PDA

View Full Version : UPS Ground Service will increase 4.9%

DCP
11-23-2009, 10:26 AM
2010 Rates Effective January 4, 2010*

UPS Ground Service will increase 4.9%

View new rates, accessorial changes, service information and changes to the fuel surcharges by visiting ups.com/rates on the following dates:

November 20, 2009: Preview UPS Ground Service, Air and International Services and accessorials and fuel surcharges.
December 18, 2009: Pre-order or download the 2010 UPS Rate and Service Guide. Guides will start shipping the first week of January.
Fuel Surcharge Calculation Changes

Beginning January 4, 2010, changes are being made to how our Air and International Services and Ground Service fuel surcharges are calculated. These changes will better align our fuel surcharges, and decrease volatility when fuel prices fluctuate.

blackthorn
11-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Having had a small parcel shipped to me here in Canada by a vendor in the states, let me say that United Parcel Service is the biggest rip off artist I have had the misfortune of having dealt with!!! I will never knowingly use their service again.

Hardcast416taylor
11-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Definition for U.P.S. "U Payin` Sucka"! I have another definition but can`t print it here.:sad: I believe they hire chimps and gorillas to handle packages or pack the trucks.Robert

StarMetal
11-23-2009, 12:38 PM
What amazes me is everyone knows their CEO is anti gun...and yet many gun and gun product companies still use them....including many of us. Let us do what the U.S. does with Iran, put sanctions on them in the form of not using them. Hurt them where it hurts the money...the pocket book!

Joe

Houndog
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
All the more reason to use USPS and Fed ex

sleeper1428
11-23-2009, 01:11 PM
All the more reason to use USPS and Fed ex

I second this wholeheartedly!! I haven't used UPS for several years. FedEx may be a few pennies more but I'll gladly pay those few pennies. And with USPS having the Flat Rate Boxes I've been using them a lot more lately.

sleeper1428

Marlin Hunter
11-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Definition for U.P.S. "U Payin` Sucka"! I have another definition but can`t print it here.:sad: I believe they hire chimps and gorillas to handle packages or pack the trucks.Robert

Some of the UPS drivers that have high seniority and work a business route with lots of over time make close to $100,000 a year. The UPS driver that delivered to the place I worked said he made 98K with overtime. He worked over 12 hours a day. this was back in 1999-2000. I doubt he has that much overtime now.

jonk
11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
What do you think, it's a union company. The economic downturn means less packages are being sent and that means less revenue. But can they fire their entrenched union members? I'm sure no. So they pass the cost on to the consumer.

We as the consumer are free to ignore them.

I will ship however is cheapest. By cheapest convenience comes into play as well. The post office is down the street. UPS hub is 30 miles away. Staples, kinkos, etc charge a fee, a pick up costs $10. So usually the post office is cheapest, especially with flat rate boxes.

lead-1
11-23-2009, 05:07 PM
A while back all the shipping companies raised their rates due to the rising cost of fuel and oil and called it a fuel surcharge increase. Then the govt. stepped in released some reserves and the oil suppliers lowered the cost and fuel dropped like a buck a gallon or close to it, the surcharge never dropped. Now that fuel has risen to close to the previous rate they feel the need to make another rate increase on top of the one that wasn't lowered with the fuel cost so basicly it is a charge for the charge we already pay for.
The bleeding is not going to stop until we are bled out, but as we are bleeding health care reform will take care of us, right.

Don't pay no attention to me, I get this way every once in a while.

boatdoc55
11-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Just as was said, DON'T USE UPS!!!!! They are a rip off company that pay their people way to much because of a dang union. Unions do NOTHING but keep lousy employees earning more than 5 times their worth. 100k a year to drive a truck they don't own or have to keep up, that's f$#$#$# nuts!!!!

Idaho Sharpshooter
11-25-2009, 02:14 AM
boatdoc55,

what is your occupation, and how much do you make a year? Turned down a raise lately or offered to take a pay cut to help your employer keep prices low? Didn't think so...

The last Forbes report indicated that union members make about 1/3 more, and are about 28% more likely to own a home. Dang unions anyway!

Rich
retired union member with a home that is paid for

armyrat1970
11-25-2009, 08:20 AM
As jonk stated I will ship by whatever is cheapest. Ordered a Lee 20lb casting pot from Midway Monday night and the cheapest rate was with UPS. Chose that for shipping. Heard McDonalds is also anti gun but love their hamburgers and still buy from them. Sorry but I have to look out for my financial needs also. And my taste in food. I don't really care for WalMart but shop there because of their prices. If it comes out to pennies I would rather go with the better source but how do we know what all of them support. Sign of the times. If we could ever ALL pull together and make a difference that would be one thing, but that is highly unlikely.

alamogunr
11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
I would prefer to use USPS too, but the premium shipping companies offer true tracking. The post office's concept of tracking is to tell you when your package is delivered. I already knew that. It was sitting on my steps or in my mailbox. Given a choice I use FedEx if USPS is not an option. Occasionally, I have to use UPS if that is all that the vendor uses and I can't find the product anywhere else.

John
W.TN

Shiloh
11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
I quit using my Chase Visa card. They're anti gun. Loved purchasing all gun stuff with it.
Yeah, they are an anti 2nd Amendment banking organization, but the real reason is they kept adding service charges even when paying in full early.

A phone call always got them dismissed, but the sneaky grubbers kept adding them in.

Shiloh

mpmarty
11-25-2009, 01:29 PM
How many remember the UPS "Silver Bullet" promotion in 1969 when they were declared the only available firearms transport provider by the GCA of 1968?

DevilDog83
11-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Post Office Flat Rate boxes, 'till the good ole guvment bankrupts that to

chris in va
11-25-2009, 09:27 PM
There's a massive billboard here in Louisville that says, "Warning! UPS workers have not signed a contract in three years. If one is not agreed upon, we will STRIKE!" ...or something to that effect. Right across from the airport where the UPS hub is based.