PDA

View Full Version : They're Baaaaaaaack

StarMetal
11-24-2009, 01:04 AM
The Macs or whatever you want to call them.

https://www.masterpiecearms.com/index.php

Joe

Bert2368
11-24-2009, 01:33 AM
Gag me with a fork!

Bret4207
11-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Yawn...............They were junk before, they'll be junk now. Just the thing for the Mall Ninja to carry in his "AO" while "reconning" the 7-11.

StarMetal
11-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Unattractive, non appealing, not much sporting use, but never the less very reliable and definitely not junk. Would I own one? Probably not.

Joe

docone31
11-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Now, hold the phone!
The rifles.
I haven't seen a Camp Carbine in a long time. The rifles in 9mm, and .45ACP might just fill the opening.
Other uses,
Not for me.
I like single shots.

Uncle R.
11-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Yawn...............They were junk before, they'll be junk now. Just the thing for the Mall Ninja to carry in his "AO" while "reconning" the 7-11.

They can't be junk - they're tactical.
I saw it right on the web page.
Tactical. It said tactical.
I need at least one of each!

Dframe
11-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Kind of cute for "berm busting" but of little value for much else. A friend had one of the old ones and it was fun for about 5 minutes till the novelty wore off. AND you deceided you actually wanted to hit something intentionally and not incidentally.

StarMetal
11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
They do have tactic use, even more so with silencers, and in the smaller calibers they are pretty controllable in full auto. Still not a good pick for me.

Joe

9.3X62AL
11-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Oh, lovely. Every meth slinger's dream gun. All ya need now is a 79 GM 2-door with 2+ body panels in gray primer, and you'd be in bizness.

RU shooter
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
I hope there is as much or more trigger slap to sting the heck out of your finger as the first ones....... And Yes the TACTICOOL aspect:lol: . Must have a rail on every square inch of the weapon to attach 20 lbs of various accessories that any self respecting ninja can live without.And please let it have a LASER !!!!a huge one too :lol:

StarMetal
11-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh, lovely. Every meth slinger's dream gun. All ya need now is a 79 GM 2-door with 2+ body panels in gray primer, and you'd be in bizness.

Al,

I saw that car, plate number?????:coffeecom

Joe

Gaston
11-24-2009, 05:09 PM
It sounds like most of you see them as "Pitbulls". You hate them as much/more because of who owns them than what they are by them selves. Be careful what you say. The Government doesn't need much if any reason to consider something "Non sporting".

http://enrico.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451af4b69e201156f7e1fc7970c-800wi

Get it?

Geraldo
11-24-2009, 05:34 PM
It sounds like most of you see them as "Pitbulls". You hate them as much/more because of who owns them than what they are by them selves. Be careful what you say. The Government doesn't need much if any reason to consider something "Non sporting".

There is neither an expressed nor implied "sporting" requirement in the Constitution. If you choose to worry about "sporting" use or not you've already been beaten by the man.

That said, I've no use for a clunky, semi-auto knock-off of a subgun.

KCSO
11-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Actually I have a Masterpiece side cocker carbine as a trunk gun in my cruiser. The gun is accurate and makes a handy reliable entry gun if you don't need full auto. The idea that they take surplus sten mags is a plus too. My gun will shoot into 3" at 100 yards wiith a 2.5 power scope and with the laser I can keep all my shots inside 4" at 50 yards. I have put mayybe 400 rounds of 124 grain cast through the gun with no leading and excellent accuracy. I personally have little use for tactical anything but i have to say that the Masterpiece arms carbines are just as usefull as say an AR or an AK and at less than 1/2 the price.

Bucks Owin
11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
There is neither an expressed nor implied "sporting" requirement in the Constitution. If you choose to worry about "sporting" use or not you've already been beaten by the man.

That said, I've no use for a clunky, semi-auto knock-off of a subgun.
Amen! Ronnie Barrett's fine line of .50 BMG rifles went on Kalifornia's poop list a few years ago. I always thought looooong range varmit shooting with a M-99 .50 would be extremely "sporting"! I guess the gangbangers must've been using too many of those 25+ lb rifle$ for "tactical support" on those 7-11 jobs....

yondering
11-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Actually I have a Masterpiece side cocker carbine as a trunk gun in my cruiser. The gun is accurate and makes a handy reliable entry gun if you don't need full auto. The idea that they take surplus sten mags is a plus too. My gun will shoot into 3" at 100 yards wiith a 2.5 power scope and with the laser I can keep all my shots inside 4" at 50 yards. I have put mayybe 400 rounds of 124 grain cast through the gun with no leading and excellent accuracy. I personally have little use for tactical anything but i have to say that the Masterpiece arms carbines are just as usefull as say an AR or an AK and at less than 1/2 the price.

The rifles do appear to be functionally pretty similar to the Mech-Tech carbines. I really like my Mech-Tech .45, and accuracy is about the same as you're getting above. Lot's of fun for plinking or varmint hunting. I can see how one of those would be useful for police/military uses too.

If I didn't have the Mech Tech I'd be interested in one of these rifles. I'm not big on the looks, but the Mech-Techs are pretty ugly too.

Freightman
11-24-2009, 06:24 PM
What has sporting got to do with "The right to keep and bare arms"? I haven't hunted in 40 years and do not compete in any matches but I still have the "Right" to have a rifle, gun, ect. don't I? I for one am tired of "gun people" shooting them self in the foot, Aint got a thing to do with sports! I am real thick skinned so fire away.

Gaston
11-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Don't overlook their best attributes. They make a great BRICK when they run out of ammo.

odis
11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I own 4 tactical weapons. Our nations first sniper rifle a Lancaster county long rifle, a 1917 Eddystone, a 1903 a3 and my only foreign version a 1891 Argie in 7.65. The only modern one I would consider owning is a Garand. Thats just me though I believe in our constitution and feel if someone wants an ugly conglomeration of plastic and sheet metal go ahead and waste your money you have the right.

Idaho Sharpshooter
11-30-2009, 02:52 AM
Chuck Norris ruled the mall with one in each hand...
I figure they got at least the range and accuracy of a major league fastball.

Rich

Odis,

are you talking about the MAC or the AR-15?

odis
11-30-2009, 10:03 AM
I like em made from iron and wood.

goste
12-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks for posting that link StarMetal...

I saw some good stuff, in the accessories..... I may get one of the stocks for my Mac10, might make it easier to shoot...
Thanks again
Caspar

JIMinPHX
12-04-2009, 08:05 PM
yawn...............they were junk before, they'll be junk now. Just the thing for the mall ninja to carry in his "ao" while "reconning" the 7-11.

"ao"?

jack19512
12-04-2009, 11:10 PM
I was looking at some of those at a gun shop today. Can't for the life of me think what I would do with one though. I don't know how accurate they are now and ammo is just too expensive to spray and could just get a high cap magazine for my Glock and do that. Way back years ago I shot one of the fully automatic .380 ones at a gun shoot and thought it was pretty neat but too many things have changed now for me to have any interest in them now.

Uncle R.
12-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Years ago I used to compete in a bowling pin shoot where a huge capacity pistol would be useful - you could take out approximately 25 bowling pins at 25 yards or so and be a winner if you were a good shooter and had a pistol with a bottomless magazine. I talked to a local dealer about getting one of the MAC semis for that game and he told me they couldn't reliably HIT a bowling pin at 25 yards.
Lost all interest in 'em right there.

dualsport
12-05-2009, 06:27 AM
I believe that's 'area of operation'.

Heavy lead
12-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Well, snide remarks aside, the .460 Rowland with the extra 45 acp upper seems like a pretty nice setup to me. Most meth cookers we have in this part of the world couldn't afford much more then your typicical H & R single shot rusted up *** that goes for $50. Mall ninja or not, if these firearms work and will group even remotely well, they would be ten times better than the 5.56 in close with the proper frangible ammuninition and a laser it would make a great house gun.

StarMetal
12-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Take a gander here and see some mods and give you more of an idea what these firearms were intended for:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32464

Joe

jack19512
12-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Take a gander here and see some mods and give you more of an idea what these firearms were intended for:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32464

Joe

The one in the 3rd pic down looks kind of like the one I shot in .380 full auto. I remember it was very quiet. You could have shot it in your back yard and the neighbors wouldn't have heard it.

I didn't shoot it for accuracy but I did shoot it at a human sized target and anyone within say around 20 yards would have been in a world of hurt.