PDA

View Full Version : Lee Bullet Mold Question

greg1
12-06-2009, 11:31 AM
What type of lube should be used on the Lee bullet mold sprue plate? Everything I use cooks off.

Nora
12-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Welcome greg1

The stuff I use, and that many others here do to, is called "Bull Plate" lube. It is one of those "must have if you are going to cast boolits" type stuff. It can be purchased by going to the bottom of this page and click on The Bullshop under shooting links.

Nora

greg1
12-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the info. I will try it.

Wally
12-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Not to be a spoiler...I have 20 Lee molds & I use nothing to lube the sprue plate. I remove teh + screw and use a socket head screw--I adjust it loose enough so that the sprue plate swings open by gravity. I know many use special lubes on the sprue plate, but I see no need if the sprue plate is a bit loose.

With all my Lee molds I must cast "hot" and this means the cool down takes longer---after 5~10 casts I will open the sprue plate and spray with a spray water bottle to cool it down just a bit...when I see lead is starting to streak/smear. This also helps to preclude the need to lube the sprue plate.

Shiloh
12-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Bullplate. Available from the Bullshop a link at the botton of the page. Beeswax or boolit lube works until Bullplate comes in. Keep any lube out of the cavities.

Shiloh