PDA

View Full Version : Primers easier to get?

Shooter6br
11-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Just bought LR and SP primmers locallyThe owner said "How many do you want" Is the shortage over?

mooman76
11-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Not comletely. Primers are still spotty but they are showing up on the shelves now so that's good news. Some places are reporting better than others and prices are still high in places. Not there yet but it should be around the corner.

atr
11-13-2009, 09:03 PM
primers and powder are much more available here in the Pacific Northwest

Throckmorton
11-13-2009, 09:14 PM
NOt in my sw corner of the PNW. :( almost no primers OR powder in the vancouver area.Bimarts have been getting a few primers,but not tons of them,limit is 400. Sportsmans'/sporst wholesale shows powder jugs on display,but neve have what I ask for,they should take them down if they don't have it !

mrmoore2
11-13-2009, 10:01 PM
I've seen more primers here in N. Central Texas lately, the last time I looked they were still running around $50/thousand. Except for that one place in Garland that I had the misfortune to stop at last week. They had an excellent selection of CCI primers, and you could buy all you wanted, for only (are you sitting down?) a paltry $110/thousand. One Hundred and Ten! In US dollars! I almost fell over. I don't really see much reason to stop there anymore.

Shooter6br
11-13-2009, 10:18 PM
I payed $29 per 1K.Have to return for some LR I shoot mainly.Had a choice of CCI or Federal Also some Remington

BOOM BOOM
11-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi,
paid $35 /1000 in provo last mo. For lr. Still felt it was too much. But wanted to maitain my shootin activities.

mooman76
11-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I paid $45 at a gunshop in town that prices are a little high. I go there because they have the best supply in town and there are darn few places that have reloading supplies, especially primers. It doesn't pay to spend $20 in gas to save 10 and the only reason I paid for those was in case things start getting worse again. I could go to a gun show but they charge like $12 to get in a 3 to park and then they may run out before you get there are some are limiting you to one box. Either way I feel like I'm gett screwed.