PDA

View Full Version : Thumlers tumbler bargain

BeeMan
05-07-2006, 08:11 PM
My wife hit the jackpot and brought home a Thumlers model B tumbler from a garage sale. It had never even been assembled. She got it for $4. I gladly took her out for dinner today.
:-D

Hip's Ax
05-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Wow! Thats a MAJOR score! Those things are around $125 plus shipping. I have an older one that has seen better days (still keeps chugging though), I keep thinking about buying a new one but always put it off. And you only bought her dinner? LOL [smilie=1:

fiberoptik
05-09-2006, 06:37 PM
:( How come I never find these "garage sales"?? All I ever find is old broken junk & disposable stuff, along w/baby clothes. I've yet to find a garage sale with reloading stuff..... boohoohoo...

Bent Ramrod
05-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Wowie zowie, BeeMan! I thought I was doing well when I got a well-used Thumler's for $35!

I once found a Starrett combination square for $25 at a garage sale, and found a bunch of .44 Spl and .44-40 brass at approximately scrap metal prices. But those are two nuggets in an endless dross of baby clothes, picture frames, Wayne Newton records and other such.

Bucks Owin
05-13-2006, 02:15 PM
My wife hit the jackpot and brought home a Thumlers model B tumbler from a garage sale. It had never even been assembled. She got it for $4. I gladly took her out for dinner today.
:-D

Gee, I'll be glad to give you $8 for it. You'll double your investment!

Dennis [smilie=1:

azrednek
05-15-2006, 02:58 PM
:( How come I never find these "garage sales"?? All I ever find is old broken junk & disposable stuff, along w/baby clothes. I've yet to find a garage sale with reloading stuff..... boohoohoo...

You have to get out of bed early and hit the neighborhoods with high priced homes. Ever remember your mother saying "the early bird gets the worm". On the other hand I scored my casting stuff from a run down apartment area. The husband was on his way to prison and the wife was parting with all his "junk". My last reloading score, over a year ago was a Lee turret press, 2 die sets in a plastic tool box for 5 bucks. Those goods immediately went to Ebay for some bullet mold money. My best reloading yard sale score was abox of Herters tools and many very old componenets, like boxes of primers with 19 cent price tags. Reloading tools show up occasionally at storage locker auctions but then you have to deal with the rest of the junk. At least here in Arizona, firearms and ammo found in a locker has to be turned over to the cops.