PDA

View Full Version : Last Chance

kbstenberg
11-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Good evening to all. Today was the last day of deer season at my house. I had to work. Got off at 3pm. Sunset is 5:10. Work is 45min. form home. So i decided to sit in a box blind i built for the grands an the wife.
Just about sunset i closed my eyes said a prayer thanking God for the long run of successfully hunts( probably 20 years successfully). It couldn't have been 2 minutes later she walked into the food plot. Soon as she broke into the open i put the crosshairs on her shoulder. She died so fast she fell into a sleeping position. That is the second time in the last 4 years i filled my tag within half an hour of close of season.

outdoorfan
11-16-2009, 06:07 AM
Way to go! Reminds me of when I fillled my buck tag (also Minnesota) back in '99 in the last 10 minutes of shootable daylight of the last day of the season. What a relief.

Beerd
11-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Shooting at last light, been there & done that. Each time I say I'll never do it again.
Holding the flashlight in your mouth while field dressing a deer adds that certain something to the process:-)

And congrats on your deer.

Blammer
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
hmm, I've always used the headlights on my car/truck. :)

Beerd
11-16-2009, 07:34 PM

my prefered method too.
but I cann't always drive to where the critter goes down.

OBXPilgrim
11-16-2009, 08:42 PM

He meant cleanin, not shootin!!

:kidding:

kbstenberg
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Ya when i left work all i had was my rifle shells an orange suit. what do you mean ill see one tonight i haven't seen one in 6 days of hunting. Well it was on my land so i didn't have a worry someone taking it.
I took the ATV over used its lites to feald dress the deer, then drag it out. When i think of all the deer i have drug out by hand my back starts to hurting. But it is still part of the hunt.
When i think of all the new hunters who misout on the good parts of the hunt i wish some of the old days could come back.