PDA

View Full Version : Herters Shotgun reloader ...Help

atr
11-28-2009, 11:44 AM
I have a Herters model 7-64-N72M reloader for 12 GA shotgun
I believe it is complete, but I dont have any instruction manual for it.
Does anyone have an manual or know how to operate this thing ? Does anyone have one they use or is this so out of date as to be useless. I bought this back in the 60's but before I could do anything with it I got shipped out to Vietnam. Its been sitting in a garage these many years. Now I would like to use it, if possible.
thanks
atr

Mike W1
11-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Looks like the one I bought up in Waseca in the early 60's. An older friend that was both a reloader and a machinist strongly suggested I return it which I did. I suppose it would probably work but it really was a wierd design. If it was mine I'd sell it for what I could get out of it and buy a MEC and have something that was a lot more useable. Particularly now that hulls are virtually all plastics.

Red Baron
01-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Hey ATR,

I have recently acquired one of these also. Have you had any success in finding an owner's manual?

Thanks,
Jeff

I have a Herters model 7-64-N72M reloader for 12 GA shotgun
I believe it is complete, but I dont have any instruction manual for it.
Does anyone have an manual or know how to operate this thing ? Does anyone have one they use or is this so out of date as to be useless. I bought this back in the 60's but before I could do anything with it I got shipped out to Vietnam. Its been sitting in a garage these many years. Now I would like to use it, if possible.
thanks
atr

Joe504
01-13-2016, 08:42 AM
See if this helps

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33468843/Herter-s-72N-Shotshell-Reloading-Tool-Instructions-1960s#

Red Baron
01-13-2016, 08:56 AM
See if this helps

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33468843/Herter-s-72N-Shotshell-Reloading-Tool-Instructions-1960s#

Exactly what the doctor ordered. Thank you VERY MUCH Joe!

Jeff

MT Chambers
01-15-2016, 04:28 PM
That looks like " the world's finest reloader".

William Yanda
01-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Herter's was never even a contestant in the "Most Humble" category.

Red Baron
01-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Herter's was never even a contestant in the "Most Humble" category.

Their ads remind me of the descriptions in the catalog that were written by Elaine's boss on Seinfeld.

atr
01-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Jeff,
yes I do have a reprinted manual.....if the link provided by Joe504 doesn't work out let me know.
Also, I have found that many of the parts, brass fingers, seating assembly are the same as used by MEC.
the biggest problem you Might have is with the small washers that were used to regulated the powder and shot. Hopefully you got some of those washers when you purchased the press
good luck
atr