PDA

View Full Version : Ready (almost) to cast .44 boolits

ghh3rd
11-07-2009, 03:36 AM
Just picked up my .44 SBH yesterday, and also got my Midway package from UPS with Lee 6 cavity mold, sizer, gas checks, dies, etc. Gleefully opened the package, all excited about casting some boolits this weekend, and what the heck! I forgot to order handles for the mold! First 6 cavity I've owned, so no handles from other molds to use.

If I can't get hold of some handles somewhere tomorrow, I may have to improvise a way cast just a handfull of boolits from this 'handless mold'.

Anyone ever tried this?

Randy

Tom W.
11-07-2009, 06:47 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=41217

Yup... someone has an answer..

randyrat
11-07-2009, 07:33 AM
I started getting a headache thinkin about this one UNTIL......I have a great idea!
Send me to Florida, you can use my handles. Just come down to the beach and let me know when your done. I can catch a flight this afternoon. OOOHH i'm gonna have to crash on the couch, all the hotels are booked up.

Dang, i feel for you. Two C clamps, heat the mold up real good first. Don't clamp too tight. Could take a while....Maybe you should just order a set of handles. Unless someone else has a brain storm.

Blammer
11-07-2009, 11:13 AM
get some really really thick welding gloves and just hold the mould closed in one hand and pour. :)

it's been done before!

ghh3rd
11-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Send me to Florida, you can use my handles.
How much beeswax can you fit into a large suitcase?

vanilla_gorilla
11-08-2009, 03:06 AM
I started getting a headache thinkin about this one UNTIL......I have a great idea!
Send me to Florida, you can use my handles. Just come down to the beach and let me know when your done. I can catch a flight this afternoon. OOOHH i'm gonna have to crash on the couch, all the hotels are booked up.

Dang, i feel for you. Two C clamps, heat the mold up real good first. Don't clamp too tight. Could take a while....Maybe you should just order a set of handles. Unless someone else has a brain storm.

Come on down. The Gulf of Mexico is walking distance that way. -------->

Couch is clean and ready.