PDA

View Full Version : Sick on first day of season.

mroliver77
11-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Dang!! First day of Ohio deer season and I am down sick! I ate Chinese last night for supper and before I could get home I had a violent case of diarrhea!!! I will skip the details but man I thought I was dying! I attributed it to the Cinese food but my great nephew awoke this morng with projectile nasties from both ends.Poor little guy! My sis works at the school and there were many call ins from staff with the same thing. I think the pink medicine is doing its job and I might give it a try as I hunt in my back yard. (70 acres) If the trots get me I will be in trouble dressed for the weather!!! I usually carry a thermos but if I make it out I will be carrying Pepto Bismol.
Jay

mroliver77
11-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Ha, made it out hunting for a while. very quiet today. Went and picked up my daughter from school and we went back at 3:30. sat till almost dark and then started walking the line to circle back to the house. Shots were fired kinda close so I hollered "did you get him!" A feller yelled back "yep!" We walked over on the neghbors place and his nephew had shot a nice 6 point buck. (3 to you westerners) He gut shot the heck out of it! I helped hin gut it and the intestins were exploded! Stunk to high heaven! I would have dropped it in the nearby creek but he headed off to get help to drag it out of the gully we were in. Darndest thing is I am pretty sure we moved it to him,. :( Mebbe tomorrow I will se a nice fat doe.
Jay

outdoorfan
11-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear you got the squirts and didn't shoot the buck, but there's always tomorrow. Keep up updated.