PDA

View Full Version : another lee 310gr .44mag load

Ekalb2000
11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Just some info for all.
Finally got around to the range today with the 94 carbine, SBH and Redhawk.
The Win94 slugs in at 432
The SBH slugs in cylinder 432 and brl at 431
Did not slug the Redhawk.
My boolits measure at 433 one week after casting
No gascheck
Water cooled WW

The loads, all tight crimped, shot at 50 and 100yrds. No key holing from any.
8gr - Unique
9gr - Unique
13gr - 2400
14gr - 2400

The RH liked none of them. Could not hit in the same two feet with any load. 8grs was the closest though. Minor leading on the lands.

The SBH absolutly hated the unique loads. Could not hit the broad side of thee barn, im serious. I was actually laughing at the 3-4ft differences I was getting. All over the place, up, down and sideways.
The SBH really loved the 2400 loads. The only issue I got is the rear sight will not go any lower. Will have to file the rear grove down some. But had good grouping for me for now. Will probably work up some differnt loads. No leading, cept about 1inch from the muzzel for just about half inch.

The Win94 hated the unique loads as well. Almost sounded like a .22. Had to check down the brl the first couple times to make sure it was not a squib load.
The 2400 really shined with this rifle. Dead on at 50 and 100. did not have the chance to go out further. will next time. I thought it was cool that it almost took a couple seconds after I pulled the trigger till it got down range. No leading with either powder in the rifle. Again I am very please with the out come in the 94.

Funny thing, for me, the RH kicked alot harder than the SBH. Gotta be the grip.

The .357 BH, didnt load any boolits for it, but it was dead on at 50 and 100. Fun little gun, cant wait to get a good mold and dies for this. I just wish it had the red gripframe. Just a smidge small for me.

andy