PDA

View Full Version : Anyone cast for M4?

Siggy226
12-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Hello,

After successfully shooting over 1k+ rds of my own cast bullets with 9mm Sig P226, i'm now interested in casting for Norc M4 or just M4 in general.

Ideal: using WW, dropped in water, no need to resize, no gas check, and using Xlox. Has anyone successfully accomplished this feat with reasonable accuracy and no lead fouling?

If so or not, please share your experience with M4 with 1-9 twist.

Thanks!

Shiloh
12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
M-4 as in Nato 5.56x45 Chinese clone ??

I have never tried it. As I understand it,the port to the gas tube fouls rather quickly, and is not recommended.

Shiloh

Siggy226
12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Yes sir, it fires 5.56 Nato but is equally fine with .223 with some loss of accuracy I suppose. Nato is hard to come by in Canada and likely very $$$. Everyone fires .223 in the M4 clones. :) I don't even know where to buy nato brass... Don't matter, nobody complains firing .223 with their Norc M4.

Yes, that's what I read too. But some people experience no fouling in the ARs. Hoping someone that fires M4 has some good recipes to share or advice.

StarMetal
12-01-2009, 05:50 PM
M-4 as in Nato 5.56x45 Chinese clone ??

I have never tried it. As I understand it,the port to the gas tube fouls rather quickly, and is not recommended.

Shiloh

You understand incorrectly then. I've been shooting a few AR's in different calibers for year with cast and actually fine them easier to clean and not so much baked on powder carbon in the carrier/bolt assembly. Another internet myth.

Joe