PDA

View Full Version : 45 cast in GLOCK?

DLCTEX
05-15-2006, 08:53 AM
We have been told that cast boolits cannot be fired in Glocks due to their polygonal rifling will cause massive leading. Anyone have experience in this area?

AnthonyB
05-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Dale, if you search the archives you will find lots of discussion concerning this topic. I shoot lead almost exclusively in my M30 and get no leading. I'm satisfied that it works for ME; it might not work for you. I am a clean freak and the pistol gets a detail strip of the slide every time I fire it. A good range session will see 100-150 rounds through the pistol, so it never goes long without being cleaned. Tony

Ron
05-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Dale, I am in agreement with AnthonyB, I shoot my own hard cast 9mm 125grn TC boolits in my Glock34 and have nil, none, problems with cast lead. I have fired up to 200 rounds in IPSC in a day and as long as you clean the barrel/slide etc after shooting you should have no problems IMO. Dirty guns and over pressure loads are in my opinion a reason for some of the alledged Glock KB's.

Ron

DLCTEX
05-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks Anthony, My son has refused to try my cast boolits in his Glock, believing it would be disaster. I told him the worst he would get was leading that would be removable. You'd think a guy who would fire his Glock under water in the Gulf of Mexico would try anything. Reports concussion stuns fish like crazy, especially if they are in a pipe or under a rock.

DLCTEX
05-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks Ron.