corn, etc. to feed the East and West Coast states that choose to remain behind.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Location will determine the strength of any nation. Access to natural resources and the ability to maintain control over those resources is paramount. If we do not have either one, then we had better have financial leverage to acquire it.

Sounds like we need more than one location.

badgeredd
12-23-2009, 07:32 PM
The way I see it, if we voted every dang one of them out (and I do feel there are a few that might be worth saving) we'll get a whole new bunch in...but if we then vote their sorry butts out too if they don't perform, we'd send a message. If the message wasn't heard we'd do it again the next election. Actually in 6 years the elected officials would be figuring it out...do it for us or we'll show you the door!

That said...It won't happen because we have too many voters that believe they are entitled to government sponsorship. How else can we expain our last Presidential election?

Edd

David2011
12-23-2009, 08:24 PM
In "Molon Labe" when the feds started to roll into the successfully occupied state with their army and tanks, . . .

Oops! Wouldn't want to ruin it for any potential readers. It's right in line with this thread.

David

Recluse
12-23-2009, 08:52 PM

Regards,

Stew

Control agriculture AND natural resources (oil, gas, etc) and you become a wealthy nation unto yourself.

That's how we used to be here in the U.S. before the socialists began their power-grab.

I'm of the belief that you have to crawl, walk, jog, run. An "instant secession" would be catastrophic as we have no model to base a future system upon.

That is why I believe a town like Cast Boolits, USA, would lead to great things, and ultimately/probably, a significant portion of the U.S. seceding.

Show others that the concept can become a functional, profitable, viable reality and similar/like concepts will spring up. Kind of like how our nation was founded and colonized.

Nice thing is that no new constitution would have to be written--the one we have now is perfect. Just follow it, and all else falls into place. The only "adjustment" I might propose to the constitution--or city charter for the Cast Boolits township--would be strictly enforced term limits combined with publicly funded election campaigns in which candidates, lobbies, special-interests would be allowed NO money to contribute unless they contributed it to the General Campaign Fund, which would be dispersed equally among the candidates.

This way, candidates for office would be elected based upon their ideals rather than their idea of blanketing all media outlets with endless advertising drivel.

Show how this works as a town/city, and it will spread.

Do away with the franchise and corporate taxes, excesive property taxes and instead base your budget upon revenue from a tax on goods sold/bought in Cast Boolits, USA. Cast Boolits' governing responsibilities would be few--roads, fire & police, and limited municipal functions.

It would work. Who wouldn't want to live in a locale free from crime, excessive taxes and government, and with ample employment opportunities?

Gun Junkie
12-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Where is the moderator when we really need one? This post has got to be moved. I can't believe this has gone on for so many pages without the moderators correcting the error in this thread!!!

This is a group buy if I ever saw one.

felix
12-23-2009, 11:01 PM
What's the error? ... felix

Bloodman14
12-23-2009, 11:33 PM
I think Gun Junkie is saying that this thread should be in the "Group Buy" category!

Buckshot
12-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Where is the moderator when we really need one? This post has got to be moved. I can't believe this has gone on for so many pages without the moderators correcting the error in this thread!!!

This is a group buy if I ever saw one.

felix "What's the error? ... felix"

A bit of tongue cheek methinks :-)

................Buckshot

geargnasher
12-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Ok, all we need now is a vendor-sponsor who happens to be in the ranch sales business, and a banker/loan officer willing to honcho the deal!

Any takers?

Gear

MT Gianni
12-24-2009, 01:24 AM
What if ya just can't stand to live in town?

Tazman1602
12-24-2009, 02:26 AM
If you all need a slightly broke down teacher with a gimpy leg who likes to work with young adults then I'm in. No administrative stuff, I just want to teach.

Course I got to have room for my machine shop....

LMAO. You've been a high school teacher. I was there and can tell you how to solve 50% of the problems in education today. Fire 50% of the Administrators and let the Teachers do their jobs..........

Bret4207
12-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Here's one you can add: How about some public land so we can hunt without having to pay someone for the use of their ranch?

Regards,

Stew

All you'd do is create some very wealthy farmers in those "east coast states". Agriculture is alive and well in the eastern states, it's just cheaper to produce much of our food where it's best suited for it. That doesn't mean you CAN'T produce it.

Recluse
12-24-2009, 01:27 PM

See? This isn't a problem either.

I'm not all that keen on living in town. But like it or not, there are things and services I need that I can only get in a town.

So you live outside of the town, but with the knowledge and comfort that when you need to go to town it will be a place that fits you like a glove, run and inhabited by people just like yourself.

HollandNut
12-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Well ya know this maybe a utopia , we have going here .. maybe ...

Since we're all like minded individuals , wont need cops or guvmint ofishals ..
Or if so a bare minimum of them ..

Anyone who comes in outside of this website will have to be scrupously run over the coals in their application , they should be voted in by the current residents ..

I was thinking we could barter instead of money , but trading galena for galena wont go far I dont think ..

Any governmental servants , should be one term only in that office ..

And since they are "servants" , they work for room and board , no salaries or retirement pensions ..

AZ-Stew
12-24-2009, 08:03 PM
AZ-Stew, I am not sure of something; as I understand the process, if we 'vote them out', aren't we voting in more of the same? Would we not be better off not voting AT ALL? What would happen then to the incumbents, if there are no candidates voted for in the primaries? How would the election, if any, proceed?

The idea is to replace all the incumbents with candidates who give us their word that they will operate the government according to Constitutional principles. Time is running out to get some good folks nominated to run against the incumbents in the primaries. You may say that it can't be done without Party money. I say the right candidate doesn't NEED party money. Get him in front of the people and have him say what we here all believe and he will be elected, even if he's penniless. This country is RIPE for a complete overturn of the people running it. It won't take much to turn the tables. Even with a 50 percent success ratio, the remainder will be shaking in their boots. I think we can do better if the right people will stand up and run.

Regards,

Stew

AZ-Stew
12-24-2009, 08:44 PM
The way I see it, if we voted every dang one of them out (and I do feel there are a few that might be worth saving) we'll get a whole new bunch in...but if we then vote their sorry butts out too if they don't perform, we'd send a message. If the message wasn't heard we'd do it again the next election. Actually in 6 years the elected officials would be figuring it out...do it for us or we'll show you the door!

That said...It won't happen because we have too many voters that believe they are entitled to government sponsorship. How else can we explain our last Presidential election?

Edd

Amen!

I believe it WILL happen because too many of the non-entitlement people stayed home last time. Now they're p!$$#d. Put the right candidates up for election next time and we'll have a bloodless revolution.

Regards,

Stew

AZ-Stew
12-24-2009, 08:49 PM
All you'd do is create some very wealthy farmers in those "east coast states". Agriculture is alive and well in the eastern states, it's just cheaper to produce much of our food where it's best suited for it. That doesn't mean you CAN'T produce it.

Agreed, but there isn't enough arable land along the coasts to sustain their populations. The New US would be a food exporter to the Old US Coast States.

Fly-Over Country. I'd love to see the looks on their faces each time they glanced down and realized that their next meal is dependent on what's below.

Regards,

Stew

Bloodman14
12-25-2009, 11:25 AM
AZ-Stew, if you would take a minute, and read my thread, "Cannon, '08-'12", I think you may be interested.

WILCO
12-27-2009, 10:11 AM

Yeah baby, that's how I roll!

WILCO
12-27-2009, 10:15 AM

Get a 4WD Truck, stake a claim and drive in when you need supplies.

imashooter2
12-27-2009, 10:26 AM

You better. The competition in town is going to be cutthroat!:shock:

wallenba
12-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Don't forget all the lurkers and our like minded families. The population just quadrupled!

MT Gianni
12-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Get a 4WD Truck, stake a claim and drive in when you need supplies.

Wilco have you been peeking into my lifestyle?

fred45
01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
I am in Missouri and the southwest is the Ozark mountins, not the Sierra but big bumps with turkey, deer, fox, 'yotes, and a bunch of other crttters. there are lots of old lead mines north
I am in and can count on a few others
:bigsmyl2:

MT Gianni
01-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Great Fred45, welcome to the forum.

runfiverun
01-14-2010, 10:52 PM
immigrants already.
welcome to the fun...

geargnasher
01-15-2010, 12:29 AM
immigrants already.
welcome to the fun...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Gear

Three-Fifty-Seven
01-17-2010, 09:31 AM
a very good read on what might happen when the collapse happens. ymmv depending on location.

+1!

I read the whole thing . . . very interesting . . . and possible!

Recluse has it right, I like the guy and have never met him! Recluse if your ever in SE AZ let me know I want to meet you, and the dinner is on me!

I seriously would consider moving to a place where there is not only freedom from the governments long reaching greedy and restricting hands go, but to have God fearing gun toting neighbors.

Tazman1602
01-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Can we outlaw the words:

"Press 1 for English"???????????

PepperBuddha
01-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Good read so far!
http://bbdart.com/smile/icon_thumright.gif

runfiverun
01-17-2010, 01:16 PM
thry voted on the 1 for english thing in about 1784 or so.
i don't think we need a re-vote.

thx997303
01-17-2010, 02:00 PM
I can't remember, did we figure out what we are going to do about lead shortages?

We are sure to have lead shortages.

Maybe buy it all from china.

felix
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
An update from Oklahoma :

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9, had a few liberals in the mix, an amendment toplace the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake.. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...! HB 1330

Guess what......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. HB 1804. Hope we didn't send any of them to your state. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Guess what.......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Recently we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional. SB 1102

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. Joining Texas,Montana and Utah as the only states to do so. More states are likely to follow: Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, the Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, Mississippi, Florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again.. HJR 1003

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns.. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the criminals (and Obamaites). Liberals didn't like it -- But ...

Guess what........... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Just this month, my state has voted and passed a law that ALL driver's license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. We have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of our road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma, you must read and write English. Really simple.

By the way, Obama does not like any of this.

Guess what....who cares... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-capitol-to-display-ten-commandments/article/3370730
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-01-09-immigcover_N.htm

... felix

Three-Fifty-Seven
01-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Good read so far!
http://bbdart.com/smile/icon_thumright.gif

Took me most of two days to read it . . . but I was just drawn into it . . . didn't get anything else done!

jlchucker
01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
thry voted on the 1 for english thing in about 1784 or so.
i don't think we need a re-vote.

Yeah, we don't need a re-vote, but if the socialist-pigs give blanket amnesty to illegal aliens, we'll have one rammed down our throats. Then it will be "press 2 for English". Or maybe even a mandatory "learn border-Spanish".

Tom308
01-18-2010, 12:13 PM
What about the Republic of TxArklohomaiana?? We could raise a very large all volunteer army with just a 24 hour notice, just to insure our freedom and keep order. Every citizen owns at least 6 guns and would be required to carry at all times. There would be no crime. We would have all the necessary natural resources We also have THE best food on earth. The only problem I see is agreeing on a flag.

Recluse
01-19-2010, 01:10 AM
What about the Republic of TxArklohomaiana?? We could raise a very large all volunteer army with just a 24 hour notice, just to insure our freedom and keep order. Every citizen owns at least 6 guns and would be required to carry at all times. There would be no crime. We would have all the necessary natural resources We also have THE best food on earth. The only problem I see is agreeing on a flag.

Flag would be easy.

One big cast boolit.

And Felix? We love Oklahoma 364 days out of the year. You probably know which day we don't.

Oklahoma also did not have one single county that went for the Muslim Messiah.

Lot of natural rivalry on both sides of the Red River, but when it gets down to the brass tacks, if anyone messes with Oklahoma, they're messing with us (Texas). And if anyone messes with Texas, they're messing with you (Oklahoma).

We have a good relationship with Louisiana, Arkansas and New Mexico, but nothing like we do with Oklahoma.

oldhickory
01-19-2010, 01:59 PM
I got here late, but I'm in!

felix
01-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Recluse, OK has some faults too, but not that serious. The one I am thinking of, Corky knows of too. Land owners tend to control the application of the law which sometimes is against the general taxpayer. But so is income tax, etc. The bottom line is that nothing else matters until we get rid of the world currency situation. ... felix

SPRINGFIELDM141972
01-19-2010, 06:16 PM
An update from Oklahoma :

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9, had a few liberals in the mix, an amendment toplace the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake.. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values...! HB 1330

Oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an American citizen. They all scattered. HB 1804. Hope we didn't send any of them to your state. This was against the advice of the Federal Government, and the ACLU, they said it would be a mistake.

Guess what.......... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Recently we passed a law to include DNA samples from any and all illegals to the Oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional. SB 1102

Several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring Oklahoma as a Sovereign state, not under the Federal Government directives. Joining Texas,Montana and Utah as the only states to do so. More states are likely to follow: Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, the Carolina's, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, Mississippi, Florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the South is about to rise up once again.. HJR 1003

The federal Government has made bold steps to take away our guns.. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the criminals (and Obamaites). Liberals didn't like it -- But ...

Guess what........... Oklahoma did it anyway.

Just this month, my state has voted and passed a law that ALL driver's license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. We have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of our road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma, you must read and write English. Really simple.

By the way, Obama does not like any of this.

Guess what....who cares... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-capitol-to-display-ten-commandments/article/3370730
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-01-09-immigcover_N.htm

... felix

Missouri legally doesn't have to vote. She never actually voted to return to the union and retained it sovereignty.

I vote for Ellington, Missouri. There is a mothballed lead mine and foundry already there.

I could get some surveillance pictures....

felix
01-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Springfield, my home town is New Madrid. I am Missourian more than Arkie, where I am now. I've seen both states go too far left over time. I attribute that to the freeloaders in both states, and particularly the unions in MO, especially in the STL area where they are now as strong as those in Youngstown OH. Missouri and Arkansas are presently detrimental for our wishes. ... felix

fred45
01-21-2010, 07:45 PM
no uninons alowed!!
If we get enough people in a county the sheriff has a lot of power in regard to state and fed intrusion, take no state or fed $$ and deduct it from our taxes.

steg
03-03-2010, 02:22 AM
FATNHAPPY, I laughed my butt off on that one, heck I'm still laughing!

Just Duke
03-04-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm in. When do I start packing.
We need our own lead mine though. Tin also.
Black powder manufacturer too.

KTN
03-05-2010, 12:32 PM
How about immigrants ? [smilie=s:

Kaj

Recluse
03-05-2010, 12:48 PM

Kaj

Hell, yeah. Come on over.

MT Gianni
03-05-2010, 12:59 PM

Kaj

Show your reloading equipment and we will issue citizenship. [Dual to be shared with your former Country.]

Recluse
03-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Show your reloading equipment and we will issue citizenship. [Dual to be shared with your former Country.]

Bring along some members of the Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish Bikini Team and we'll even spring for your transportation costs, plus first and last month's rent.

In return, we'll send over Hillary, Pelosi, Napolitano, Kirpatrick, Maxine Waters and a few others to remind the Finnish menfolk how good they truly have it.

Win-win for everyone, the way I see it.

45nut
09-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Bump,, this may be viable as a LLC with shares to be purchased in a 24 acre parcel in MO.

Just Duke
09-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Bump,, this may be viable as a LLC with shares to be purchased in a 24 acre parcel in MO.

MO is good to go. We would never run our of deer meat or bacon......http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/regulations/feral-hog-regulations

Just Duke
09-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Shoot 'em on sight

http://mdc.mo.gov/landwater-care/animal-management/invasive-animal-management/feral-hogs/shoot-em-sight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsMeVQPWByw&feature=player_embedded

meadmkr
09-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Haven't gotten through every page of this thread but so far so good... Couple of 'small' ommisions:

1) For the Mrs, gotta have quilting/yarn shops otherwise cold climate would be a NO-GO!

2) Every able-bodied/able-minded citizen above the age of 16 must own, maintain and be proficient with a firearm. Failure to do so is a criminal offense punishable by exponentially increasing hours of public service.

3) Mandatory road-test for every new driver & new resident. Use of a hand-held mobile phone/device is a primary offense punishable by exponentially increasing hours of public service (such as trash-pickup on public roads/parks in hot pink jumpsuits [pink underwear as well].

Semper Fi!
Chris in VA

Just Duke
09-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Haven't gotten through every page of this thread but so far so good... Couple of 'small' ommisions:

1) For the Mrs, gotta have quilting/yarn shops otherwise cold climate would be a NO-GO!

2) Every able-bodied/able-minded citizen above the age of 16 must own, maintain and be proficient with a firearm. Failure to do so is a criminal offense punishable by exponentially increasing hours of public service.

3) Mandatory road-test for every new driver & new resident. Use of a hand-held mobile phone/device is a primary offense punishable by exponentially increasing hours of public service (such as trash-pickup on public roads/parks in hot pink jumpsuits [pink underwear as well].

Semper Fi!
Chris in VA

Well said. I nominate Mead for head of Dept of Public Safety.

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Well said. I nominate Mead for head of Dept of Public Safety.

So . . . you think that it would be best to have a guy who makes wine . . . to be in charge of safety? ;-)

DIRT Farmer
09-06-2010, 09:45 PM
As long as he can make a good beer also. We would not want someone making unsafe beverages.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I just read through most of this thread...Great stuff !

this was a funny warning, BUT it made me think of that idiot congressman that was worried about Guam capsizing because of a US military base at one end.

[smilie=l:Sorry fellas to rain on the parade but it would never work. You can't stick all that lead, from everyones stash, in one spot. It would throw off the rotation of the earths axias, and would reverse the global warming effects that we've worked so hard to achieve.[smilie=l:

Then I had another thought:
If 11,000+ of the most honorable, law abiding, boolit casting patroits and their families leave/sucede the USA, We may as well leave the continent too. The Chaos of totalitarian-socialism will not let us alone...We Need an Island, My vote is for Tasmania. Tasmania is 26,000 Sq Miles which is more than half the size of the State of Mississippi (46,000 Sq Miles). I think we'd get enough pro-gun Aussies to help us deal with the motherland.
Jon

meadmkr
09-07-2010, 06:44 AM
As long as he can make a good beer also. We would not want someone making unsafe beverages.

Not that I _WANT_ the job but keep in mind that ale/wine was one of the original way to provide safe beverages. I don't brew much beer these days but have a few ribbons on the wall for my stouts/porters and mostly make mead, hence my handle. Down side to mead is that it takes a long longer to age than wine/beer. I'd be more inclined to have regional centers to "brew on premises' (aka BoP) where you use the inhouse gear to brew your own and take it home to ferment. Same with regional canning facilities for storage of food (akin to the LDS bulk food centers).

Just thought of another 'public saftey rule'.

4) Each home shall stockpile enough food and water for its occupants (+2) to survive a minimum of 4 weeks should a state-of-emergency be declared (6 if in Montana/Wyoming). The state shall maintain regional food pantrys whereby those without the monetary means to maintain their food reserve may earn credits to purchase food through 'sweat equity'.

DIRT Farmer
09-07-2010, 07:27 AM
The origonal food pantries were the church, If you were a mamber of a church, the congration would help you through the short term and find you work, If you were a widdow or orphan. The goverment taking it over has harmed the church, the people and the goverment.

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-07-2010, 07:29 AM
4 weeks is not nearly enough, but better than most people probably have . . . I'd say at least 6 months of food supplies, and a way to produce more to supply what is eaten!

We rely way to much on "the system" to provide for us . . . I'm currently looking for a place to move to that will allow me a place to be more self sufficient, and grow my own food, that has decent gun laws, and fair taxes . . .

Mead maker:
Do you have bees? or just use other's honey?

Recluse
09-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Just thought of another 'public saftey rule'.

4) Each home shall stockpile enough food and water for its occupants (+2) to survive a minimum of 4 weeks should a state-of-emergency be declared (6 if in Montana/Wyoming). The state shall maintain regional food pantrys whereby those without the monetary means to maintain their food reserve may earn credits to purchase food through 'sweat equity'.

With all due respect, you're missing the entire point of Cast Boolits, USA, and having our own township/county/state or whatever.

The biggest problem we have in America today is that we have too damned many rules.

You lost me (and Cast Boolits, USA was my idea) with the no cell phones while driving. Why do we need a law prohibiting us from having a cell phone, using it and driving?

IF I am involved in an accident and it is discovered I was on my cell phone, then sue me silly and book me on a felony. But don't try to save me from myself--the damned government is already trying to do that.

Likewise, don't tell me what I have to have in my own house. I'm a freeman and I'm a veteran who served and defended and fought for the right of self-determination and individual liberties.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it mandate that we MUST do something--rather it mandates what the government CANNOT do.

It's not that big of a stretch to go from mandating how much food and "emergency supplies" I must keep in my house to what kind of gun and how much ammo I must also have on hand.

I'm looking for more freedom and less onerous rules. That is the whole idea behind Cast Boolits, USA. Simply trading one set of rules for another gets us nowhere.

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I agree Recluse 100%!

I should have worded it as everyone should WANT to have extra on hand, and if they choose not to, that's fine, just don't come begging at my house.

09-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Sounds like you guys might need more school teachers, the wife and I will sign up to come along.

Three-Fifty-Seven
09-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Sounds like you guys might need more school teachers, the wife and I will sign up to come along.

I already know more than I can remember!:bigsmyl2:

OutHuntn84
09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picher,_Oklahoma

How about Picher OK! Bet we could buy land at pennies on the dollar and some of the towns around it are closing down so we could buy more as we expand! Town would come with it's own lead mine, what more could we ask for!

meadmkr
09-07-2010, 05:18 PM
With all due respect, you're missing the entire point of Cast Boolits, USA, and having our own township/county/state or whatever. The biggest problem we have in America today is that we have too damned many rules.

Too many rules... Well yes, I agree. However I would also counter we don't have some of the laws that we need (such as Castle Doctrine here in VA).
As _I_ see it we have "TOO MANY STOOPID RULZ" or from where I type, ones that simply don't make sense, serve no purpose for society and ones that simply aren't enforced (immigration?). Face it - you can't have it both ways, total freedom(anarchy) or a society.

Like it or not, modern life/society "needs" some fundamental rulz, rules, principals, or whaterver-ya-wanna-call em otherwise you are back to anarchy. My so-called "rulz" are based on long-held views that certain things need to change in our society. You might see them as dictatorial and I agree they can be seen that way but some will always have that view in society!

But since no rulz were laid out as to what is allowed or disallowed in Castboolitsylvania I ran with it :)

Veterans? Been there and done my time in the Corps. I come from a long line of veterans and public servants (firemen/policemen). I think many of us around here have as well...

Cheers
Chris

WILCO
06-04-2012, 02:02 PM
One bump for this great thread! :)

hiram1
06-04-2012, 03:30 PM
WELL if i cant be mayor im going to pull up my pants and go home.so there
just think about that how. cool would that be .if you dont own a gun you just cant live there.
it would be a good place to live.good school.kids that know what no is.drugs wont be there no one would sell them.but for one time.swimming holes with ropes.doors dont have to be locked we all could be friends and help it grow.And no im not a hippy or drunk or high.but i did stay at Motel 6 last night