PDA

View Full Version : Got a Nice Whitey

freedom475
11-30-2009, 11:48 PM
I spent the whole season hunting with 475 or my S&W 29 ...and made a couple trips with the 348...managed to miss a great bull elk with my 475.. but that's another story that I won't be tellin..[smilie=s:

The last day of the season I desided to leave the cast and traditional stuff at home. I grabbed the old trusty 7Mag and headed out.

On the last hour of the last day this great whitetail that I had seen once before earlier in the season came walking right up to the brush patch I was setting in. Probly could have taken him with any gun I own since he was walking right at me but since I had the 7mag I stopped him at about 225yrds... sure was glad to have gotten him...I would have given him one more year(or 2) since I believe he is a young buck, but everytime I do that I never get to see them again so he went in my game tree.

Load I use in the 7 is 120gr. SP smokin' out at just short of 3300fps... 700Rem ADL, Ballistic Plex scope and a Boyds Thumbhole stock.... Usually only use it for rockchucks and coyotes but she will shoot a Loooong ways. A chuck spotted at 450 will readily be transformed into a kite...LOL

The fast moving bullet dropped this buck instantly ... It looks like I got about 12inches of penitration before the bullet self destructed...LOL, But I'll know more after I butcher him.

Hope you guys like the pics.
Wes

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae243/7xleather/personal/hunting/DSCN0441.jpg
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae243/7xleather/personal/hunting/DSCN0439.jpg

357maximum
12-01-2009, 01:04 AM
That's a dandy whitey in anyone's book. Congrats...even though you cheated :shock:

DanWalker
12-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Nice buck! I did the same thing this year. Only had a couple days to hunt, so i took my rifle.
Killed both deer at easy handgun ranges.
You got him cleanly and he'll make a dandy trophy for your wall.
Congrats on a fine hunt.
Dan

EMC45
12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Nice indeed!

outdoorfan
12-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Fantastic buck! How old do you suppose he is?