PDA

View Full Version : Statistics

Herb in Pa
05-18-2006, 01:41 PM
On May 1st, as a result of the Mexican boycott of US businesses, national retailers reported 4.2% lower sales for the day, along with a 67.8% reduction in shoplifting.

:holysheep

Scrounger
05-18-2006, 02:24 PM
On May 1st, as a result of the Mexican boycott of US businesses, national retailers reported 4.2% lower sales for the day, along with a 67.8% reduction in shoplifting.

:holysheep

Probably less smog, too. bet beer sales didn't drop any... Vegas paper did a survey of some businesses, most had a drop in sales. One reported she had no employee absenteeism, (she was the owner and only employee) and business and sales were up almost 33%. She runs a Billiards room in a Mexican part of town. It's an ill wind, that blows nobody good.

fatnhappy
05-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Actually I think the "Mexican Siesta" probably did the illegal immigrant cause more harm than good. I have heard nothing but contempt from everyone I've spoken to. The general consensus was that it was a declaration of war on the cultural front, and as expected most hosts don't appreciate rude guests.

Then again, the people I talked to spoke English.

Buckshot
05-19-2006, 07:21 AM
................Herb that was going around on the web but is untrue. Retailers have no national reporting entity that gathers and tracks shoplifting information. There was also stuff going around purported to be info from the California Highway Patrol and LAPD about DUI arrests, accidents, and GTA. Truth is they do record that info but it is refined and double checked, then takes several months to be tabulated and double reporting eliminated and all the rest, so it's almost a year in the making.

No one I know of and asked was inconvinienced in the least. As a matter of fact I'd forgotten about the entire thing after I'd gotten home from work Monday AM.

...............Buckshot

wills
05-19-2006, 08:56 AM
................Herb that was going around on the web but is untrue. Retailers have no national reporting entity that gathers and tracks shoplifting information. There was also stuff going around purported to be info from the California Highway Patrol and LAPD about DUI arrests, accidents, and GTA. Truth is they do record that info but it is refined and double checked, then takes several months to be tabulated and double reporting eliminated and all the rest, so it's almost a year in the making.

No one I know of and asked was inconvinienced in the least. As a matter of fact I'd forgotten about the entire thing after I'd gotten home from work Monday AM.

...............Buckshot

I thought everybody knew that “statistic” was intended as humor

KCSO
05-19-2006, 12:17 PM
They talked about having a march on the reservation in our county and asked me about it. I told them we would have a Deputy there checking ID's and every violator would be shipped to INS for deportation. No March.

Herb in Pa
05-19-2006, 04:40 PM

...............Buckshot
I was kidding, but seriously there is a new illegal alien control device available..............:kidding: