PDA

View Full Version : whoo hoo Hit pay dirt

peter nap
11-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Can't hunt in Va on Sunday so I went to the gun show. I wanted to find a .600 RB Mold but didn't think I would...and I didn't.

BUT

I did find an RCBS Primer pocket swage for both large and small primers...$7.00

then I found a fellow walking around with a plastic bag of loading dies, still in their cases, RCBS, Lyman and Redding.

8 die sets, including 308 and 243 which I needed. I bought the bag for $25.00.

Bought a bag of crushed walnut hulls too.

mooman76
11-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Good deal. You just never know about gun shows. Sometimes you go and find nothing and sometimes you go and don't have enough money for the things you could get.

jhrosier
11-15-2009, 06:01 PM
There are so few good deals at gunshows these days that you almost feel like you stole something when you find a good deal.
I picked up a very nice Lyman 2 cav .41 cal mould at a recent show for $15 and looked behind me all the way home in case the police were following.[smilie=l:

Jack

Hickory
11-15-2009, 06:27 PM
I set up a table at a local gunshow to unload some stuff I no longer used or wanted. One item was a T/C Contender 10" 44 mag. with scopebase. I had a price tag of $95.00 on it. It was a good shooter with nothing wrong with it. Alot of people looked at it and most asked what was wrong with it.
Finally, one guy really looked it over and declaired that he really wanted it, BUT wanted to know what was wrong with it.

I took out a pencil and wrote my name, address and ph# on a card and showed him my drivers licence to vairify who I was and said "If you buy it and are not satisfied with it in 30 days I'll buy it back plus $20.00"
He gave me $95.00 took the paper with my name and address, and I've never herd from him since. :-P

Topper
11-15-2009, 06:31 PM
25 bucks, you did WELL;-)

wistlepig1
11-16-2009, 01:24 AM
I have always said that I would rather be lucky than good. Good deal LUCKY.