PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated at myself - lost my shell holder

ghh3rd
11-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I wanted to try the new .44 SBH tomorrow morning with friends. Cast 100 rounds tonight, lubed, and realized that I am unable to locate the #30 shell holder that I had purchased. Oh, why me?!

Sorry to waste a post on this, I just had to vent. At least I won't have to clean the gun now...

Randy

targetshootr
11-10-2009, 10:36 PM
The fastest way to find something is buy another one. It'll turn up as soon as the new one gets there.

Bert2368
11-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I promise it will show up in the last place you look for it...

Mk42gunner
11-10-2009, 11:13 PM
I wanted to try the new .44 SBH tomorrow morning with friends. Cast 100 rounds tonight, lubed, and realized that I am unable to locate the #30 shell holder that I had purchased. Oh, why me?!

Randy

That is one reason I have two sets of Lee's universal shellholders.

The other is that I can leave the one in the press while priming with the RCBS hand primer, or use two single stage presses at the same time.

Robert

ghh3rd
11-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Lee's universal shellholders

I will have to invest in a set.

mooman76
11-10-2009, 11:39 PM
I couldn't find mine some time after I first started. The one that goes in the priming tool. Turns out it was in the last place I looked. Left in the priming tool from the time before. That's why I get extras. That reminds me I still need to get an extra set.

ghh3rd
11-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Well, I guess we'll have six handguns and two or three rifles with us. That should keep the first time shooter that's coming with us busy.

I even found 1 round of commercial .44 mag and one .44 Special that I picked up somewhere, probably on the floor of the indoor range, so of course I'm dragging the Ruger SBH along just to try two rounds. Gotta make every shot count :-).

plus1hdcp
11-11-2009, 01:24 AM
The fastest way to find something is buy another one. It'll turn up as soon as the new one gets there.

True --> True --> True

lead-1
11-11-2009, 01:38 AM

Without a doubt, I went through this about a month ago. I got a MEC reloader that was complete except the primer spring and pad that goes in the primer cup, I put the cup away so it wouldn't roll away somewhere. I ordered a new spring and pad, took the press completely apart and cleaned it, when I put it all back together I had the new parts from MEC but couldn't find the cup anywhere. I called MEC and ordered a new cup and two days later I found the old one, ONE LOUSY FOOT from the press, the perverbial "if it had been a snake it would've bit me."

bohokii
11-11-2009, 01:45 AM

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e366/bohoki/DCP_7624.jpg
haa tell me about it i'm up to my third 30 carbine shellholder

lwknight
11-11-2009, 02:02 AM
So far I do not have any 2 calibers that use the same shell holder so I leave the shell holders in the die box. I have to compensate for my C.R.S. disease