PDA

View Full Version : Good for a laugh!

Trailblazer
05-21-2006, 11:24 AM
I shot our club's levergun match yesterday, which uses the pistol silhouette course. I haven't shot the course in some time because I have been concentrating on the 500 meter course. However I had a bunch of ammo loaded which wasn't very accurate and also some mystery rounds that I had carefully marked with a felt tip pen. I have no idea what powder they had in them. They musta been special 'cause I marked' em. I also had installed a tang sight and globe sight since I shot the course so I was set to go. Three different kinds of ammo without enough to get sight settings and new sights! But I didn't want to pull all those bullets and what the hey!

The results were amusing to say the least. I managed a score of 12 on chickens and pigs. Things weren't rosy but then I wasn't expecting much. It wasn't to last! I got 2 turkeys with the mystery ammo. It seemed to be shooting really erratic. I had enough ammo to get a rough sight setting on rams before the match. However the first two rounds fell about 10' low. On the third round the magazine tube squirted out the front of the rifle and I adjourned for equipment repairs. Things did improve a little after that and I managed to get 4 rams. Like I said-entertaining!

I got rid of all that junk ammo though! And it was a really pleasant day on the mountain!