PDA

View Full Version : Little Confused?

2ndAmendmentNut
11-29-2009, 10:59 AM
1) I always thought that the Puma 92s where made by Legacy Sports, and that the Rossi 92s where made by well Rossi. However someone recently informed me that a Puma and a Rossi are the same thing made by the same company. As you can see I am not real clear on the matter.

2) Do either the Rossi’s or the Legacy’s have those idiot proof safeties?

3) Thinking about the 16” barrel version in 357mag. Going to use as truck gun with cast boolits for stuff inside of 75yards. Which one is the better rifle and why?

cajun shooter
11-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Legacy Sports, Puma, Navy Arms, and so on were made at the Rossi plant in Brazil. They have been making these guns for many years. The names you mention are all importers of the same gun with their name on it. After the sale of Rossi to Taurus and the formation of Braz-Tech alot has changed. I was given this informatiom by Steve Young AKA Nate Kiowa Jones. Steve sells EMF which is also a importer of the Rossi with their name on it. Taurus refuses to sell EMF guns that they need to sell to stay in business so they went to Italy to have the "new" 92's made by the Italians. Taurus will sell the Rossi and it's still made in Brazil. All the most recent guns have the stupid safety on the bolt. Steve or yourself if you are handy can remove it and insert a plug. Gun Broker has a lot of the old guns come up for sell and for the most part they have been fired little if you shop. I have owned as many as 4 of the 92's and they are great little guns. They are well known for the accuracy they have.