PDA

View Full Version : Found (for sale) .30 Carbine Blackhawk

BruceB
11-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Due to recent discussions here at CB concerning this revolver and cartridge, and perceiving that some folks might be interested in buying one, I'm posting this information as a "public service" aka "enabler".

I am NOT in any way connected with this gun or the sale thereof.

So:

New Model Blackhawk in .30 Carbine, 7.5" barrel, wooden factory grips in 100% condition, blue at least 99% with only a light turn line on the cylinder. Trigger pull is very good, as Blackhawks go.

Price is marked at $350, which tempts even me.

Call Wild West Jewelery and Loan at 775-625-4800. This outfit has their own FFL.

(I liked a sign in the store: "Your loan amount depends on your attitude.")

Shiloh
11-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I have fired two different Blackhawks in .30 carbine. Lots of fun, accurate, impressive muzzle flash, LOUD!!

Never owned one.

Shiloh

AZ-Stew
11-19-2009, 10:41 PM
And here I sit on an empty wallet... :cry:

Regards,

Stew

Mk42gunner
11-20-2009, 08:51 AM
And here I sit on an empty wallet... :cry:

Regards,

Stew

Stew, that's the story of my life now.

Robert

Crash_Corrigan
11-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Gee I already have one of those.....maybe I should get a pair?

Oldtimer
11-20-2009, 09:53 AM
I had one of those things about 20 years ago. I sold it because it was so uncomfortable to shoot. Probably the loudest firearm I have ever heard, even with plugs, and phones on. Shot great though. Bob

GrizzLeeBear
11-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Trigger pull is very good, as Blackhawks go.

Price is marked at $350, which tempts even me.

Wow, you actually had this gun in your hand with THAT price tag on it and DIDN'T buy it?
You got some impulse control my friend!

Or you've used up all your "new gun brownie points" with the wife, like me.:roll:

BruceB
11-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Some weeks ago, I told my wife that I didn't think I needed any more rifles.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Just in the short period since that declaration, a .32 Winchester Model 64 leaped into my hands, and then last weekend, a Garand came home with me from the Big Reno Show......along with a "social" Remington 870 riot gun for my daughter's house.

So, my wiggle room with the 'War Department' is probably a bit limited just now.

The impulse still lives, though! From comments on this thread, it seems that the price is reasonable.....? It just so happens that I have brass, dies, and moulds ON HAND.

Get thee behind me, Satan!

9.3X62AL
11-20-2009, 11:31 AM
That's a right fair price, I'd say--at least, by PRC standards.

By some miraculous and likely accidental machination of Providence, the safety test standards cooked up by CA are not applicable to Single Action Army-type revolvers like those made by Colt, USFA, Uberti, et al. Of course, the Rugers have their transfer bar from 1973 forward, but just the same these revolvers don't require the re-qualification/re-submission every 5 years to be sold here. Accordingly, there is no "list" the examples will "drop off" from at some future date.

So, the "need" to acquire an example isn't critical--beyond the usual temptation and infatuation any decent firearm usually produces, at least.

Bullshop
11-20-2009, 02:41 PM
We also have one available from our shop. It is new/unfired but has no box. It was a store display gun and the box was lost. It is obviosly new as there is not even a drag mark on the cylender.
I will ship it anywhere in the US for $410.00 total. If anyone is interested we can put up some pics. We barter/trade here so if you have a hog or some chickens or a couple ton of grain surplus to your needs make an offer.
BIC/BS

ChopperDoc
11-20-2009, 06:52 PM
few years ago I had an old 3 screw that never worked right: I ended up selling it and broke even. I bought a new, unfired one last month for $399. Love it!!!! shoots way better than my last one. I'm getting ready to liquidate most of my guns but this ones a keeper!!!

Cherokee
11-20-2009, 10:01 PM
I really like the 30 Carbine Blackhawks, got one when they first came out and have a few now. Lots of fun to shoot and accurate. Cast bullets are great in them.

ReloaderFred
11-20-2009, 10:21 PM
9.3X62AL,

The reason single action revolvers aren't on the "test and approve" list for California is due to the efforts of Boyd Davis, the owner of EMF. He made several trips to Sacramento and met with the Attorney General at the time, along with his staff, and convinced them to not include any of the single action revolvers. The rest as they say, is history.

Hope this helps.

Fred

PS: From 1985 through 1993, I was the Commander in Charge of the Northeast Substation Area for the Kern County Sheriff's Dept., which included Ridgecrest, Kern Valley, Walker Basin and Glennville.

jsizemore
11-21-2009, 12:11 AM
30 cabine could be shot in hunters pistol silhouette. A fella showed up with some factory loads and it threw a fireball the size of a basketball. We figured it had to be loaded with 4227.

Three44s
11-21-2009, 01:17 AM
What a wonderful varminter combo ........ in a Blackhawk

...... if only it weren't so DANG NOISY!!!!

HORRENDEROUSLY LOUD!!!!!!

Three 44s

stephen perry
11-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Had an $18 ordinance model stole out of a Desert cabin back in the 60's. Don't really miss it. Wouldn't mind owning a Ruger .30 pistol.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR :brokenima

partsman
11-21-2009, 02:56 PM
We also have one available from our shop. It is new/unfired but has no box. It was a store display gun and the box was lost. It is obviosly new as there is not even a drag mark on the cylender.
I will ship it anywhere in the US for $410.00 total. If anyone is interested we can put up some pics. We barter/trade here so if you have a hog or some chickens or a couple ton of grain surplus to your needs make an offer.
BIC/BS

I am a newb this is my first post sorry for no intro but I am interested
in thus gun is it possible to get some pictures

jdgabbard
11-21-2009, 03:41 PM
BIC/BS

Oh, how I wish I had an FFL...